OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

One thing I noticed yesterday that hasn't happened all season, Randle deferred to RJ. Kept feeding him the ball and looking for him.

I'm trying to figure out how Fournier was the #1 option in Orlando and France all these years and looked competent doing it. Wayyyyy too inconsistent this year.

Randle always focused against Sabonis, same when he plays the Sixers/Embiid too for some reason.

Im not gonna get hype over RJ or Randle playing well against a Pacers team that played three 10 day contract guys substantial minutes.

RJ gotta have these efficient 30+ type games against the Bulls, Nets, Bucks and Heat of the league before I start believing that he can be an All-Star caliber player.

Toppin regressing cause of the treatment from the coach. Obviously losing confidence.

Last year 19-19 after 38
This year 18-20.

Still a lot of season left. I feel a trade coming towards the deadline for sure.

i don't think you'll see RJ average north of 22ppg as long as Randle is our #1 option. he has played well his usage is up and he's not just waiting for a catch and shoot 3. hopefully, him and Randle build off of last game and get this team rolling. i liked that Randle was trying to get RJ the ball more, which helps both of them. i still think RJ could've easily gone for 40+ though.

Fournier seemed like such a good signing, but again he's a rhythm player that needs the ball. he's not a catch and shoot player. he should be playing Burks's role now, but Burks has it on lock.

Obi should have had all of Taj's minutes last night. Thibs is killing his development...

only reason indiana came back last night was bc randle completely isolated RJ in the third and wanted to make sure he got his points too

not that i want him taking those shots all the time but there was def a good number of times randle looked RJ off when he was wide open behind the arc in the third last night

-Thibbs was yelling for Julius to give up the rock to a guard.

-Likens Thibbs to Larry Brown how demanding both are when it comes to their point guards.

-There’s no minutes restrictions if you’re starting for him. With that said, Obi will be 25 coming off his rookie contract. You think he’s sitting around for 9 mpg?

-Kemba’s knees can’t handle a full time schedule so what does Thibbs plan on doing about that?

He keeps putting guys out there that aren’t pgs out of some foolish ideology. Randle was great not running the team I& letting RJ take the lead. Maybe he doesn’t have to play the whole game too.

This team isn’t winning a ‘chip this yr. Let the kids play asshat.

Last edited:
knicks reddit undefeated :lol:

76AD64A5-C0EE-415F-B447-4FCEAFEEC0FD.jpeg
8221B36C-BC05-4229-9833-D7EA51B28B97.jpeg

Fournier seemed like such a good signing, but again he's a rhythm player that needs the ball. he's not a catch and shoot player. he should be playing Burks's role now, but Burks has it on lock.

Obi should have had all of Taj's minutes last night. Thibs is killing his development...

on point. fournier is not a terrible player. leave him out there 30 minutes to get 2 pts when he has the capacity to do much more. i'm convinced he's not being used properly and/or has little left to give this coach the way the offense is set up.

i can see obi included in a trade package. seems he's being treated as if he were expendable / not being taken seriously. 9 minutes of play in the last game is ******* depressing

Obi is 100% the first to go. I’m sure it’ll be a Noel, Obi, and McBride type package for Turner.

Mitch hasn’t been consistently starting for us, so I’d say Turner
Good luck convincing him to be the backup. Mitch is definitely the consistent Knicks starting center.

Wouldn’t move on from Mitch for Turner tho despite the offense upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom