Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

Unleashed Pure Malt for the first time since March... I forgot how much i love tho scent... Sitting around with a glass of Eagle Rare and I can pick up some similarities but Pure Malt is quite a bit sweeter... I liked Pure Wood and Pure Havane, but Pure Malt just does it for me... Almost done with my 10ml, may have to grab a bottle unless someone splits again.

I can do a 1 ml sample..

Chair grinders :smokin chick is a whale tho so im good.

I was still at work after a good 7 hours and as usual it seemed like black afgano kept getting stronger.. like 2 sprays dont bother me for the intial 3 hours or so, but then it just becomes too much because it never dies down like other colognes until ariund 12 hours in.

Pm'd Extrait de Minimalisme Extrait de Minimalisme

Last edited:
it's funny for people who don't like colognes or know; that is why crap like Gucci Guilty is so popular

most of my friends just roll into Marshall's and blind buy junk based off the designer

I know dudes that do this all the time. They blind buy fragrances based on designer :rolleyes

I think the dry down in Pure Malt is what stands above Pure Havanne. However I like the opening in PH . IMHO they are very close, I had to buy both.
I don't think Pure Wood is anywhere close to these two. I might have to revisit PW. I remember when I first smelled it I had high expectations and felt a little disappointed.

Pure Wood is solid.

I'm not reaching for it over Pure Malt or Havane.. but it's a nice scent regardless.

So I tried aventus for work. Two sprays on the neck. Had a headache the whole day. Any of you experience this?

Last edited:
keep buying more and more things to split....which leads to me needing more supplies.....which leads to needing more things to split
it's a vicious cycle

Panties be looking like yambs in a strainer once DHI hits them nostrils.. :nthat:
If this doesn't really happen, I'm sending that split back :tongue:

All lhomme and la nuit has been shipped
Still have a 50ml la nuit $28
can't wait till they come in :smokin

Pure malt is better than havanne and wood. Hands down imo

I'm kind of with you on that
Pure Malt is amazing, I love how it smells, specially when it dries down. I should have brought it out last night since it finally hit 61 degrees here.

Anybody smell Parfums de Marly Godolphin yet? I'm hearing that it is to Tuscan Leather as Herod is to Tobacco Vanille.

Last edited:
Anybody smell Parfums de Marly Godolphin yet? I'm hearing that it is to Tuscan Leather as Herod is to Tobacco Vanille.

:wow: haven't tried it but if so I've got to get my nose on it. I already like Tuscan leather as is. Didn't they start getting parfums de marly in nordstroms recently?

I think fragrancenet already had Parfums de Marly a while back. . A bottle was still $240+ tho.

Godolphin is very similar to tuscan leather, its more tame.. I sent out some samples in prior splits. Never heard back about it tho. Lol

A lot of people also don't pick up on the various notes in a fragrance... so I'll hear things like "You smell like you just showered"... which I'll take over "you smell bad" :lol:

It was officially "cold" in FL tonight. Highs in the 50s and dipping down to the low 40s tonight so I was excited to try one of my colder weather scents.

Went with Five O'Clock Au Gingembre

What else are you planning to wear? The frags I have are mostly for summer time. Thinking about copping Encre Noire Lalique.

Trying to think of what notes I want to go for.

Last edited:
I could have sworn you were selling all of your decants a while back.
I was going to, but it made more sense to just go ahead and keep splitting. After the decants I have now are gone, then i'm done. I really don't have all that many left. Maybe around 70 10ml decants and 20some 30ml bottles

Back
Top Bottom