Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Now that we're having a girl, like I have no idea what to do, it doesn't compute. To you dudes that have daughters, how do you adjust to having a daughter?
First of all, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your son, but it sounds like you guys did the only thing that made sense to try and save your wife and son.  I had a son first, daughter second and there's really no "adjustment" when they're little... just knowing that you gotta wipe toward the back with a girl.  Other than that they are just babies.  I'm not going to pretend like I've got it figured out, but know that as my daughter gets older my wife will be the one who can relate better than me.  My bond with her will be different and I'll just do my best to show her how a real man should act and set the stage for her future relationships.

First of all, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your son, but it sounds like you guys did the only thing that made sense to try and save your wife and son.  I had a son first, daughter second and there's really no "adjustment" when they're little... just knowing that you gotta wipe toward the back with a girl.  Other than that they are just babies.  I'm not going to pretend like I've got it figured out, but know that as my daughter gets older my wife will be the one who can relate better than me.  My bond with her will be different and I'll just do my best to show her how a real man should act and set the stage for her future relationships.
I appreciate that bruv.

I tell myself that too, hoping she had the "daddy could do no wrong" mindset when she's little but will know that her mom is going to be the one to show her how to be a woman and I can do my best to show her what a man should be.

Now that we're having a girl, like I have no idea what to do, it doesn't compute. To you dudes that have daughters, how do you adjust to having a daughter?

I'm sorry you and your wife had to go through that too dude. No parent should ever have to bury their child. You and the wifey stay up and better days are ahead.You will see your lil man again.

As for your upcoming baby girl, you'll do just fine. as soon as she arrives, she'll have your heart dude - she'll be your princess. that's how it was with me. I was nervous too, but learned (and am still learning) how to raise a girl.

all babies are the same, support the neck when you carry, feed every two hours... etc. etc.

When she's older, you have to remember to be gentle with her. not to always yell like you would a boy, and treat her and your wife with respect.you're the first man she'll ever love and the way you treat the both of them will shape your future son-in-law. my daughter is 4 now and she picks up on things that i don't even know that i do. hope this helps - i'm typing at work ATM.... LOL

but overall, just enjoy it man- being a dad is freakin awesome....

edit: dang i took too long typing- dude above me said what i was saying.... LOL

Last edited:
I'm sorry you and your wife had to go through that too dude. No parent should ever have to bury their child. You and the wifey stay up and better days are ahead.You will see your lil man again.

As for your upcoming baby girl, you'll do just fine. as soon as she arrives, she'll have your heart dude - she'll be your princess. that's how it was with me. I was nervous too, but learned (and am still learning) how to raise a girl.

all babies are the same, support the neck when you carry, feed every two hours... etc. etc.

When she's older, you have to remember to be gentle with her. not to always yell like you would a boy, and treat her and your wife with respect.you're the first man she'll ever love and the way you treat the both of them will shape your future son-in-law. my daughter is 4 now and she picks up on things that i don't even know that i do. hope this helps - i'm typing at work ATM.... LOL

but overall, just enjoy it man- being a dad is freakin awesome....

edit: dang i took too long typing- dude above me said what i was saying.... LOL
Good looking out dude. You had me until you said son-in-law.

What size shoe are your little ones and how old are they?
My daughter just turned 9 and she wears a size 2.
I feel like the shoe is too big for her but she said it fits perfect lol

^^my girl growing so fast i always forget :lol:

captaintuxable captaintuxable

Sorry you and youre wife had to go through that, like mentioned, no parent should have to go through with that |I

Youll be fine man. I was the EXACT same way as you, freaking out cause i was having a daughter. Today shes 4 and man, what a character.

Were also due in july as well, with another girl.

see you at the finishline fam :pimp:

Last edited:
Heading to So Cal on Sunday with the family. Hitting the San Diego Zoo on Monday and Disneyland Tuesday through Thursday. We are driving down from Nor Cal, so that should be interesting. Scheduled stops every 2 hours, some movies, and activities for the kids should keep them entertained. 

Anyone done an 8 hour car trip before? Tips?

Heading to So Cal on Sunday with the family. Hitting the San Diego Zoo on Monday and Disneyland Tuesday through Thursday. We are driving down from Nor Cal, so that should be interesting. Scheduled stops every 2 hours, some movies, and activities for the kids should keep them entertained. 

Anyone done an 8 hour car trip before? Tips?

I've done it. I let the lady chill in the back most of the time with the baby, and I'm sure that kept them calm. Make sure you have the Sesame Street/Elmo music ready. You don't know when you'll need it... :lol:

It seems like you got everything covered.

Were doing the exact same thing, but leaving Sunday. We go to Disneyland about 5 or 6 times a year down ca99 to the 5. We usually gas up once at home, top off at the cheap spot off herndon, and that gets us to Anaheim. There is another cheap spot for gas in Anaheim we hit before heading home. I'd say leave super early so the kids sleep most of the way, we usually hit the road at 4, they sleep halfway through the trip till about 8 or 9. Be ready for that la traffic, that 8 hour drive can get bumped up to 9 or 10 down to SD real quick. And hit up Tejon outlets for a bathroom break/leg stretch/outlet updates.

And safe travels family! I'll be the dude rocking some assorted 998's with crazy long hair! Oh wait, we're going the week after next. It should be slower than usual, enjoy!

Last edited:
How did this trip go?

I want to hit Asia next year.
our trip when he was that young was a breeze. we used a tula baby carrier and he sat on our laps for meals.

we went again recently when he turned 4 and tried using a carrier but he's way too big for that nonsense so i bought a cheap stroller there. it's harder to navigate with the stroller and i just said eff it and took him up and down the escalators while he was still strapped in. he had a blast though. we all did.

Any of yall have a bike with one of those carriage things where your kid sits in it and you just tow his lil ***?

I want to get a bike and one if those for the weekends.

so in jan
jan 3rd to be exact
my daughter was born
she wasn't due till April :smh:
she spent exactly 91 days in the NICU (newborn icu)
One of the scariest things to happen to me my whole life
to see a 24 1/2 week baby come out(c section)
i was scared as hell
she looked really like an alien
her skin was almost see through
she had tubes down her throat
i shed tears man
april 4th she came home
View media item 2435669View media item 2435670View media item 2435671View media item 2435672

so in jan
jan 3rd to be exact
my daughter was born
she wasn't due till April :smh:
i was scared as hell
i shed tears man
april 4th she came home
View media item 2435669View media item 2435670View media item 2435671View media item 2435672

She looks great!!! Our baby boy is due November 4th and I can't freaking wait to meet him

so in jan
jan 3rd to be exact
my daughter was born
she wasn't due till April
mean.gif

i was scared as hell
i shed tears man
april 4th she came home

whoa, thats a real blessing there, congrats!

Back
Top Bottom