Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

I been married 2 years and she's been pregnant all but 6 months.

We fertile as hell and I don't want anymore kid but I think my wife wants a girl because we got 2 boys.

I'm removing that option off the table
We damn near in the same boat. Been married 2 years with a soon to be 3 year old and a 1 year old with a 11 year old. I want another boy but she's been consistently telling people we done.

I def wouldn't suggest getting it done without telling her, that's a major problem
Not exactly. You go in after a certain amount of time and certain number of ejaculations to have your semen tested for the presence of sperm. After you get the "all clear" you are free to bust at will. Yes, there are cases where the vas has repaired itself and caused pregnancy, but chances are slim. I actually met a guy whose wife got pregnant a year after his procedure and he almost divorced her because he figured she had been unfaithful. He did genetic testing and Maury declared he was indeed the father.
That's kinda scary man

Nice. On day 5 of recovery. Starting to feel normal again. Back to work tomorrow.

Damb thats a long time, i was good to go after like a day. Procedure was like 20 or 30 mins all in, drove home after. Slight tenderness after but nothing bad.

Damb thats a long time, i was good to go after like a day. Procedure was like 20 or 30 mins all in, drove home after. Slight tenderness after but nothing bad.
It hasn't been bad, but all i read up on was that people were too quick to get back to doing their normal thing, and not taking the time to rest and recover, leading to issues down the road. Everyone recovers differently, and i just wanted to make sure i only went through it once and had no issues. Plus, it gave me a few days off from doing things at home too haha.

baby girl will be 5 months on Friday, time is flying 
frown.gif

Docs are doing blood work on our son before discharging us. He was born with a different blood type than his mom so he might have jaundice. If the number that results is higher than normal then we may have to leave him here for a day or 2 for light therapy treatment :frown: my wife told me she's not leaving with out him

Anyone's kids have experience with jaundice?

Docs are doing blood work on our son before discharging us. He was born with a different blood type than his mom so he might have jaundice. If the number that results is higher than normal then we may have to leave him here for a day or 2 for light therapy treatment
frown.gif
my wife told me she's not leaving with out him

My daughter had jaundice and had to be put under light therapy for a day. Her symptoms went away after a couple of weeks.

Stay strong brother, you and your fam will be home soon enough.

Docs are doing blood work on our son before discharging us. He was born with a different blood type than his mom so he might have jaundice. If the number that results is higher than normal then we may have to leave him here for a day or 2 for light therapy treatment :frown: my wife told me she's not leaving with out him

My daughter had it and they put her under the light for a day and we were discharged. It was the saddest thing seeing her there in the "tanning bed" with her eyes covered and not be able to hold her much, but it was over relatively quick and knowing it's nothing serious compared to all of the other things that could have happened. Stay strong bro.

We had to go to Kaiser like 3-4 times for bloodwork I. jaundice.
We had him laying with me in the living room with all our blinds opened so he could get as much natural light as possible. That helped a ton

Didn't need the Billie blanket for our case

Best of luck, hang in there !

Docs told us his test results were below what they would consider keeping him in for :pimp: so he's going home

Thanks for the positive thoughts guys

On a side note, for my SF/ Bay Area people, UCSF mission bay is absolutely great! Love the way they handled the pregnancy and labor/delivery

Yeah sunlight is really important believe it or not when theyre small like that, i had no idea till the doctor pointed it out lol smh

Son got caught yesterday flaunting his birthday money at school and got in trouble. Had about $92 dollars on him balled up in this lil pouch he calls his wallet. Explained to him that cluing people in on how much money you have is a quick way to get ya wig split.

guess the teacher told him he needs to put the money in the bank cause he asked me before he told me he got in trouble that he wanted to open an account. I haven't done any kid account research in a while so I don't know which bank to even consider for an account for him but in the mean time I've decided to divvy out his own money to him $5 a week unless there's a specific reason he needs all of his money.

I've started a lil transaction history so we all can see what's what with his money and it's in my wife's clothes drawer for the moment.

Anybody already have a bank account for their kids (age 10+ preferably)?

Now that I think about it I may make him a PayPayl account and attach one of our checking accounts so we can get him a PP debit card. No monthly fee and he can get his name on the card lol

Son got caught yesterday flaunting his birthday money at school and got in trouble. Had about $92 dollars on him balled up in this lil pouch he calls his wallet. Explained to him that cluing people in on how much money you have is a quick way to get ya wig split.

guess the teacher told him he needs to put the money in the bank cause he asked me before he told me he got in trouble that he wanted to open an account. I haven't done any kid account research in a while so I don't know which bank to even consider for an account for him but in the mean time I've decided to divvy out his own money to him $5 a week unless there's a specific reason he needs all of his money.

I've started a lil transaction history so we all can see what's what with his money and it's in my wife's clothes drawer for the moment.

Anybody already have a bank account for their kids (age 10+ preferably)?
I assume you mean checking account?  I set up savings accounts for both of my kids as soon as they got social security numbers, but won't bother with checking accounts until they have jobs and are able to make their own spending decisions.  Many banks have specific accounts for children that either have low or no fees.  It's not hard to do, you just have to talk with a banker wherever you keep your cash and hopefully they can give you some good options.

Now that I think about it I may make him a PayPayl account and attach one of our checking accounts so we can get him a PP debit card. No monthly fee and he can get his name on the card lol
That seems a bit dangerous unless you really trust him with your money or they allow you to set certain spending limits.  Would you hand him a large sum of money (ie: whever you keep in your checking account) and expect him to spend wisely?

I assume you mean checking account?  I set up savings accounts for both of my kids as soon as they got social security numbers, but won't bother with checking accounts until they have jobs and are able to make their own spending decisions.  Many banks have specific accounts for children that either have low or no fees.  It's not hard to do, you just have to talk with a banker wherever you keep your cash and hopefully they can give you some good options.
Yea, checking accounts specifically. I didn't think it would be worthwhile either mainly because the majority I saw only offer ATM cards that can't be used as a debit

That seems a bit dangerous unless you really trust him with your money or they allow you to set certain spending limits.  Would you hand him a large sum of money (ie: whever you keep in your checking account) and expect him to spend wisely?
PP does offer some control but I will def double check on that, thanks

What shoe size is she?

I went in at the Nike employee store the other day. I copped too much. most people told me the kid isn't even going to need shoes like that
laugh.gif
shes a 1, these polo slip ons are 1 but more like 1.5 i would say, they ran big, shes already out grown her new balances 
frown.gif

Just bought my daughter the new craze toy, they're called "Fidget Spinner" lol she was so excited about it.
Seen a few kids walking home from school with one. I told her if she did good in her next test she could get one. She ended up doing good lol

Just bought my daughter the new craze toy, they're called "Fidget Spinner" lol she was so excited about it.
Seen a few kids walking home from school with one. I told her if she did good in her next test she could get one. She ended up doing good lol
my 4 year old starts pre k later this year.

I was wondering if yall knew any sites for her to go learn to kind of get her a head start?

I found abcmouse.com but was wondering if yall knew anything else, maybe better?
fellas school me on this...i heard this is real. anybody lady go through this after the baby came?
as men this is/was diffic can't this is the new craze, my daughter got on and knocked out one of circular things. Lucked up finding it on her school bus the next day. These toys were meant for kids with adhd

Back
Top Bottom