Official NY Knicks 2021 preseason

The more I watch the more i stick with my position that no one on this roster should be considered safe. Just my take, but here’s my move:

Randle and Frank for Lavine and Arcidiacono. This trade makes the numbers dance. Randle is in for a big payday and frankly I don’t wanna be the one to pay him. Zach is under contract for an additional year and is one year younger. The bulls get from under his contract and get value for Zach.

Trade RJ Barrett and a future second(not 2021) for Collins and Huerter. Acquiring Huerter may be a stretch but it frees up the hawks to make other trades. Collins role is already shrinking a bit with all their bigs (Capela /Okongwu). Moving Huerter frees up space for Gallo / Reddish / Hunter and allows for RJ to be a slasher. Collins is a RFA so we’d then have his rights. He’s a PF who can spread the floor and is a great PNR threat. Works much better next to Mitch.

Getting Collins gets me to the next move. Packaging Obi and Knox. I know Obi is a rookie, but he’s a 22 year old rookie who should be much further along and doesn’t get the same leash as a 19 year old rookie. His lateral mobilitity (or lack thereof) and questionable spreading the floor capability makes him a big that doesn’t really fit the modern NBA. Trade him to OKC for their first round pick (top 2 protected) and whatever matching or expiring contract.

This sets us up to be competitive and in line to potentially have 3 lottery picks in 2021 (Ours, Mavs, OKC). If we have to package a pick to move up and snag Suggs I’m all for it.

Suggs / quickley
Lavine / draft (Jalen Green) / Huerter / Rivers
Draft (Kuminga) / Brazdeikis
Collins / free
Mitch / Noel

For me this truly makes me excited about the future while truly having the potential to be special.

JS”

The more I watch the more i stick with my position that no one on this roster should be considered safe. Just my take, but here’s my move:

Randle and Frank for Lavine and Arcidiacono. This trade makes the numbers dance. Randle is in for a big payday and frankly I don’t wanna be the one to pay him. Zach is under contract for an additional year and is one year younger. The bulls get from under his contract and get value for Zach.

Trade RJ Barrett and a future second(not 2021) for Collins and Huerter. Acquiring Huerter may be a stretch but it frees up the hawks to make other trades. Collins role is already shrinking a bit with all their bigs (Capela /Okongwu). Moving Huerter frees up space for Gallo / Reddish / Hunter and allows for RJ to be a slasher. Collins is a RFA so we’d then have his rights. He’s a PF who can spread the floor and is a great PNR threat. Works much better next to Mitch.

Getting Collins gets me to the next move. Packaging Obi and Knox. I know Obi is a rookie, but he’s a 22 year old rookie who should be much further along and doesn’t get the same leash as a 19 year old rookie. His lateral mobilitity (or lack thereof) and questionable spreading the floor capability makes him a big that doesn’t really fit the modern NBA. Trade him to OKC for their first round pick (top 2 protected) and whatever matching or expiring contract.

This sets us up to be competitive and in line to potentially have 3 lottery picks in 2021 (Ours, Mavs, OKC). If we have to package a pick to move up and snag Suggs I’m all for it.

Suggs / quickley
Collins / free
Mitch / Noel

For me this truly makes me excited about the future while truly having the potential to be special.

JS”
Bro wtf is you talking about?

Suggs / quickley
Collins / free
Mitch / Noel

JS”
2238AA7F-805D-4D13-A82A-045F12328E6D.jpeg

Ok i read it again... I mean .. i respect the effort put in to play it out in your head but.. nah man .

Cant sell me (or anyone else in this thread im guessing/hoping) on that scenario. just came out of nowhere and im very surprised someone feels that way about the roster and outlook of this team. :lol:

For those that have been in the thread for some time, I’ve posted previous trade possibilities and thoughts. This isn’t random. But I get it... I know some prefer the one or two liners, mediocrity, or a bit of “hey we won 2 in a row put some respect on it”mentality, but that’s backward movement/thinking.
For those that read it and respectfully disagree, I appreciate it; I don’t expect everyone to agree with the moves. I don’t even mind a counter. But if you think the team we have constructed is great, then there’s no need to even have a discussion. Ya’ll conditioned funny. Lol. It’s wild how a realistic scenario or two of moving players or signing others is clowned on, but then you have those that post “Mitch is amazing”, then 10 minutes and 2 posts later, “why is he on the roster”, thinking that’s accepted. Hahaha. Straight comedy.

JS”

For those that have been in the thread for some time, I’ve posted previous trade possibilities and thoughts. This isn’t random. But I get it... I know some prefer the one or two liners, mediocrity, or a bit of “hey we won 2 in a row put some respect on it”mentality, but that’s backward movement/thinking.
For those that read it and respectfully disagree, I appreciate it; I don’t expect everyone to agree with the moves. I don’t even mind a counter. But if you think the team we have constructed is great, then there’s no need to even have a discussion. Ya’ll conditioned funny. Lol. It’s wild how a realistic scenario or two of moving players or signing others is clowned on, but then you have those that post “Mitch is amazing”, then 10 minutes and 2 posts later, “why is he on the roster”, thinking that’s accepted. Hahaha. Straight comedy.

JS”
You're roster is based on 3 picks that might now even be there for us. Then youre expecting 3 college kids Levine and Mitch to compete.

But we thinking backwards.

Give me a ******* break bro.

You're roster is based on 3 picks that might now even be there for us. Then youre expecting 3 college kids Levine and Mitch to compete.

But we thinking backwards.

Give me a ****ing break bro.

Ill leave it alone bc I’m not here to argue but I clearly posted the roster including current players (again I’ll type it / Quickly /Rivers / Huerter / Lavine / Collins / Mitch / Noel / Berz and a combination of potential picks. It’s literally spelled out in my post lol.

If we continue losing and can manage a lottery pick, the Mavs pick conveys into a lottery pick (if they continue losing), and the possibility of moving some of our young players for a pick (harder to accomplish but possible by giving up those players I mentioned) equals 3 potential lottery picks.

That roster is not only much better and more balanced, but it has potential to grow and develop in the future. That’s much than what you’re happy about right now lol. But hey some really love sir Elfrid, Bullocks, Obi, and company.

JS”

Dunno if this was mentioned but crazy seeing this happen to dude. He wasn't an all star or anything but he was productive enough offensively to be at least a last man off the bench on a franchise

Well Ive said all i could about Fraud i mean Fiz. Absolutely horrendous coach . The worst type actually. Snake oil salesman.

Whoever lands in the top 3 should be expecting a call from the Knicks.

And I wonder how much value Knicks can get for Randle 🧐. 2 firsts, maybe if we’re still around .500 majority of the season. They’ll attribute the success to the floor leader.

Got nothing against Randle, but he’s still not a true 1st option on a contender. Midas well get what you can. He would flourish in Minny. & looks like they don’t have their 1st round pick so they could be in for some trouble.

I don't think the other guys actually liked playing with Trier. A few thought he was selfish.
Yeah there were reports coming out during that second year that he let all the “Iso Zo” stuff get to his head and his teammates took exception to how it translated to his on court play

Back
Top Bottom