Official NT Cologne Thread: Current Splits *check most current page* HTTP is an online exclusive by

My honest opinion for a winter cologne is aventus. So damn versatile. But you probably don't want that answer.

Pure malt, pure Havana, Dior homme, new Haarlem, Burberry London are some of the winter colognes that get regular mentions in herr

Both are good for summer

Eros is terrible

good lookin on both these, will be on the lookout for them

My honest opinion for a winter cologne is aventus. So damn versatile. But you probably don't want that answer.

Pure malt, pure Havana, Dior homme, new Haarlem, Burberry London are some of the winter colognes that get regular mentions in herr

Aventus from what I've been reading seems like something to try, I can see why you said I probably don't want that considering its price tag ha. I might save for it if it's really worth it. Definitely will have to cop full price, aint tryin to get no knockoff/bad stuff.

I'll check out those others though thx

When my wife and I were dating she read a bunch of stuff I wrote on NT and wasn't too pleased.
I get what your saying. It's the biggest open mouth insert foot moment when your online "persona" and real life clash.

It's not that you are fake online, but we're joshing with friends and this forum is 99.9% male so we say things that we wouldn't dare say foreal.

I told her at the end of the day you are dating Alex, not blackngold1z.
Hope things work out for you.

When my wife and I were dating she read a bunch of stuff I wrote on NT and wasn't too pleased.
I get what your saying. It's the biggest open mouth insert foot moment when your online "persona" and real life clash.

It's not that you are fake online, but we're joshing with friends and this forum is 99.9% male so we say things that we wouldn't dare say foreal.

I told her at the end of the day you are dating Alex, not blackngold1z.
Hope things work out for you.

Exactly

I'm just like I am in real life here but it's like I'm talking to a bunch of my buddies at a bar not my family or significant other

I had a summer love once and she had to leave back to San Diego, totally sucked but one hell of an awesome summer

I def feel hard for the Cali chick in Philly for a few months lol

Pretty wild story...

I worked at a pizza shop in Philly and she came in and I blew it by not getting her # and it was obvious it was mutual, a week later I was on a bus in Ocean City, MD and she randomly got on and she was like "it's you from the pizza shop!"
That summer romance
pimp.gif
mean.gif
.  I hate growing up
laugh.gif

All of these are good money.

Was just in NM and actually smelled Aventus for the first time and liked it.  I also tried the Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille and Tuscan Leather, the Tobacco Vanille was amazing to me.

I don't know too much about when to wear what, but is the Tobacco Vanille a cold weather scent?

Last edited:
Was just in NM and actually smelled Aventus for the first time and liked it.  I also tried the Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille and Tuscan Leather, the Tobacco Vanille was amazing to me.

I don't know too much about when to wear what, but is the Tobacco Vanille a cold weather scent?

No doubt a cold weather scent

This thread is making me soend too much money on cologne.... I think my vacation money might be down a little but a still got a year to save more so im good I guess :pimp:

would you guys call CHANEL PLATINUM ÉGOÏSTE a summer or a winter scent?

and could i get a list of about 3-5 good scents for each season?

more of a warm weather scent
is there a price range for the ones you want us to list?

no real price range.. you can give me 3-5 moderately priced ones for each season and 3-5 that are on the expensive side.. and any other u feel should be in a good collection

Cold weather: Aventus, Burberry London, Pure Malt, Dior Homme

Warm weather: Aventus, Clinique Happy, Issey Miyake Summer 2012, John Varvatos Artisan

2 questions... what is so good about aventus.. real question i wana know who can explain it.. and why can it be worn all year round?

Last edited:
2 question... what is so good about aventus.. real question i wana know who can explain it.. and why can it be worn all year round?

Aventus is about as unique a cologne you will find and it's projection and longevity is the best in the business

Some scents just aren't made for winter because the cold weather overshadows them, you want something for that weather

Think of it like you wouldn't open the windows in the winter, you'd start a fire...kind of make sense?

2 questions... what is so good about aventus.. real question i wana know who can explain it.. and why can it be worn all year round?

Its definitely unlike anything out there, I'll give it that
it has elements that make it good for warm weather like the sweet, fruity pineapple
and then it also has elements that are great for cooler weather like the smokiness and leather
no one note is overpowering and thats why it's good all year round
you wont choke anyone out in the summer and it will still be strong enough to last in the winter

Back
Top Bottom