Official NY Knicks 2021 preseason

I've searched Yelp, Twitter, Snapchat, asked around friends and family circles--no Dice.

NT Knicks fam, ya'll my last hope. I desperately need your help:

Does anyone know someone who can braid straight hair? The girl I know went back to DR since COVID and hasn't come back. I fear she was living here illegally and now cannot reenter the USA.

This is a plea from a desperate man. Managed to grow out my hair since covid and it's now long enough. Had shorty do an amateur job, which was so bad, but I need the real deal.
Any African spot is the move but be aware they gonna braid ya **** TIGHT. if u want u can also check on IG mostwomen in nyc tag their work

Not excited at all for Sexton defensively or as a floor general.. but scorers like that are rarely available to get. I'm open to it..

GM 🧢.
If you can swing that trade for Sexton, & assuming the kid isn’t a mental ******, going big for a Ben Simmons “rehab” project sounds tempting. Might need to involve a third team that’s rebuilding, but IQ, S&T Noel & Frank + future picks to start negotiations seems fair. Simmons value took a yuuuge hit Noel is guaranteed money & playing time for a contender. He gets to go back to the team that drafted him. Some of y’all wanted to start IQ so don’t try to undervalue him now.

Mitch needs to stay healthy & play 35 mpg. Maybe draft some insurance at 58. 🤷‍♀️

Ben is now the 4th or 5th option in most rotations. You see what the Knicks did with EP who also became unplayable late in the game. Legit 4 playmakers to start & DRose ready to run off the bench. Knicks top 3 in the league add DPOY runner up to starting lineup.

Keep your 3 picks you have left in this draft & still get a young pg & sf to groom. Those could be 2 year projects. Reclaim Melo of course. Keep Taj. Bullocks can slide as the backup 2 tbh. Give Pelle a chance to shine.

Sex/RJ/Simmons/Juju/Mitch
Rose/Bullocks/Melo//Taj/Pelle
Rookie/Rookie
Pinson/Big Man Insurance.

Those 2 rookies will have a rough 1st season getting minutes. I like Mann & Vrenz, but there’s a lot of talent this year.

While we’re at it, all three players traded would help Philly, Frank of course being the wildcard. Can’t call him 🗑 anymore if I wanna use him to better the roster.

Last edited:
I remember when I got my **** braided I ****** up because I started a perm then quit midway because I thought it was stupid, I had decent hair already. Unfortunately that left me with the coarsest texture hair imaginable and shorty had to really pull it tight to make it work. Painful. Anyways lesson is don't halfway perm/scurl.

Any recs for grease/gel for straight hair?
I don’t know your hair type, but this is a good starter. And it’s cheap too.
1626367690983.jpeg

A source confirms that Sexton is among the players on the Knicks’ radar in the offseason. The Athletic reported the Knicks are the most aggressive suitor for Sexton. On Tuesday night, a source with knowledge of the dynamic said it was difficult to characterize which suitor was most aggressive in pursuing Sexton due to the nature of trade conversations leading up to the draft. But the source said New York had "legitimate" interest in dealing for Sexton.

Also worth noting: One team doing its homework on a possible Sexton trade believed Cleveland would like to get a veteran who can help the club win in return for the 22-year-old guard.

The Knicks can send young players and picks to the Cavs, but they don’t have a veteran on a multi-year contract for Cleveland.

WHAT ABOUT THE MONEY?
If the Knicks traded for Sexton, they could sign him to an extension prior to the 2021-22 season. New York would have Sexton’s Bird Rights, so the club could exceed the salary cap to sign him to an extension. That means the Knicks could still use their cap space to sign free agents this summer before they pay Sexton.

Sexton’s extension would begin in 2022-23, so the extension would eat into New York’s 2022 cap space.

Sexton’s extension could be as high as $168 million over five years. If the Knicks extend Julius Randle and Sexton, they could still create enough cap space for a max free agent in 2022. But doing so becomes a bit more difficult. An RJ Barrett extension wouldn’t impact their 2022 cap space, but they’d need to maintain cap flexibility this offseason.

STILL STAR CHASING?
This is noteworthy because, as recently as last month, the Knicks talked internally about acquiring a top-tier star via trade or signing.

That’s not new, of course.

Dating back to the 2020 NBA trade deadline, one of the Knicks’ goals has been to maintain enough assets/flexibility to acquire a star. Leading up to the 2021 trade deadline, people with the Knicks felt that they were only going to make a big trade if it netted a player who could turn them into a contender.

The question then, and now, is: What top-tier player is available this offseason?

Unless a star player demands a trade, there is no obvious answer.

So even if the Knicks acquire and extend Sexton, I’d expect them to maintain enough flexibility/assets to be in the conversation for an established star player in the 2022 class. That class will likely feature Chicago’s Zach LaVine and Washington’s Bradley Beal.

(This shouldn’t come as a surprise, but the Knicks continue to monitor the situations for both players).

Again, if New York signs Sexton to an extension, the club can still have enough cap space to sign a max free agent in 2022.

Other teams with cap space this offseason, including the Toronto Raptors and Dallas Mavericks, could also look to prioritize cap space for 2022. So the Knicks will likely have significant competition for 2022 free agents.

Will the Knicks have enough assets left over to trade for a star player following a Sexton trade?

That remains to be seen.

One other note: People in touch with the Knicks recently came away with the impression that New York had little interest in including Barrett in any trades.

I’m at the point now if we don’t get Sexton for that package or similar I’m going to be disappointed again. It’s the yearly off season let down.

Sexton isn't a superstar obviously but if we're gonna keep waiting for lightning in a bottle to sign/trade someone like Lillard or some **** we're gonna have dudes like Elfraud starting forever. We don't need an elite PG. a guy like Sexton can give you 20-25ppg nightly.

We finished 4th with a bum at PG. Imagine how many more games you win with someone like Sexton pulling the defense away from guys like Randle and RJ.

Back
Top Bottom