Official NY Knicks 2021 preseason

This playoff series shows that Randle is not a max contract player. At best, he is a #3 option. The NYK don't have a #1 or 2 option yet. RJ might develop into a #2 option but he ain't no Ja Morant or Zion. The NYK needs a superstar that can lead them.

Post is saying Thibs is “In love” with Norman Powell so I wonder how much we going to have to throw at him now?

yeah powell is a no brainer for sure

portland will probably do everything they can to retain him but i wouldn’t mind overpaying on a three year deal with the third year being a team option

Figure Bullock, Frank, and Elf’s contract plus about 6 mil should get us Powell is how I’m looking at it.

yeah powell is a no brainer for sure

portland will probably do everything they can to retain him but i wouldn’t mind overpaying on a three year deal with the third year being a team option
Won’t Portland be over the cap unless they do a lot of maneuvering?

I cooled off on Lonzo big time. I dont think Quickley is a starting level PG in this league. I think Rose stays, but we still need a all star caliber PG.

Quick is a rookie. I think ppl are forgetting that.

I dont think he has the playmaking ability or vision to be a starting PG. Hard to learn those things. Seeing Rose/Burks/Elfrid in front of him running the team doesn't give me hope. None of these guys even look for the lob or pocket pass after a PnR.

He's great at scoring, better off as a 6th man imo.

Team is a year ahead of schedule, pick up a pg and run it back. Disagree that Obie became a bust and Quickly isn't an NBA starting pg after 1 year. Give en both another season to improve before giving up on them completely. Randle gets a do over on his playoff performance as well and RJ gotta take another step up in year 3..

quickley is perfect off the bench... he's a score first guard similar to Lou Williams... he's better of as a 2 off the bench... just get both Lonzo and Powell and call it a day...hard to bank on superstars coming here unless through a trade

I went out for the whole day yesterday. I checked Twitter and saw many tweets about Rose & Randle based on the LeBron-Kyrie meme 👀

Hope the Knicks fix their issues before game starts this Wed

i keep seeing it thrown around that we’re “a year ahead of schedule” and no shade or nothing but i don’t understand it

since when was it a thing that the 21-22 season was when we made a leap?

-free agent market for superstars is basically dead
-we have no lottery picks
-weak young assets
-if we keep this team mostly intact next year i’m confident we’ll be worse or at least won’t sniff the four seed

not saying there’s a need to panic rn but def not a time to pretend everything is gonna be okay moving forward either

if we can’t swing a trade for a superstar in the next two years we’re right back at square one

leon and scott got their work cutout for them this summer

i keep seeing it thrown around that we’re “a year ahead of schedule” and no shade or nothing but i don’t understand it

since when was it a thing that the 21-22 season was when we made a leap?

-free agent market for superstars is basically dead
-we have no lottery picks
-weak young assets
-if we keep this team mostly intact next year i’m confident we’ll be worse or at least won’t sniff the four seed

not saying there’s a need to panic rn but def not a time to pretend everything is gonna be okay moving forward either

if we can’t swing a trade for a superstar in the next two years we’re right back at square one

leon and scott got their work cutout for them this summer
Eggggzacttlyyyy

Year ahead of schedule basically means we should've been a 30 win team this year max. We took a leap this year into the playoffs where we had no business being.

-Thibs changed the culture
-RJ improved
-Randle MIP
-Mitch got smarter
-We hit on the Quickley pick
-Obi showed flashes that he's a rotational player

We have the money to bring back the guys that contribited (Noel, Rose, Burks) and sign a max player.

We have all our picks plus other teams picks to make a trade for a disgruntled star.

We're in a good place going forward.

Back
Top Bottom