Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Happy Holidays, everyone. Unfortunately for my kids, they contracted hand,foot, mouth disease from school. My daughter is miserable and my son is starting to get bumps on his feet.

When I spoke with my daughter's teacher yesterday, she said she's averaging 5-7 students out a day. Smh.

Be safe out there, everyone.

Happy Holidays, everyone. Unfortunately for my kids, they contracted hand,foot, mouth disease from school. My daughter is miserable and my son is starting to get bumps on his feet.

When I spoke with my daughter's teacher yesterday, she said she's averaging 5-7 students out a day. Smh.

Didn't the school shut it down once the outbreak was confirmed?

We all got this over the summer. Just to warn you, my sons finger nails and toe nails all fell off from it about a month after he got better. Freaked us out until we figured out what it was from. Weirdest illness we’ve had by far.

Didn't the school shut it down once the outbreak was confirmed?
No, unfortunately not. Which is odd if 5-7 kids are out sick every day from either Covid, RSV, Flu, and or Hand, Foot, Mouth.

And my son started getting a light fever today and has a couple more bumps on his feet. Sigh. Feels like it’s gonna be a long couple of weeks for us.

Me and my son got it 2 months ago. One of the worst viruses’s I’ve ever had. I still have the cough and blisters on my feet after almost 2 months!

No, unfortunately not. Which is odd if 5-7 kids are out sick every day from either Covid, RSV, Flu, and or Hand, Foot, Mouth.

And my son started getting a light fever today and has a couple more bumps on his feet. Sigh. Feels like it’s gonna be a long couple of weeks for us.

That's insane.

Sheesh, my daughter got HFM a couple months ago and I thought it was bad, but she only got some small blisters in her mouth and couldn't really eat for a couple days. I guess we really got off easy but I was pretty worried about her not eating. I can't imagine her having it for much longer or on her hands and feet too. Can you get it more than once?

1000019461.jpg

Happy Holidays to all da NT brethren

Merry Christmas ya'll! It's about 11:11 here in Cali and I just finished writing a letter to my kids from Santa. I'll be sad when they grow out of this, but right now i'm enjoying the heck out of it....
There is still a high level of stress and anxiety for me when it comes to Christmas for the fam...but everyone was happy - as usual. And even through the stress and anxiety, seeing the joy my 2 little ones exhibit honestly makes it worth it.

Side note - my 2 kids got 4 remote control cars EACH this year. Wtf lol. My battery game was NOT prepared.

Lastly, A Christmas Story really hit home this year. The face of the father while opening gifts was true to life.

Merry Christmas ya'll! It's about 11:11 here in Cali and I just finished writing a letter to my kids from Santa. I'll be sad when they grow out of this, but right now i'm enjoying the heck out of it....
They dont have to grow out of it
You can write a letter every year
Leave cookies and milk every year too

Irritates me when parents send they nasty *** kids to school sick

Just a warning I realized Santa wasn’t real because I noticed Santa and my dad had the same exact handwriting :lol:

Just a warning I realized Santa wasn’t real because I noticed Santa and my dad had the same exact handwriting :lol:
yeah... i've been typing and printing it out. my handwriting sucks anyway... LOL

If anyone wants/needs this, here - it's a stationary i downloaded from the interwebz and have been using for the past 3 years.... it's a jpg of the stationary and the editable PDF of it also...

Attachments

• Santasredletter_letterhead_8x11.jpg
    Santasredletter_letterhead_8x11.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 115
  • Santasredletter_letterhead_8x11_editable.pdf
    385.2 KB · Views: 310
What are the other options?

He wants to come East and deal with these Winters? :lol:
He only wants Stanford
Berkeley
Harvard
Davis
Irvine
Yale
He applied to all of those
Plus saint Mary’s out here
UCLA
Usc
University of Montana(not sure why)
More but that’s just what I can think of
He wanted to do mit
But something he was late on doing
He REALLY only wanted to apply to Stanford
Took me a whole year
to convince him to keep his options open
And that he should see what else out there

Did you all get help from an admissions counselor/consultant?
Nope
Tried had meetings
But it was all generic info
And regurgitated stuff I already heard
I had to hop on YouTube
And other sites to get a clear idea of what to do myself
I never went to college
Even filled out an app
So this was overwhelming
But college been on his mind since like the 3rd grade
But I learned a lot in the process
My son already was aware
And new what to do and all that
But I wanted to become familiar
So that I can assist with things
That he may not have thought of
Or be even aware of
Also my daughter gonna be on the same journey next year so it helped prepare me
She wants to be a doctor
Neonatal doctor specifically
She been eyeing Berkeley
UCLA
And a few hbcu

typing look hella familiar lol. That's wassup fam. Good to see our kids flourishing especially after this covid.
glad my kids graduated HS and no kids before 21.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom