Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

so in jan
jan 3rd to be exact
my daughter was born
she wasn't due till April
mean.gif

she spent exactly 91 days in the NICU (newborn icu)
One of the scariest things to happen to me my whole life
to see a 24 1/2 week baby come out(c section)
i was scared as hell
she looked really like an alien
her skin was almost see through
she had tubes down her throat
i shed tears man
april 4th she came home
Glad she's home safe with you now!!!

thanks guys
man
those were some hard days and nights
every day going to the hospital
she ended up catching pneumonia while in there
i was worried as hell
but the staff really helped me get through it
of course my fiancé as well
she was so nervous and going through it HARD
it brought us even closer than we already were

Glad everything worked out @nawghtyhare

My wife is 22 weeks i can't imagine something like this :frown: .

Glad everything worked out @nawghtyhare

My wife is 22 weeks i can't imagine something like this :frown: .
congrats man
still remember that day
we took our 9 and 10 year old to see that cartoon movie sing
then went to at pizza
then all night she was complaining about her stomach hurting
and her back hurting
turns out those were contractions
then there was blood when she wiped

Last edited:
Congrats Nawghty...when my wife was pregnant, I kept counting down the weeks and felt a little relieved when each week went by knowing that worst case the baby would have a better chance to survive. Glad to see she is home.

Congrats Nawghty...when my wife was pregnant, I kept counting down the weeks and felt a little relieved when each week went by knowing that worst case the baby would have a better chance to survive. Glad to see she is home.

Congrats nawghtyhare.

Glad your daughter was finally able to come home.
appreciate it
im chilling right now watching the tnt nab post show
with her chilling on my arm
i feel like the luckiest dude right now

im in my mid twenties with no kids. 

some days i feel like a sucker for not having a kid early

and want to slay the first thing in sight to get pregnant

other days im like nahhh im good. 

Congrats to all ya though  
nthat.gif

Was at the ICU for a uncle who's about to pass. Took me awhile to go there. Hate hospitals. Only place I find peaceful is the maternity ward. Where life starts. Hate goin where it ends.
so in jan
jan 3rd to be exact
my daughter was born
she wasn't due till April :smh:
she spent exactly 91 days in the NICU (newborn icu)
One of the scariest things to happen to me my whole life
to see a 24 1/2 week baby come out(c section)
i was scared as hell
she looked really like an alien
her skin was almost see through
she had tubes down her throat
i shed tears man
april 4th she came home
View media item 2435669View media item 2435670View media item 2435671View media item 2435672
Haven't seen this SN in a min :lol:
Good to see your lil one make it. Bless up.

Heading to So Cal on Sunday with the family. Hitting the San Diego Zoo on Monday and Disneyland Tuesday through Thursday. We are driving down from Nor Cal, so that should be interesting. Scheduled stops every 2 hours, some movies, and activities for the kids should keep them entertained. 

Anyone done an 8 hour car trip before? Tips?

Yeah I did all the time. Then we just say F' it and just flew.

I live in San Jose and we go to Disneyland all the time. Kids will sleep in the car no problem. (I have a 1 & 3 year old.) we've been taking trips ever since my oldest was 10 months.

My daughter would wild out when we would hit traffic and she felt the car stopped. Everytime we stopped to get gas, we would have to change diapers and feed so every stop was an hour long. We got a brand new Toyota Sienna so it made the ride easy AF, really convenient.

We stopped driving and just started flying. With tickets as low as $59 one way and my youngest is still free, why not. Plus I'm just over driving at night anymore too many stories of families driving down worry me now. I get so tired chasing these two around Disneyland I don't want to be worn out by the time it's time to drive.

Just plan accordingly, leave as early as you can so the kids can be asleep by the time you reach LA.

Yeah I did all the time. Then we just say F' it and just flew.

I live in San Jose and we go to Disneyland all the time. Kids will sleep in the car no problem. (I have a 1 & 3 year old.) we've been taking trips ever since my oldest was 10 months.

My daughter would wild out when we would hit traffic and she felt the car stopped. Everytime we stopped to get gas, we would have to change diapers and feed so every stop was an hour long. We got a brand new Toyota Sienna so it made the ride easy AF, really convenient.

We stopped driving and just started flying. With tickets as low as $59 one way and my youngest is still free, why not. Plus I'm just over driving at night anymore too many stories of families driving down worry me now. I get so tired chasing these two around Disneyland I don't want to be worn out by the time it's time to drive.

Just plan accordingly, leave as early as you can so the kids can be asleep by the time you reach LA.
Yup, sleeping through that last stretch is clutch, seems like if the car is moving my kids are cool, but once we get in that traffic is when they start getting antsy, might be the proximity or just child impatience. I took the two youngest by myself twice this year and learned so much about them and their triggers that it was one of the biggest bonding moments I've ever been lucky enough to have. The Wife and i went by ourselves a couple of weeks ago, and it was the same. Disneyland can get overwhelming when your attention is too spread out, its easy to lose focus on the little things. We kind of laugh at the rushed families with the angry frustrated parents, missing the look on their kids faces of amazment. We go all the time, so we'll sit down for a while and just chill, listening to the little music, or pointing things out to each other. Thats the magic of disney to me, now. Its in the details, the new things ive never noticed, the familiar i look foward to seeing again. But most of all, its sharing those things with people you love. AP holder for almost six years and plan on being one for a lot longer.

Fellas. Got back yesterday from our Disneyland trip, and it was the greatest week that we have ever had. The feeling I got seeing the kids' faces full of joy with the characters, rides, and overall experience was one of a kind. We decided to leave Sunday morning and head to San Diego and hit up the San Diego Zoo on Monday. Drove to Anaheim Monday afternoon and did the parks Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

The car rides went smooth. No real fuss except about 30 minutes that my one year old was not thrilled about being in the car seat. Kept them entertained with games, books, and even some dvds. My 3 year old didn't nap any of the days, and we thought we would have a major meltdown before bed, but he was great the entire time. No fusses except him wanting to take a million pictures with Mater haha. He went on a ton of rides and warmed up pretty well to the characters.

I will say that I witnessed some interesting parenting skills while at the parks. At times it felt like the parents were there more for themselves than their kids.

I can't wait to take them back in a few years.

View media item 2440506
View media item 2440507
View media item 2440508
View media item 2440509
View media item 2440510
View media item 2440511

Fellas. Got back yesterday from our Disneyland trip, and it was the greatest week that we have ever had. The feeling I got seeing the kids' faces full of joy with the characters, rides, and overall experience was one of a kind. We decided to leave Sunday morning and head to San Diego and hit up the San Diego Zoo on Monday. Drove to Anaheim Monday afternoon and did the parks Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

The car rides went smooth. No real fuss except about 30 minutes that my one year old was not thrilled about being in the car seat. Kept them entertained with games, books, and even some dvds. My 3 year old didn't nap any of the days, and we thought we would have a major meltdown before bed, but he was great the entire time. No fusses except him wanting to take a million pictures with Mater haha. He went on a ton of rides and warmed up pretty well to the characters.

I will say that I witnessed some interesting parenting skills while at the parks. At times it felt like the parents were there more for themselves than their kids.

I can't wait to take them back in a few years.

View media item 2440506
View media item 2440507
View media item 2440508
View media item 2440509
View media item 2440510
View media item 2440511
u hit up cove bar for that cotton candy lemonade????
u go to goofy kitchen???
u talk to crush???
u ride paradise pier???
u liked world of color???
just wait till they bring back fantasmic :pimp:
i let my fans annual pass expire after our baby was born in jan
we last went in dec for my bday
i cant wait to go again
prolly gonna buy new annual passes in dec
and go for new years eve.
I'm usually able to do the drive to la in 5 hours
only stop to get gas in kettleman
which is about halfway
i took our challenger in august
and made it there in 4 hours :lol:
oh and theres a secret spot to get dole whip
without waiting in that long *** line
glad u and ur fam enjoyed it
we used to drive down 2-3 times a month
i miss it man
im having disneyland withdrawls :lol:

8 Years a Father – Champagne In The Locker Room http://www.citlr.com/8-years-a-father/

My man wrote this article. I figured I would drop it off in here. Good read fellas
8 Years a Father.

Before I had a kid, my friends who were already parents would always tell me, “Watch how fast time flies.” I never truly believed them because we were all still friends during the same time period, how much faster could time go? LOL

Fast forward eight years today from the greatest moment of my life, and life truly has flashed with ludicrous speed. In the eight years I’ve had the honor of being the dad to the most awesome kid on Earth, my life has been through things I’d never imagine. For every misstep I’ve ever taken, for every crap moment I’ve caused, for every emotion I’ve ever conveyed…it’s all worth it, for her.

As a dad, I’ve grown so much, it’s hard to quantify it in words. The things I thought I needed to live are now deemed meaningless. The things I thought I wanted in life are mere afterthoughts today. Watching a little person grow and blossom into such an awesome spirit is a testament to God, her mom, her grandmothers, her aunties and uncles (blood or not), her teachers and most importantly, myself.

I don’t really toot my own horn too much but damnit, if I can’t TODAY, about MY KID…then I will never have the chance (LOL). She is the sweetest, kindest, well-mannered kid imaginable along with being a great scholar. She’s also becoming a huge sports fan (self sice) which I thoroughly enjoy obviously. For better or for worse, she wears her emotions on her sleeve just like her dad.

People tell me all the time “Dion, your a great dad!” or “You’re doing a great job.” and that’s good and dandy, but at the same time, that’s what I’m supposed to do. I’m supposed to be the man in her life, to set that example, for all other men that will eventually enter her life, to follow. I’m not doin’ this for the likes because that’s what social media is all about right? But what about the times we don’t choose to document? Am I doing a good job then and does it even matter? I hate that “good parenting” and life in general is judged by some by social media but I do understand that’s just how life is in 2016.

Even though I like to fancy myself as a writer, I’m really not. I’m just a man with a computer with the ability to convey his thoughts on Microsoft Word. I sometimes find it difficult to invoke clearly and precisely what exactly I want to say at times, but I never have to worry about that with my daughter. She completed me….I need her….and she needs me.

Happy Birthday “Stink”

Daddy love you…but you already know that!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom