Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

Not sure about this bal d afrique.
Its a bit too feminine for my taste. I was going to give it to the wife but she said it's too masculine for her.
First time it was split I ended uo giving my decant to my gf at that time, she loved it. Definitely a nice smell just not something I can pull off

Not sure about this bal d afrique.
Its a bit too feminine for my taste. I was going to give it to the wife but she said it's too masculine for her.

I felt the same way the first time I tried it, one of the notes remind me of a scent my co worker use to wear... Second time around I use some .01 and it was like night and day, I didn't notice that feminine note at all.

If anyone is interested in a 20ml decant of millesime imperial

or a decant lot consisting of:

Creed aventus - 4ml

ea 1-2 sprays short of 5ml:
Versace Man Eau Fraiche
Scentstory 24 gold
Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche
YSL La Nuit

Pure Malt - approx 7 ML

Thierry Mugler Ultra Zest - approx 3 ml

Bond 9 New Haarlem - approx 3-4ml

shoot me a pm

Last edited:
Out of all the colognes I bought from the thread and my own collection, I get complimented on cool water the most [emoji]128515[/emoji]

I'll take one of each 
laugh.gif

Those notes are right up my alley and I LOVED the Au Gingembre so I'm curious to try more from Serge Lutens

Yeah it smells good. The bottle is sick too :lol:

I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a factor.

Last edited:
My 1 Million bottle broke, the gold plate fell off and the spray top broke, I have to press and dab it on now which ive heard isnt the same.

On the real though, ive gotten tons of compliments on this $10 Zara Limited cologne I just grabbed as a beater. Doesnt last long at all but the ladies love it.

Last edited:
I hate 1 Million :x

if you go designer look at something from Chanel, much better quality

Chanel Bleu will do the trick

That Bal d'Afrique is the business. Immediately noticed the quality of the juice. Yes, it's a bit fruity and floral but a dude can pull it off just fine imo.

Finally got my Bal d'Afrique over the weekend and I am really liking it. This is a lighter, fresher, toned down Vetiver Fatal. I can wear BDA unlike Fatal because it was just too strong. I think the plum note in Fatal was too sweet and overwhelming but this is just right. Nice and light but you know its there. Great spring/summer scent

I own Aventus, Reflection Man, Royal Oud and many other very expensive fragrances but Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme is by far the most complimented scent I own. I would literally go to work with a custom made shirt and Italian tie on, fresh cut with the 360's spinning with my expensive fragrance on and get one or two "you smell nice" or "I like your scent" by people I actually know. Then there's times when I just have on a $10 v-neck tee, in major need of a haircut cuz my waves are turning to a wavy mini fro wearing CAHSEE while at the grocery store picking up a few items getting stopped by the majority of strangers I pass with "Oh my gosh you smell great!" and "I love what you have on!"

I guess that goes to show that overly expensive + excellent quality cologne doesn't necessarily = lots of compliments. Though I still wear my pricey cologne for myself and get compliments occasionally. People outside of the fragrance community typically won't know how much a fragrance cost or if it's very high quality so I just wear what I think smells good. Midnight in Paris EDP & YSL L'homme are also cheapies I love wearing that garners lots of compliments.

Is there a list of some good affordable scents that kill it.

I really just rock cool water and ysl nuit. Tempted to drop a little more on some of these scents but 200+ canadian$ is hectic right now.

I'm in on Chergui. Heard good things about it.

On another note, I bought Burberry London for Men from the Target website and I think it's a fake. Longevity is wack on it. Smells good but I don't know what it should smell like anyways. Oh well...

Would anyone be interested in going (somewhat) halfsies on a 2.5oz virgin island water tester bottle with me? You can either have a 30ml decant or 45ml and the og bottle. PM if interested

NSJ, how's the Vanille now that you have it in hand?

I'm always a bit hesitant on frags that are technically just "women's".

I never liked 1 Million, but it was well received. Gave it away a while back though.

Allure Blanche been the go to so far this summer.

Back
Top Bottom