OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

i saw that on twitter. **** is awful. hopefully, his pops is alive and well. i can't imagine how Mitch is feeling...

On a lighter note:

According to a “leaked” pic we are supposedly getting another variation of the black jersey next year.

:nerd:

Looks like it’s fading from blue to orange on the side panels. All orange font.

1645591231375.png

Seriously,

There are guys like Charles Barkley, Richard Jefferson, Stephen A Smith, Durant, Fox etc. that have consistently and continually mocked this team, but we have a lasting chant for a kid that never disrespected the city and just showed up and balled out.

Randle was more disrespectful this season to us and last game there was already MVP chants again. Lmao

yeah i’m def not thinking about trae young like that when julius randle is still on my basketball team

This upcoming rotation change will have the team gunning for the play-in & momentarily saves his seat. Despite all the *******, in the short term, Tom will be good for these dudes. Start whoever idc just give alladem equal time & the cream will rise to the top.

Still see Deuce, the Dukies & Mitch (🤞 still here hopefully) to get those heavy minutes eventually. Grimes 1st off the bench.

Obi & the 4 spot is & is going to be complicated.
Need to see him get a real shot for a whole season. And then he’ll need another season to judge how he responds. **** u Tom for being simple & stubborn. Coulda been going through these stages.

That said, this team cannot see the light of day next year. GM 🧢 from untouchable to don’t let the door hit ya;

RJ-Cam-Deuce-Mitch-Grimes-Sims-Obi-Rose-Taj-Burks-Luka-Randle-IQ-Evan-Kemba.

The last 4/5 gone, replaced by my guy Grant or another similar contract & caliber of player + cap relief & picks is what Rose should be angling. Jerami figures to elevate the defense that has also dropped its weakest links. Thibs would be on board for that.

Right on time for 4th yr RJ to truly take the reigns. Cam’s skills & upside should get him ~15 shots per. McBride the general leading the defensive efforts and giving you more than Kemba & 🧝🏾 could ever in 2022.

Flexibility, Obi, Zion, and more will be the conversation soon enough. Randle doesn’t see out his contract in NY if he gets healthy out there in NO. Obi 🤷‍♂️. Need to see him get a chance to grow.

2022-23 will still be competitive and back to a playoff contender. The team goes as far as RJ takes them. He’s shown himself to be a student of the game. Never scared of the moment cuz he’s prepared for it. Clutch. 21 yrs old.

Cam’s time to put it together. Underutilized his whole career starting from college. Far from the finished product of course. He’s got some catching up to do. He’ll be better for being with RJ again oddly enough. 22.

And Deuce is a dawg out there. Stingy on the defense. Once he gets a chance to have the game slow down he’s gonna snatch that starter spot. Knicks found the guy. They gotta grow him. 21.

Squad is in good hands with these 3 ball handling. Let them grow together.

Randle just needs a new home. He’s too much of a crutch for this coach and getting in the way too. He can recover his trade value with a nice play-in run performance.

Just found out Mitch & I are Bday twins. Untouchable.

Don’t think Joku comes over next year but I hope they keep him stashed to eventually wear orange and blue. 🥬 make the 2021 draft a memorable one for the Knicks. 4/4 as all are looking like gems that need polishing.
This is a weak draft coming so pls no more tanking with the vets.

Back
Top Bottom