Official NY Knicks 2021 preseason

Problem with Knicks fans is they have FOMO. The ones who wanna keep Frank don't wanna keep him bc they think he will realistically be a 15ppg/7apg backup player. They're just afraid that if we don't sign him he'll end up on the Lakers or some **** and put up respectable numbers.

Problem with Knicks fans is they have FOMO. The ones who wanna keep Frank don't wanna keep him bc they think he will realistically be a 15ppg/7apg backup player. They're just afraid that if we don't sign him he'll end up on the Lakers or some **** and put up respectable numbers.

I mean if he goes and plays under pop I firmly believe he does well. But if he can’t get motivated to play for thibs then Idon’t know what to say. Thibs gave him chances purely because of his defensive skills. But he still doesn’t show anything on the offensive side. I’m sure some team will take a chance and might get a steal. Or in 2 years he’s back in Europe playing on some team there and putting up decent numbers. But I agree with most here, his time as a Knick is up.

From Shams:

The Knicks are the most aggressive trade suitor for Cavaliers guard Collin Sexton, sources said. Sexton is eligible for his rookie extension this offseason, and with one year left on his deal, it allows Cleveland to continue to be patient in constructing the roster.

Sexton ain’t the answer by any means but is def someone i’d like to have at the right price and contract

wouldn’t even mention RJ, Randle or Quickley in any trade discussion nor would i think about giving him max money, even though i’m sure him and his agent will be looking in that range

still would prefer to throw the farm at OKC for SGA

Unless they think the coaching staff and the culture we’re building can change his selfish ways and make him a better teammate (he wasn’t liked in Cleveland), not a fan at all.

I think they’re relying too much on Randle and RJs playmaking.

Not sure I'd want him as the lead guard but he can score, no doubt. There's no one on the roster right now that can break down a defense.

That being said, it all depends on price. Don't think it's worth trading significant assets the signing a big extension.

Rather Ben Simmons, he seems like a Thibs player and sign some role players that can shoot
The goal is to keep building to be a legible destination the next time there’s a franchise player on the market to sign

don’t think we were making a real stab at Ball anyway but i’d also rather have Sexton than Lonzo

No shot I make that deal. Were trading all those guys at their lowest points for a guy that no one likes on a 1 year deal.

The asking price isn’t as high as I would have thought, but I’m weary of giving up on Obi so early.

If nothing else, the front office is definitively accelerating the rebuilding process after last year. While I’m not a huge fan of Sexton I think the move could be helpful short term with the offense, and if the coaching staff really believes in the new culture that they’re developed, he could grow to be a great longterm piece. I think I trust the coaching staff to coach young men so if they make that move, I won’t be mad.

Back
Top Bottom