Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Kid #2 is overcoming his cold/cough, while Kid #1 is fighting a fever and congestion/cough.

Guess who became the recipient of that?

This guy.

Took Nyquil last night and Dayquil this morning. This is so whack.

Kid #2 is overcoming his cold/cough, while Kid #1 is fighting a fever and congestion/cough.

Guess who became the recipient of that?

This guy.

Took Nyquil last night and Dayquil this morning. This is so whack.
Famb.. been carrying NyQuil/DayQuil in my bag. Can’t afford to call out .. 7up a good chaser

Let me know if he doesn't scoop it. I'm in LA and never even bothered to get one... :smh:
sorry brother he already PM'd me.

i think you can cop it online at latimes.com tho.
The one from yesterday is like a 24 page memorial for him and I bought that online as my local shops were sold out.

never heard the term girl dad until recently in this thread

I'm not quite a girl dad from what I understand because my youngest is a boy

but I'm the one that takes my daughters to ice skating every week and if I available to birthday parties when they are invited

it's cool, and it's always good to earn stripes because I wasn't the one burdened by carrying them in my belly pre birth

How do you guys deal with kids who absolutely refuse to follow directions? I'm not trying to beat add every day but I feel like I'm being left with little options.

We give direction and our kids look us up and down like we short.

2054E374-5B98-4E57-995A-85B02B679A00.jpeg

I ended up getting the shirt

^nice, your young ones already have a babysitter for the next 4 years or so

How do you guys deal with kids who absolutely refuse to follow directions? I'm not trying to beat add every day but I feel like I'm being left with little options.

sometimes you gotta pop them in the add 🤷‍♂️

sounds like my 4 year old...it sucks but you can't give into them

if they have privileges they can lose privileges

Yea forsure my oldest helps a bunch.

Man my 3 year old she is very independent (tries to be) and that gets her into a lot of trouble...not that there is anything wrong with independence, it's just the times when she wont follow directions. I have to pop her, She cries, I explain, and we move forward...hopefully she will grow out of that...but I know the struggle

For me, I try to first look at what motivates them. You have to find your leverage.

Is this an attention grab or defiance? It'll be different how you hand either.

I like to use examples, my youngest daughter is 6. Yesterday we're in Church and there is a kid her age, running around being loud etc, just the whole thing out of control.

I talk to her and ask her what she thinks, what should his consequences be? Would she act like that? Trying to get her to see how absurd that behavior.

While the other child is doing that, mom is chasing him and yelling.

My Grandfather once told me, you don't take Gasoline to a fire. I try to remember that when raising my kids.

2-3 is a terrible time. Definitely lol moments tho...my husband and i will play fight and my son will rush him with a kick or punch (he does karate) yelling "don't you hit my mommy"

Last night he was running around my room and I told him go have dad change your pull-up. He responds "no ill change it later"...then made a song about it...smh "ill change my pull-up later, daddy change my pull-up later, mommy change my pull-up later" smh.

Truly is something special about a girl and her dads relationship. My pops is my best friend to this day.

I pray to God that my babygirl sees me this way when she's older. I try to listen to all the 'small stuff' she tells me so she's comfortable telling me the 'big stuff' when it's time, but I always just wonder if I'm doing enough- I try my best and hope that it is enough.... *crossing fingers*

I pray to God that my babygirl sees me this way when she's older. I try to listen to all the 'small stuff' she tells me so she's comfortable telling me the 'big stuff' when it's time, but I always just wonder if I'm doing enough- I try my best and hope that it is enough.... *crossing fingers*

You are. It may not seem like it now but she will always remember you making time for her.

2-3 is a terrible time. Definitely lol moments tho...my husband and i will play fight and my son will rush him with a kick or punch (he does karate) yelling "don't you hit my mommy"

Last night he was running around my room and I told him go have dad change your pull-up. He responds "no ill change it later"...then made a song about it...smh "ill change my pull-up later, daddy change my pull-up later, mommy change my pull-up later" smh.
My middle child is 4 and it’s still terrible time

I just wonder when will it end🤷‍♂️

Taking every member of the household on a dinner date this week
Me and my son went Tuesday to the mall and dinner. Had a great time he really appreciated the quality time and I was surprised at how much he liked the private time. Definitely glad I did it and for sure suggest it to y’all

Me and the wife went out last night, went to one of our old date night spots. Prob won’t go again cause the experience in the restaurant wasn’t the same but another success.

And tonight I’m taking the girls to get outfits and we’ll go to dinner. Have no idea how dinner with a 3 & 5 year old is going to be like but it’s gonna be interesting lol

Back
Top Bottom