Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

I gotta give a shoutout to @Baise tonCanape  , his splits are always packaged perfectly. Really awesome of you to throw in both of those samples as well. What's especially crazy is i'm a huge fan of the notes in both of them and I dunno how you could have known that haha. Terryfic Oud smells pretty good right out of the sample sprayer. I hadn't heard of Agar Musk but that **** looks pretty crazy too. 

Sprayed the l'humaniste on myself immediately. This is what I was trying to find for the summer. Something light with an almost effervescent quality.  Those types of fragrances tend to do well on my skin in general. I can already tell this will be a crowd pleaser. Sel Marin is more unique, but I could probably wear l'humaniste every day if I wanted.

Last edited:
So what's everyone's favorite fragrances from the splits so far? Anyone planning on buying certain bottles?

My favorites so far are:
- Herod, going to need a bottle come fall
-Viva, bottle next spring
-Grand Neroli, bottle next spring
- Sel Marin and ADGE, both bottles will be had
- Aventus, next time there is a sale I'm buying a falcon :lol:
- Wallstreet will definitely be bought soon as well. At least a decant for now

Going to need at least 1 or 2 more colder frags....leaning towards Pure Malt as one and then we'll see what else this thread comes up with :pimp:

Also looking forward to those new Creeds coming out and waiting on HTTP to come in. Need to try that STH :nerd: sounds really nice

Last edited:
Excited to try Herod, I'm expecting to love my DHI split.

Aventus is great but I don't think it responds well with my skin.
Green Irish Tweed and Virgin Island Water are absolutely my new go-tos for summer scents. Waiting on a really hot day to give Coney Island a fair shake.. and I like Riverside Drive a lot.

High hopes for http as well.

Yea that GIT might be my new go to as well for spring/summer. Going to have to get a bottle if I end up using my 10 ml before the summer is over :lol:. Everybody waiting to try Herod you will not be disappointed.

Good Morning Nt'ers!!!
New Splits:

********* Atelier Cologne Vetiver Fatal *********
View media item 913183
This is a great fragrance fellas! Don't miss out on this....The plum note in this is crazy. Must try! For those that tried Grand Neroli from @Baise tonCanape this is just as good! Especially for the spring and summer.

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Atelier-Cologne/Vetiver-Fatal-16012.html

Youtube Review:

Pricing:
10ml- 20
20ml- 39
30ml- 58

********* Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa *********
View media item 913185
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Acqua-di-Parma/Colonia-Intensa-1684.html

Another great scent for the spring and summer! Noses behind this is Alberto Morillas and Francois Demachy, 2 of the best noses in the game.....Hands down!

Pricing:
10ml- 17
20ml- 32
30ml- 48

Can't forget about the Bargain shoppers!!

********* YSL L' Homme Libre *********
View media item 913192
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Yves-Saint-Laurent/L-Homme-Libre-12602.html

Pricing:
10ml- 9
20ml- 17
30ml- 25

********* Mont Blanc Legend *********
View media item 913193
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Mont-Blanc/Legend-11784.html

Pricing:
10ml- 11
20ml- 21
30ml- 30

All orders that come in this weekend, will go out 1st thing Monday. As you guys know, shipping will be extra fast. Any ?'s feel free to pm me.

Last edited:
This thread is the best thing ever man..., getting to try all these fragrances and at a decent price!

:nthat: an example of NT at its finest!

Last edited:
Just sampled this TF Oud Wood...wow
I had the exact same first impression, after wearing it 2-3 times I don't know if I'd buy a full bottle. It seems like it becomes more intense over time and it's kind of unpredictable (at least on me).

As for my favourite split this year... Frapin's l'humaniste mannnnnnnn. I'm going to have to compared it a lot to l'homme because they have similar qualitys (citrus opening with ginger and an effervescent quality). But basically my only criticism of the fragrance is that it doesn't last the whole day (again much like l'homme). L'homme has way more ginger in it, and this is more citrus but they are pretty similar in my book.

That's really the only thing it does wrong though. It smells like summer in a bottle to me, more than anything else I've bought or sampled this year. Especially since I don't live near the beach I don't nesscesarily associate summer with salty sea air, so this is a good option for when you're not feeling something like MI.

To deal with the longevity issues I'm just going to use my split as a travel atomizer and buy a FB for home. 

Also really happy I got a split of TV and not a full bottle, that's definitely something I'm really happy with but couldn't imagine owning 50ml of. Most stuff I like I usually just buy the bottle though, because I like to have it.

Other split thoughts - 

sel marin - amazing, better than MI to me and has good longevity all things considered

noir de noir - had a 4ml sample, got in on a 10 ml so good I bought a fb. I felt good about this purchase because I tested that **** extensively. Still don't wear it that much but you know when it's time. 

pure havane - so good I bought a fb 

Green Irish tweed - had a creed carded sample and 9ml I got from a guy who didn't like it, I didn't like it either, gave it away. I can't even put my finger on what I don't like about it, I just know I;m not spraying it again to find out. Not offensive but DEFINITELY not me. Not a scrubber like VIW ( I hate coconut, nothing against VIW), but not something i enjoyed the whole wear.

Dior Homme Intense (silver collar) - Too powdery for me. Smells good on other people for sure.

I have sampled a lot of fragrances, but I usually only get in on splits if I can't sample them here in Toronto due to higher shipping, so I don't have too many split reviews.

I also definitely think some of you guys looking for 1-2 more winter scents should sample tuscan leather if you like a raspberry/leather combo. 

Last edited:
Creed royal oud is my favorite. Still plenty more to try though....My search still continues for the best raw oud.

Thanks Lamont for that write up.. l'humaniste is amazing but a travel decant is always needed.

Unique good luck with that.. I would say try Mona di Orio Oud or MFK Oud, but both of those are pricey and and MdO smells like pickle juice to me.

I'm on quest to find the perfect 10/15 frags.. nothing short of masterpieces and everything outside of that select # don't matter.. I'm half way there and just added another to the list this week Naomi Goodsir Cuir Velours, it's literally the DHI of leather based frags. I could wear it day/night everyday.

Wearing Profumum Acqua e Zucherro, this may be on the next split.. friggin' amzing gourmand.

Awesome.. I figured it would come in on Monday.. just checked and it was there :pimp:

Bout to spray it on and head to work.

I had the exact same first impression, after wearing it 2-3 times I don't know if I'd buy a full bottle. It seems like it becomes more intense over time and it's kind of unpredictable (at least on me).

As for my favourite split this year... Frapin's l'humaniste mannnnnnnn. I'm going to have to compared it a lot to l'homme because they have similar qualitys (citrus opening with ginger and an effervescent quality). But basically my only criticism of the fragrance is that it doesn't last the whole day (again much like l'homme). L'homme has way more ginger in it, and this is more citrus but they are pretty similar in my book.

That's really the only thing it does wrong though. It smells like summer in a bottle to me, more than anything else I've bought or sampled this year. Especially since I don't live near the beach I don't nesscesarily associate summer with salty sea air, so this is a good option for when you're not feeling something like MI.

To deal with the longevity issues I'm just going to use my split as a travel atomizer and buy a FB for home. 

Also really happy I got a split of TV and not a full bottle, that's definitely something I'm really happy with but couldn't imagine owning 50ml of. Most stuff I like I usually just buy the bottle though, because I like to have it.

Other split thoughts - 
sel marin - amazing, better than MI to me and has good longevity all things considered
noir de noir - had a 4ml sample, got in on a 10 ml so good I bought a fb. I felt good about this purchase because I tested that **** extensively. Still don't wear it that much but you know when it's time. 
pure havane - so good I bought a fb 
Green Irish tweed - had a creed carded sample and 9ml I got from a guy who didn't like it, I didn't like it either, gave it away. I can't even put my finger on what I don't like about it, I just know I;m not spraying it again to find out. Not offensive but DEFINITELY not me. Not a scrubber like VIW ( I hate coconut, nothing against VIW), but not something i enjoyed the whole wear.
Dior Homme Intense (silver collar) - Too powdery for me. Smells good on other people for sure.

I have sampled a lot of fragrances, but I usually only get in on splits if I can't sample them here in Toronto due to higher shipping, so I don't have too many split reviews.

I also definitely think some of you guys looking for 1-2 more winter scents should sample tuscan leather if you like a raspberry/leather combo. 

It definitely got stronger later on, but im a fan of it. Just gotta be easy with the sprays.

Thanks Lamont for that write up.. l'humaniste is amazing but a travel decant is always needed.

for sure. It's getting to the point where for certain summer scents I don't even factor longevity in because it's generally easy to reapply, and you really don't even mind if the opening notes are especially good.

I showed a friend of mine (whos favourites on me are tuscan leather and l'homme) the l'humaniste. She ended up preferring the Frapin over the YSL. Definitely worth the extra $ from my perspective. I also want to sample 1270.

Last edited:
@NSJ....Wow!! That http is really good but better than Aventus idk. Gotta check the longevity now. Right now Aventus is winning but http is slightly behind. Btw Thanx for the rec. @stillin.

No problem man

HTTP is my second fav behind Aventus

That type of scent with woody mixed with fruit are my favs generally

Haven't bought a good cologne in about 6 months.

Name me some of the best ones right now.

My taste is more along the lines of Prada Luna Rosa, any YSL, Mont Blanc, Chanel Bleu. 

this spring is killing my nose with my allergies.  can't smell nothing.  finally used my http sample from bond and cant smell crap.  

Went to nordstroms and was given a few samples to give a try. I got a ysl cologne to try I think It is there og fragrance ( I say this bc they made it for me and no label was placed)

But last i get i wore cartier roadster Nd fell in love. Any suggestions or splits available for other woody scents good for nights in the spring I shud consider?

Back
Top Bottom