OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

Without Mitch we’re basically a 20 win max this year. He does more good than bad. Only negative I have about him is injury history.

Really sucks we gave Noel that contract though. Paid the wrong guy.

Without Mitch we’re basically a 20 win max this year. He does more good than bad. Only negative I have about him is injury history.
our defensive rating with and without mitch on the floor says otherwise

all of last year, our defensive rating was only one point higher whenever he wasn’t on the floor

this year it’s two points exactly

i like mitch well enough to have him back on the right deal but his actual impact on the floor has always been overrated

when Mitch is on the floor, players think twice when driving into the paint. he alters a lot of shots, even if he doesnt block them. he's also our best rebounder, especially offensively. he may not be a low post scorer, but i'm cool with a Gobert/Capela type at C.

We don’t even have a PG and he’s capable of 15-12-3 nights. The eye test tells us much differently when hes on the court. Plus he’s like our only lob threat.

Another ankle surgery for Rose. Just shut it down.

This will be interesting now, Kemba already shut down.

when Mitch is on the floor, players think twice when driving into the paint. he alters a lot of shots, even if he doesnt block them. he's also our best rebounder, especially offensively. he may not be a low post scorer, but i'm cool with a Gobert/Capela type at C.

But then he gives up a **** ton of offensive rebounds. So hence why it’s close to a wash.

then enjoy watching Noel and Gibson. typical knicks fan logic...we have a serviceable player thats apparently not good enough to bring back, but there's some upgrade out there that never ends up on our team anyway.

if you look at Randle's numbers, his stats are pretty good. his impact on the floor and team is horrendous.

then enjoy watching Noel and Gibson. typical knicks fan logic...we have a serviceable player thats apparently not good enough to bring back, but there's some upgrade out there that never ends up on our team anyway.

if you look at Randle's numbers, his stats are pretty good. his impact on the floor and team is horrendous.
sims is already just as good as mitch with a way better frame for his position and way more athleticism

what are you gonna say when we’re paying mitch $25mil a year for inconsistent play and only being available 70% of the time?

shut it down

Aint no way the FO didn't know about this ...

They probably knew this was coming, talk to Kemba and apologize for the way Thibs handled him and told him to shut it down and save himself which he agreed and didn't make any trades on purpose....

Now they looking at Thibs like are you gonna play the rookies?

I don't think Duece and Simms going to the G league so much was/is a Thibs idea. More like Rose and FO keeping them fresh and developing them where they can vices wasting them in the bench.

Mitch has had some unfortunate injuries that have hampered his summer development but now you can count on him to stay in the game most nights without foul trouble. Takes a while for athletic bigs to learn that part of the game. Everything else njavier03 njavier03 said. He’s the anchor back there.

To think cats are capping the growth of a 23 yr old. Some y’all might be bigger basketball turds than I thought. Sims is not better right now than Mitch. 🛑 They the same age while one skipped college & the other needed 4 years to be buried behind Taj Gibson.

Back
Top Bottom