OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

Simmons need to be in a lineup where everyone has a respectable shot. I also don’t think he should be full time PG on any team due to his shooting. He should play PG part time paired with a guard like Jrue Holiday, be a threat driving when off ball and pass 1st pg at other times.

It’s one thing to not be a good shooter but take them when open, but it’s another when you’re left 5 feet open and teams know you still won’t take that shot.

And if we traded for Simmons, I think Randle, Mitch, kemba and first is too much. If you add Randle, then you don’t add Mitch. Simmons never averaged more than 17ppg, bad shooter overall (No threes, Bad Ft%, and good at mostly everything else).

Ben Simmons was mentioned recently again and now I wanna revise some proposals. Obviously Randle has to go somewhere eventually . I’m hoping sooner than later.

Randle, NN, IQ & 3 picks for a “superstar” who can’t shoot and might be too sawft for the city should be a fine offer. The Knicks would be forced to run a team ball motion offense that is better sustainable than iso Randle. Top 3 defense with Ben & Mitch the anchors. Deuce at the point of attack defensively and RJ joining that backcourt with the clamps.

Thibbs gotta be getting wood with that lineup.
Randle, NN & Kemba + 1 pick. The entire young core stays intact but I’m still selling on IQ early if necessary.

Ben, for all his faults, is an all NBA defensive talent that will win DPOY playing in a Thibbs system. Like my dude alluded to, have his role changed to rim runner & sometimes facilitate then he can give even more to the defensive edge.

Last edited:
Philly thinks they can get something more for Simmons when they can’t. They’re in a fantasy world too.
You know what putting on my thinking hat the only player that would fall into these guidelines is Paul George.. with Kawhi still out this definitely isn’t happening

Last edited:
good quarter

randle tried to get ball dominant heavy as soon as kemba went out

need someone who can reel him in on the floor at all times

I'm happy we started good but the shots we are hitting aren't sustainable. I need to see what we can create in the half court besides iso Randle

Obi cashed his first three, bricks his second and Thibs lost his mind.

Thibs sticks with Randle because he's full of negativity just like Julius. Miserable people stay together.

Back
Top Bottom