Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

Never was a fan of TdH, but I think I'm in the market for the parfum version. Sprayed some on at Sephora a while ago, I guess I like the bitter orange/Vetiver combo more than I had thought.

Anyone here try back to black has some interesting notes but I don't like super sweet feminine scents wondering if that's what it smells like, love TV wondering if it's similar but just a little sweeter.

Tried Tobacco Vanille at Bloomingdale's today, a bit disappointed.  Is the dry down more of a vanilla-scent is it the same all the way through?  I should've sprayed myself, but I was wearing Pi, so I probably wouldn't have smelled it anyway...

Just picked up a bottle of Pure Malt today. Haven't worn it yet but the initial spray on tester strip is
pimp.gif
. Gonna give it a test run tomorrow.

Tried Tobacco Vanille at Bloomingdale's today, a bit disappointed.  Is the dry down more of a vanilla-scent is it the same all the way through?  I should've sprayed myself, but I was wearing Pi, so I probably wouldn't have smelled it anyway...
I've heard there are some batch inconsistencies. Some more tobacco heavy, others more vanilla heavy. Though I believe the vanilla comes out more as it dries down. Also, imo, smelling fragrances on paper is almost useless

Yeah vanilla kicks in more later on

Just picked up a bottle of Pure Malt today. Haven't worn it yet but the initial spray on tester strip is
pimp.gif
. Gonna give it a test run tomorrow.
I've been saying this for ever and haven't done it yet, but i'm just gonna blind buy this  

Last edited:
I've heard there are some batch inconsistencies. Some more tobacco heavy, others more vanilla heavy. Though I believe the vanilla comes out more as it dries down. Also, imo, smelling fragrances on paper is almost useless
It was probably a part of the more tobacco heavy batch then.  Why do you say spraying on paper is useless?  I mean, it will smell differently on your skin, but I think you can still get a good idea of what you're working with.  I was just expecting a more vanilla-scent with a hint of tobacco, this thing was straight tobacco
sick.gif
Yeah vanilla kicks in more later on
Alright, I'll head back tomorrow and try it out on my skin...

It was probably a part of the more tobacco heavy batch then.  Why do you say spraying on paper is useless?  I mean, it will smell differently on your skin, but I think you can still get a good idea of what you're working with.  I was just expecting a more vanilla-scent with a hint of tobacco, this thing was straight tobacco :x .
Even in the drydown you're gonna get a lot of tobacco. As far as the paper testing goes, I guess it depends.
Some scents are linear and you can tell basically what they'll be like just on paper. On the other hand some fragrances progress a good bit, but it's your body heat that makes the progression happen. So if it's just on paper you're only.getting the opening of the fragrance in some.cases. As far as I know at least

Last edited:
 I would say it would be a pretty safe blind buy. I was a bit skeptical myself hearing of notes of whiskey and berries but Pure Malt has gotten a ton of rave reviews on youtube, and those reviews are pretty deserving. If you have smelt the original angel men, PM definitely has the same DNA and the drydowns are very similar but I think PM is better in all stages. I've heard reviewers say that the best way to get the most work out of the fragrances is to combine them. I've also heard great things about Pure Havane. Will have to try that out.

I recieve some Macy's coupons in mail. Suggestions on a good cologne to pick up that can be worn anytime. Thanks

I recieve some Macy's coupons in mail. Suggestions on a good cologne to pick up that can be worn anytime. Thanks
ysl l'homme
chanel allure homme sport
bleu de chanel
versace pour homme

I'm not sure what else Macy's has, but I'm willing to bet you can find it online for cheaper

Have a 3.4 oz bottle of bleu de chanel and 2.5oz of TDH Parfum NIB I'm getting rid of. Several people around me wears it alot and I'm tired of smelling it

It was probably a part of the more tobacco heavy batch then.  Why do you say spraying on paper is useless?  I mean, it will smell differently on your skin, but I think you can still get a good idea of what you're working with.  I was just expecting a more vanilla-scent with a hint of tobacco, this thing was straight tobacco :x .

Alright, I'll head back tomorrow and try it out on my skin...

I wore tv today and you definitely get vanilla on the dry down. It last forever too. Sprayed it on this morning and I'm still smelling it.

Last edited:
Even in the drydown you're gonna get a lot of tobacco. As far as the paper testing goes, I guess it depends.
Some scents are linear and you can tell basically what they'll be like just on paper. On the other hand some fragrances progress a good bit, but it's your body heat that makes the progression happen. So if it's just on paper you're only.getting the opening of the fragrance in some.cases. As far as I know at least
Yeah just be prepared to have it on for a while, on my skin vanilla starts to kick in more after it's been on for more than 4-5hours
I wore tv today and you definitely get vanilla on the dry down. It last forever too. Sprayed it on this morning and I'm still smelling it.
Tried Tobacco Vanille on the skin today and I definitely smell more vanilla now, but NSJ was right, I'm getting a good amount of tobacco as well.

Came across Sublime Vanille by Creed and I'm really feeling it.  I hope we can get a split going of that.  Also, Rive D'Ambre by Tom Ford is
pimp.gif
.  My favorite Tom Ford at the moment.  I smelled New Haarlem and man that was straight maple syrup
sick.gif
.  I wasn't even gonna try it on the skin...

Last edited:
Tried Tobacco Vanille on the skin today and I definitely smell more vanilla now, but NSJ was right, I'm getting a good amount of tobacco as well.

Came across Sublime Vanille by Creed and I'm really feeling it.  I hope we can get a split going of that.  Also, Rive D'Ambre by Tom Ford is :pimp: .  My favorite Tom Ford at the moment.  I smelled New Haarlem and man that was straight maple syrup :x .  I wasn't even gonna try it on the skin...
I don't wanna say new haarlem is a love or hate fragrance. Though it seems people either absolutely love it, or they like it but would never want to smell like that.

^ You should try it on your skin. On skin I get a lot of the lavender notes along w/ the maple. God....it's amazing 
wink.gif

I don't wanna say new haarlem is a love or hate fragrance. Though it seems people either absolutely love it, or they like it but would never want to smell like that.
Yeah, I see your point.  It's like Tuscan Leather for me, I'd like to spray it in my car, but not on me.

^ You should try it on your skin. On skin I get a lot of the lavender notes along w/ the maple. God....it's amazing 
wink.gif
Maybe one day I will, but I'm telling you man, I can see myself getting headaches from smelling it for too long
laugh.gif

Yeah, I see your point.  It's like Tuscan Leather for me, I'd like to spray it in my car, but not on me.

Maybe one day I will, but I'm telling you man, I can see myself getting headaches from smelling it for too long :lol: ...
look at it this way, you can save a few bucks now :lol:

Back
Top Bottom