OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

I really wasn't for drafting Obi but now that we have him he doesn't get any significant minutes to see what he's got.

when i read that statement about not playing cam i thought it was dumb... the rotations are already set but here we are on a 3 game losing streak... what benefit is there to keep the current rotation? burke needs to be benched and a few other guys... the problem is even if we dont make the playoffs and have the lottery pick we never draft for need... nothing against obi but we needed a PG badly and you pass on haliburton...you draft obi who you refuse to play because of randle... so what was the point in drafting obi to begin with? i feel like regardless of the front office we always mess up the draft...

Y’all really starting to make me believe that all the talk was right about Knicks fans not being patient enough for an actual rebuild.

Every time we encounter a rough stretch, a lot of y’all are calling for sweeping change. Are you all too young to remember how we used that technique for a decade plus and ended up with an inflated salary and no talent.

You keep on swapping assets, the value of those assets are naturally going to decrease. You keep moving coaches in and out, and those young guys who y’all yell to get playing time are gonna get tossed on the court with even less guidance and get toasted. Would that be good for their confidence?

How many years are we into this front office? It gets harder and harder to stomach this thread. You ****** wallowing in misery. Remember when we won 17 games a few years ago.

Chill out. Development is never linear. Changes will happen over time, but if the front office operated the way the fanbase seems to want, we would have maxed out Porzingis and started Frank.

And stop setting yourself up for disappointment with Cam. I’d love to be wrong, but he’s not about to come in and change the offense. Hell, he might not even deserve to get the minutes people want to see him play yet.

It’s cool to sit back and appreciate the process. Every instance doesn’t have to be a suggested move that we should make. I cant believe y’all forgot how much **** that got us in from 00-10.

During those years we traded picks for washed big names and overpaid scrubs. We never actually had real talent. Outside Zbo and Marbury, and couldn't even make that work, when clearly Zbo was much better on every team after that.

This team has talent and it's being wasted away on piss poor performances. No one here expected an ECF or championship. We just want a competitive team with young talent and build on previous seasons with a similar core. But once there is no effort (mainly from overplayed vets) and once a coach is too stubborn to make changes those are huge red flags.

It's ok to trade an overvalued player (Randle) while some team out there still values him.

It's ok to move on from a recycled coach when his flaws hold a team and its development back. This was his same flaws in Minnesota. In Chicago he had a MVP, life was simple, but he overplayed him till injuries. The red flags were always there.

We haven't even heard a peep from Leon since he took over. Not one press conference. I think the fans deserve to know what is the direction of this team?

The team has talent and is being terribly managed by the coach. It's "leader" is never held accountable. Thats a cause for concern, I don't think it has to do with a lack of patience, because we're not actually rebuilding.

I completely agree that you need to try to win games to properly develop. But once again all of this teams issues fall on 2 people.

Y’all really starting to make me believe that all the talk was right about Knicks fans not being patient enough for an actual rebuild.

Every time we encounter a rough stretch, a lot of y’all are calling for sweeping change. Are you all too young to remember how we used that technique for a decade plus and ended up with an inflated salary and no talent.

You keep on swapping assets, the value of those assets are naturally going to decrease. You keep moving coaches in and out, and those young guys who y’all yell to get playing time are gonna get tossed on the court with even less guidance and get toasted. Would that be good for their confidence?

How many years are we into this front office? It gets harder and harder to stomach this thread. You ****** wallowing in misery. Remember when we won 17 games a few years ago.

Chill out. Development is never linear. Changes will happen over time, but if the front office operated the way the fanbase seems to want, we would have maxed out Porzingis and started Frank.

And stop setting yourself up for disappointment with Cam. I’d love to be wrong, but he’s not about to come in and change the offense. Hell, he might not even deserve to get the minutes people want to see him play yet.

It’s cool to sit back and appreciate the process. Every instance doesn’t have to be a suggested move that we should make. I cant believe y’all forgot how much **** that got us in from 00-10.
Bro ... no one is asking for and Overhaul. I'm not even sure how you came up with this assessment.

What I'm asking is for a proper and full rebuild. Not patch work where we are competitive enough to not be bad but not be good.

We are screaming for youth development, not bench purgatory.

We aint developing **** and our assets are going to be **** of we continue to pay journeymen to come in and have all the playing time while we don't develop the youth, **** their psychic and then when they play bad, act like their aren't putting the work needed.

Thibs playbook is an outdated style of basketball and it shows. I would prefer Thibs on a team with established vets than Rookies.

His lack of accountability, his constants remarks, his previous assessments all indicated that he's not the long term solution.

Im not saying blow it up. I just want development. I don't think there's a coincidence that Kenny left and a lot of thesd rookies regressed.

We tried the tanking and complete rebuild. Luck is not on our side. We either drop in draft position or make the wrong pick. See consecutive Frank, Obi, Knox picks. See Zion draft, etc.

I'm fine with what the front office is doing. Trying to stay competitive. But we clearly reached a ceiling with Randle as a player and Thibs as a stubborn coach who relies on vets and cant manage a game properly. One if not both have to go.

Not looking for a complete overhaul or a rebuild.

I just think a lot of us are overreacting after a unexpectedly good season. Feels like a lot of fans have set last year as our floor, and don’t have the patience to let the roster go through some growing pains.

The front office can’t reroute every time things get shaky.

I think Thibs is doing a good job of developing RJ, Quickley and Mitch. It’s too early for me to judge how he’s played Sims and McBride. Obi is just a weird case.

After the last decade tho, I can deal with some inconsistencies with the hope that eventually certain players will develop better chemistry when we’re floating around .500.

this rebuild has turned into something else. it was working last season when they were playing together and winning, but the differences this season are stark. the team doesn't feel like it has the same unity as last season and i blame the weird vibes caused by the coach's covering for randle over others despite his lack of involvement and attitude.

this coach has had several opportunities to turn this around, yet has stuck to a formula that doesn't really adapt to quick changes in the game including altering rotations to fit the needs of the game, frequent substitutions, drawing up smart offensive plays, channeling the energy of the young players in an effective manner.

this win now attitude is really unbalanced for this teams progress this season

Exactly. A win now attitude is fine, but what exactly are you doing to win now? Over playing vets is clearly not working.

To Thibs credit, we do have way too many players that deserve to play. So I 100% expect a trade where we move multiple rotational pieces.

I just think a lot of us are overreacting after a unexpectedly good season. Feels like a lot of fans have set last year as our floor, and don’t have the patience to let the roster go through some growing pains.

The front office can’t reroute every time things get shaky.

I think Thibs is doing a good job of developing RJ, Quickley and Mitch. It’s too early for me to judge how he’s played Sims and McBride. Obi is just a weird case.

After the last decade tho, I can deal with some inconsistencies with the hope that eventually certain players will develop better chemistry when we’re floating around .500.
Good job?

He played them out of necessity.

I think there are certain things that have fallen on his lap.

Grimes is another dude that got a chance out if necessity.

Obvioisly, these kids can ball and play D but yet he rather run 8 and play them excessively than spread some minutes around.

It’s just perpetual negativity.

You gotta give someone some credit somewhere guys.

I’m just preaching patience. To each their own tho, of course.

It’s just perpetual negativity.

You gotta give someone some credit somewhere guys.

I’m just preaching patience. To each their own tho, of course.
Give credits to most of the players that are staying ready ....

Calling out faults and clear bias is not perpetual negativity ... we are just stating facts.

How come RJ was called out for playing poorly, but Randle entire game and demeanor is poor and not a single criticism, just praise??

Lets be real.

this dude Mitch needs to play in one of these :lol: :smh:

51tRw-mEKLL._AC_UX385_.jpg

you think leon had words with thibs?
there's a bunch of young players out there right now and i'm shocked

Back
Top Bottom