Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

Are the fruit smelling colognes for the summer time or is it purely based off strength and longevity ?
Normally fruit scents are for the spring, summer and fall.... but that depends on your skin chemistry. Sometimes I wear fruity scents during the winter depends what mood i'm in. I love uplifting juices....thats why I caved in and got me a 200ml bottle of grand neroli by atelier. That stuff is amazing.

Last edited:
View media item 906747Two sprays of this split this morning before work. This opens up with the truest lemon scent I've ever experienced, a little tart perhaps. The dry down is long and it gets a little woodsy vibe to it, not too sweet. I really like this a lot. I'm getting 10-12 hrs longevity. This frag is a powerhouse, so go easy on the trigger.

been a minute since i've been in here, but spring/summertime is upon us so i have to see what's good 
nerd.gif

If anyone is interested, I'm opened to trades. The prada is still sealed, its the Parfum Intense of Amber and the Dior is from 2006, silver collar silver stem vintage, cap no box, tester but has product number on it, Iris to the max

Last edited:
is there any other sites i can learn like cologne 101 or is it best to just look thru this thread?

YouTube
Basenotes
Fragrantica
This thread

What not to do; go out and buy everything that every joe smo said he get x amounts of compliments with.

What to do; start off with Macys, sephora, dept. Stores, High - end dept. stores.. don't mind pushy sales people just tell them you want to sniff stuff out. Keep note and write what you like down, the key is to try it in your skin, so this take multiple upon multiple trips.. take what you like and do research online.. read or watch reviews on the sites above and base your purchases off of you own nose, experience and skin chemistry with frags.

That's the short of it.

YouTube
Basenotes
Fragrantica
This thread

What not to do; go out and buy everything that every joe smo said he get x amounts of compliments with.

What to do; start off with Macys, sephora, dept. Stores, High - end dept. stores.. don't mind pushy sales people just tell them you want to sniff stuff out. Keep note and write what you like down, the key is to try it in your skin, so this take multiple upon multiple trips.. take what you like and do research online.. read or watch reviews on the sites above and base your purchases off of you own nose, experience and skin chemistry with frags.

That's the short of it.

Listen to this dude. I'd personally check out your local Nordstrom because they carry a decent selection of cologne. The one here in Austin has the plastic decanters out to make your own samples of what ever you with a buck of premade samples as well. It's a good way to pick up samples of some of your pricier fragrances to test out before buying. Dropping cash on stuff like the Bond line or Tom Ford Private Collection line is a no no without having sampled it on your own skin even if you have smelled it and enjoyed it.

I gave myself a liberal spraying of Virgin Island Water today.. I ******* love it :lol: I was skeptical at first because I wasn't a huge coconut fan, but it's grown on me a lot.

Maybe I need the heat to bring out some of the other scents, because I was indoors at work all day and I only really picked up on the lime and coconut.. but I'm not complaining because it was really good. Didn't get any compliments, but that's not important because I really liked it.

Wore Play Intense last night. Put it on at 5, went to work, came home, showered, and I STILL could smell it on my skin 8 hours later. This thing is a monster :lol: Big fan of it though, definitely an impulse buy but the recommendations in here were well worth it.

what do you wanna know?

ima noob so pretty basic stuff like whats this "skin chemistry" you guys keep referring too

YouTube
Basenotes
Fragrantica
This thread

That's the short of it.

yeah, i blindly bought the YSL pour homme joint but i HATEDDDDDDDD and I was dumb tight especially after hearing so many positive reviews about it. After that I started 2 check macy's, neiman marcus & nordstrom but when I'm in a store after like 2 or 3 diff bottle sprays I don't want to waste the sellers time any further, I just feel like a window shopper & I HATEEE that feeling even when i am buying stuff :wow:

Last edited:
ima noob so pretty basic stuff like whats this "skin chemistry" you guys keep referring too
yeah, i blindly bought the YSL pour homme joint but i HATEDDDDDDDD and I was dumb tight especially after hearing so many positive reviews about it. After that I started 2 check macy's, neiman marcus & nordstrom but when I'm in a store after like 2 or 3 diff bottle sprays I don't want to waste the sellers time any further, I just feel like a window shopper & I HATEEE that feeling even when i am buying stuff :wow:
Skin chemistry is just how the fragrance works on your skin. For instance some people might get tons of longevity from one fragrance, but others might get very poor longevity. Some notes might be really prominent on some people's skin while others may not get any of it at all.

I have thank everybody for the recent splits. My favorite out of the recent pick ups are the GIT and the L'Humaniste. I'm so mad I just dropped my 10 ml of GIT. Stuff smelled amazing. 

Finally got around to wearing Grand Neroli for the day. Right off the bat it opens up with that fruit loops vibe, nice and sweet. But that does not last long on my skin. After the initial blast of fruit loops, comes a nice clean fresh citrus. Its very pleasant and is the heart of this scent. Its not synthetic at all, very fresh and clean and natural. After that I get some soft sweet musk, which is nice because I am not a big fan of musk at all and I really enjoyed this dry down. The only downside to Grand Neroli is that it did not last very long on my skin unfortunately. Got about 4-5 hours of it and then it became a skin scent on me. If this was little bit stronger it would be awesome, but it is still a lot better than most of the citrus fragrances out there. For me this is a fragrance that I would throw on to lounge around the house or go out to chill with some friends. Very fresh and inoffensive that you could wear during the day. Will try it again when it gets warmer to see if preforms better.

I would probably give this a 7/10 because of the longevity. I was probably spoiled by the powerhouse that is Viva :lol:...but this is not a disappointing fragrance at all, just wish it lasted longer.

Tomorrow I'm going to try and wear Menthe Fraiche by Heeley and see how it goes.

it finally started getting nice here, upper 50s to low 60s. i've been using sel marin a lot and it's fantastic. i feel like this one is going to be beast during the hot summer days.

Sel Marin def smells like the ocean

If you want a cheap ocean salty scent then go with that Beckham Signature

Back
Top Bottom