OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

I think y'all are wild for how deep the critisicms go and how emotional both sides seem to be.

I didn't like that he was on his phone at the presser is really the type of stuff that's wild.:lol:

It can't be enjoyable to constantly be focusing on and trying to point out negativity. That's just how it feels in here. Maybe if everyone chilled out and it was less tense, things might maybe move a little more smoothly here.
don’t understand how you as a fan can be invested in this team but also don’t want anyone to point out what’s going on within it

if you don’t care as much or you’re disconnected from what’s going on, that’s fine

but to try and spew the sentiment that we’re constantly overreacting and shouldn’t be as critical as we are is dumb

if the valid criticism of randle is too much negativity for you then it might be time to move on man :lol:

I think y'all are wild for how deep the critisicms go and how emotional both sides seem to be.

I didn't like that he was on his phone at the presser is really the type of stuff that's wild.:lol:

It can't be enjoyable to constantly be focusing on and trying to point out negativity. That's just how it feels in here. Maybe if everyone chilled out and it was less tense, things might maybe move a little more smoothly here.
End of the day it's just fans discussing fan **** in a fan thread. Seems like you're adding more emotional weight and responsibility for your mental well being to this simple **** like something else is going on, you might need to step away for a bit. No judgment, we're all human and the little microaggressions add up and the resentment can be misdirected. I've been there.

i agree this thread can be negative at times but the randle slander is 100% accurate...i really did want him to succeed and was praising the extension they gave him this summer... but he has fallen off hard after the first week of the season... his stats/demeanor are terrible compared to last year... and the straw that broke the camels back is lack of interest in the game and his attitude around the team in general is just terrible... i honestly dont know how thibs and the front office can overlook his behavior and tolerate that.... its disgusting really

Nah Randle deserves the slander.

Randle is blatantly playing with no effort. Blatantly disrespecting his teammates. Calling a spade a spade isn't toxic when everyone from fans to the media notices it. The fact we can notice it at home is bad in itself.

It’s one thing to act like this. It’s another to act like this and be *** on the court. His attitude and overall demeanor are magnified bc he’s playing bad and seemingly dgaf, when other guys on the team would give anything for the minutes Randle is playing. Dude plays without any consequences for his actions, yet others get pulled for shooting a 3.

basketball is the only sport i watch.
at this point it's one of the few connections i have to my hometown.

i've been negative af this season in this thread because i was really excited and looking forward to seeing the team grow. then it dissipated with the poor leadership and actions of the "star" player & coach. i think most knicks fans outside of this thread feel the way some of the vocal knicks fans feel inside this thread.

Last edited:
when you look at free agency and we picked up kemba and fournier who are clear upgrades over bullock and peyton and keep the same team as last year you would think this team will be just as good if not better than last year...and it looked great for the first 5 games and then after that it hasnt looked good...its just disappointing thats all...and with the trade deadline and the upcoming tough schedule are we sellers? we arent even in playoff contention and not even .500 and the east in general is a lot better than last year...its going to be tough from here on out... cant really expect for drose to come back and all of a sudden we are good again lol

WtH are fans suppose to talk about?

Asking for a friend.

Well there are Warriors fans that want Ayesha to stop fcking steph on game nights bc his shooting is off, while we’re annoyed that our “star” player is ordering door dash while talking to media.

Yeah, those two things weren’t intended to be related, I came in just to post the article and saw the state of the thread and gave my thoughts.

I’m not saying you all shouldn’t be critical. This is the problem. I’m just pointing out the realistic outcome of this level of scrutiny for a professional athlete. I think we have a right to be upset, but we also have to be aware of how it turns off players. We had one halfway decent season, and it’s like we don’t know how to deal with an inconsistent team and inconsistent players.

I genuinely think that, if we gave the team a bit more room and didn’t give the national media crumbs to turn into giant stories about the toxicity of New York, it might be a bit easier for dudes to play more loose.

If we want that really to be our identity as a fanbase, cool. Just know the chatter about the franchise doesn’t end at us.

Sidenote: this doesn’t really apply to this thread as much as it does the fanbase as a whole.

I hope dudes don’t take offense, just my perspective.

Last edited:
Oakley coming out with a book or something?
I heard a small part of his interview this morning in the breakfast club and I believe he is.

I just know he said Jordan is the GOAT, Kobe is not even close to MJ or Lebron and that he would want to get in the ring with Shaq.

I can't remember anything else.

Yeah, those two things weren’t intended to be related, I came in just to post the article and saw the state of the thread and gave my thoughts.

I’m not saying you all shouldn’t be critical. This is the problem. I’m just pointing out the realistic outcome of this level of scrutiny for a professional athlete. I think we have a right to be upset, but we also have to be aware of how it turns off players. We had one halfway decent season, and it’s like we don’t know how to deal with an inconsistent team and inconsistent players.

I genuinely think that, if we gave the team a bit more room and didn’t give the national media crumbs to turn into giant stories about the toxicity of New York, it might be a bit easier for dudes to play more loose.

If we want that really to be our identity as a fanbase, cool. Just know the chatter about the franchise doesn’t end at us.

Sidenote: this doesn’t really apply to this thread as much as it does the fanbase as a whole.

I hope dudes don’t take offense, just my perspective.
Man, if Randle was doing bad, but showed effort, and a good attitude, Im sure we would be ****ting on him but not to this magnitude.

Dude is a default leader, and his energy is what the rest of the team feeds from ...

I personally lost my interest in him and to thumb down his fanbase was the nail in the coffin.

Mega stars have come to NYC and have gotten the same treatment, this subpar bum could go kick rocks.

Windhorst was probably right. They are probably going to focus on moving Kemba, Burks, and maybe Fournier

Not going back several pages all I know is Randle could leave now. It’s one to thing to struggle but his energy and attitude suck and that’s inexcusable for any player especially the “leader” and face of the team.

i agree this thread can be negative at times but the randle slander is 100% accurate...i really did want him to succeed and was praising the extension they gave him this summer... but he has fallen off hard after the first week of the season... his stats/demeanor are terrible compared to last year... and the straw that broke the camels back is lack of interest in the game and his attitude around the team in general is just terrible... i honestly dont know how thibs and the front office can overlook his behavior and tolerate that.... its disgusting really
Y’all not seeing how many homeless/deranged men making front page news that look like Randle in the past couple of months… Randle’s issues is a publicity issue

I don’t even want to watch because I know it’ll just make me mad that we missed him by 1 pick 😭

Back
Top Bottom