Official NY Knicks 2021 preseason

Mike Vorkunov (@MikeVorkunov) Tweeted:
Nerlens Noel and Alec Burks played well for Knicks last season and were great values after signing relatively light deals. Knicks brought them back at full price next season, so value assessment changes.

Noel + Burks in 2020-21: $11 million
Noel + Burks in 2021-22: $20.6 million

Bobby Marks (@BobbyMarks42) Tweeted:
Trent Jr. has a $4.7M cap hold that the Raptors can take advantage before they sign him to a contract.

Toronto has decisions to make with the non-guaranteed contracts of Rodney Hood and Aron Baynes.

$10m for a backup center is disgusting

He will be our starting Center once Mitch gets Hurt or traded.

Noel is insurance that we desperately need. Mitch can't stay on the floor, whether that be due to foul trouble or injuries. he's also potentially getting traded. 10 mil per for a guy that gives max effort, doesn't ask for the ball, rebounds, and block shots? that's a bargain tbh. not to mention Noel is only 27 years old.

My shirt is still on so far :lol: Hopefully Thibs can get something extra out of Fournier and get a deal done in the pg area.

Both the Burks and Noel deals are for three years, which also makes them easily movable contracts in two years.

I don’t have a problem with this at all. The contracts also won’t affect our future goals. Plus the CBA goes up in two years.

I’m more than fine with this. This was smart. Plus I love Kobe Burks.

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 8.07.11 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom