OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

These games are just going to be confirmations that Kemba & Evan were mistakes. Thibbs never wanted them but Fournier seemed to have turned things around (until the 2nd half and ot) so he gets real pt. Kemba had a good showing yesterday while he was available.

And RJ continues to show flashes of greatness to come. The true #1 pick

FK5F3mfX0AYqtZ6

Funny, Mitch was being trashed in here for having a bad game & he was the only starter with a plus plus minus, word to Clyde.

GM 🧢
Looking at the the NBA landscape for players that are on the move soon, or possibly wanting out, this roster needs some serious addition by subtraction to acquire a couple key cogs to satisfy all.

Again, Grant out of Detroit in place of Randle is an upgrade that comes with a shorter contract. The man guards 1-5. No one's depending on him to be the 1st or 2nd option like Julius shouldn't be.

Utah's big duo are fighting again & Donovan wants to come home. Let him run point or the 2. Multiple ball handlers available that can actually share the ball effectively by then.

Randle, Kemba, Fournier, NN, IQ & Luka plus whatever damn picks it takes for Spida & Grant. Thibbs can work with that. Grant is already elite at what coach likes to run. The rest of the kids get to play. Cream rises to the top so Deuce & Cam will earn their starter spots unless traded in a bad move.

That's too drastic to go down at once esp at the deadline. They need drastic tho. That was a drastic letdown last nite.

Last edited:
Funny, Mitch was being trashed in here for having a bad game & he was the only starter with a plus plus minus, word to Clyde.

GM 🧢
Looking at the the NBA landscape for players that are on the move soon, or possibly wanting out, this roster needs some serious addition by subtraction to acquire a couple key cogs to satisfy all.

Again, Grant out of Detroit in place of Randle is an upgrade that comes with a shorter contract. The man guards 1-5. No one's depending on him to be the 1st or 2nd option like Julius shouldn't be.

Utah's big duo are fighting again & Donovan wants to come home. Let him run point or the 2. Multiple ball handlers available that can actually share the ball effectively by then.

Randle, Kemba, Fournier, NN, IQ & Luka plus whatever damn picks it takes for Spida & Grant. Thibbs can work with that. Grant is already elite at what coach likes to run. The rest of the kids get to play. Cream rises to the top so Deuce & Cam will earn their starter spots unless traded in a bad move.

That's too drastic to go down at once esp at the deadline. They need drastic tho. That was a drastic letdown last nite.
+/- is only referenced to show how bad Julius is or how good Frank was.

This the hoodie Spike wore?

The Cavs got Levert for a 1st and two second rounders. Would've much rather given up that 1st and some other things for Levert so we could at least have a PG instead of for Cam to rot on the bench.

Rubio's expiring was huge. We might be able to pull off something similar next year with that Mavs pick and we have 3 expiring contracts worth 10M+

Lots of flexibility

I honestly don’t even care about wins or losses anymore. It’s a wrap.

I just care about RJ continuing his progression and stellar play. So proud him, he’s shocking me.

And I care about Reddish and the rest of the youth getting minutes. That’s it. Those thing alone will make me happy.

PS - (Oh and getting rid of the Julius contract within the next 6 months)

Patiently waiting for Rose to turn Fournier & other + picks into Spida.

Some y’all finally waking up to what time it’s been like Coupé It Coupé It just now. This draft class is special. And Cam is supposed to be better than RJ. Even if he never gets there, he’s got the tools to be at least the Lamar Odom to RJ’s channeling of Kobe.

Add in Deuce, Grimes, Sims, Joku and Mitch & that the RYC.

Some y’all finally waking up to what time it’s been like Coupé It Coupé It just now. This draft class is special. And Cam is supposed to be better than RJ. Even if he never gets there, he’s got the tools to be at least the Lamar Odom to RJ’s channeling of Kobe.

Na. I’ve been on the “play the youth” thing for a while.

I was one of the few who here didn’t want to give Randle near the Max (unpopular during that time) because I thought it would mess up flexibility.

I’ve been wanting to play the young guys, get some picks, and ALWAYS have available cap room.

I’m a massive Cam supporter but he was NEVER in RJs class man

Doesn’t mean he shouldn’t get minutes.

He has potential to be a solid 18 ppg, 3 and D guy.

Right but he said he’s supposed to be better - he isn’t. It’s ridiculous he isn’t playing and they need to be running sets for him/putting the ball in his hands regardless.

GMs before the draft said that Cam had the highest ceiling IF he could put it together. However looking at the season at Duke where he was fine being the 3rd option showed a lot of GMs that he just doesn’t have that killer attitude.

Right but he said he’s supposed to be better - he isn’t. It’s ridiculous he isn’t playing and they need to be running sets for him/putting the ball in his hands regardless.

Oh I see.

Mister meaner types like he’s on adderall all the time. (I applaud it btw :lol:)

I can’t even keep it most of the time. My bad :lol:

GMs before the draft said that Cam had the highest ceiling IF he could put it together. However looking at the season at Duke where he was fine being the 3rd option showed a lot of GMs that he just doesn’t have that killer attitude.

He doesn’t and I love the kid. He’s not an alpha - nothing wrong with that, still a role for him in this league

He doesn’t and I love the kid. He’s not an alpha - nothing wrong with that, still a role for him in this league

I mean I’m sure we all remember Kobe saying that Lamar was as good as him if not better but he was just “too nice.” And yea this maybe the same situation. But if he could turn into a 3 point shooting Lamar then **** sign me up.

Back
Top Bottom