Official NY Knicks 2021 preseason

tenor.gif

UnawareEnchantedLeech-max-1mb.gif

tired of playing the wait and see “what if…” game when it comes to young players reaching their potential

Obi won’t ever be a legit 3rd or even 4th option on a team in his career

send him packing if we have to

Normally I prefer having a PG that averages 2+ 3pm per game along with good playmaking & defensive skills

I am cool with Sexton. A 22 years old guard who has proven he's capable of scoring 24 a game. I believe he can improve his range. I don't remember his playmaking skills. I hope it's good enough

Sexton's trade value is lower than expectation. That's a positive sign for us. We do not need to give up many resources to get the player like Sexton

They need to go get lonzo. If they can keep Rose and get him to mentor lonzo a little, I think that’s a better situation than Sexton.

If we get Sexton we’d still have around 30mil in cap space. So we could still make a play for Powell or Trent Jr or whoever else.

Sexton is a dawg.

But SGA is a star. SGA also more pricey. You could & should offer multiple picks for him. IQ or Obi & FIBA Frank+Knox. Cash. Someone gonna take these scrubs & make something outta them. I hope 😕.

But I don’t really get the he’s not a part of their timeline when he’s only 22.

Gotta be some internal pressure to get things going from SGA reps. Drafted to LA. Playoffs. Traded to OKC. Lottery limbo. Now your son & countryman RJ winning in NY.

^^ had that written for some point of convo when both were brought up before.

Sex is a capable shooter & will not be allowed to be a bad teammate in a Thibbs-led system. I’d embrace that trade.

A lineup of a healthy combo of (if RJ, IQ and Mitch just progress a little) is easily a contender.
Rose,Sexton, RJ, Julius, Mitch, IQ and a possibility of Powell or Trent Jr

in on sexton. i think obi has A LOT more potential than most seem to believe
would be tough to lose him so early in his career and i don't think it's the right move.
enough lollygaggin tho. knicks got assets and it's time to trade the f up

Sexton = Brandon Jennings with wingspan

Sexton can score and got a mean streak, he’s mostly not a consistent defender and his game doesn’t lead to winning basketball in Cleveland. Which is why they rather trade him than pay him.

I think he can be a pretty good six man, but putting him out there with RJ and Randle doesn’t make a lot of sense. He’s a ball dominant PG.

His whole team is a minus, that plus minus **** is overhyped, people put way to much in analytics when a lot has to do with the players current situation. If you’re on the worst team in the NBA for years and you get heavy minutes and get blown out every other night of course you’re going to be a big minus. supposedly Frank had one of the best plus minus on our team but he was so bad he couldnt even get off the bench for games at a time.

Keep in mind Sexton plays with this starting 5:

Isaac Okoro- 9/3/1 averages

Kevin Love- Basically Blake in Detroit, plays with 5% effort and is fairly washed

Jarrett Allen- Great defensive player but isn't hitting a shot more than 8 feet from the basket

Darius Garland- Very good offensive player but basically is a better version of Sexton so they shouldn't be on the floor together

summary: if all it takes is Obi, Knox, and a late first rounder I'm ok with the move.It would basically be like we drafted him with that late pick

I'm not sold on sexton... seems like a good player who puts up stats on a bad team... he's seems like a PG who chucks all the time and doesn't play defense .. kinda the opposite of what we need...we have the cap space why not sign Lonzo and get norm Powell and try to trade our picks to move in lottery position...we need a deep team to contend in the playoffs look at hawks and suns... don't trade obi .... I'd only trade obi if we got Shai in return

Also to all these Sexton defenders who are saying “losing takes a toll on you, and he was on a bad team so he can get better”.

I want that same energy for Knox and Frank:lol:

Back
Top Bottom