OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

Liked everything I saw today. A little too many Taj minutes, but glad the young ones played well.

Could care less about the W.

I realized Obi got vision when he dropped that dime to Sims a few games back. You would think he's just a big jumper with zero basketball ability the way he stays glued to the bench. I can't wait to see what he can become when he gets free and plays with a real PG. Him and Mitch stand the most the gain from having a real floor general out there

did RJ grow? he's almost the same height as Taj and Obi and both are 6'9

great game by Obi. made the most of his opportunity. maybe he starts the rest of the season...

Hey guys, Thibbs probably not going anywhere now. Thanks to Steve Kerr

4D000A7D-AAE2-41E7-88A9-E6542887F585.jpeg

Last night was absolutely beautiful basketball to watch with ~30 assists. Good teams consistently enjoy those numbers.

Julius has to go. If he was able to work up a sweat and play without looking over his shoulder, that would be Obi’s typical stat line.

Youth movement is the best thing going & it’s a pity what it took to get them all out there together.

Im not getting excited over 1 game .... i know if we finally go to the youth, there will be a lot of growing pains and frustration but I'm down.

Happy to see Deuce shooting well last night

Obi was balling. He’d have 16 rebounds if he boxes out :lol:

RJ :pimp:

People praise Ja Morant whenever he had 30 points on 25 shots while they criticize RJ on the similar stats… Disgusting

Fournier is a good passer. Better than I thought

I hope Grimes finds his shooting back

Cause MF look at flash and somehow equate potential to greatness ....

But facts are RJ has been balling ... however some of the games have been just ugly even if he has been producing.

I think he needs to work on his shot selection, but he also doesn’t get a lot of calls and he’s probably exhausted from all the minutes Thibs has him playing.

RJ takes a lot of bad shots because he's super confident now so he's letting everything fly. I'll take this version with some wild shots and a lot of aggression over the version that started the season scared to shoot, unable to attack, and deferring every game. Hes playing like he feels like he's the man, and that's the best thing for now imo

Thibs is such a ******* hypocrite..... can't stand his *** ....

“Practice first. You have to practice well first. Then if you play one minute, 10 minutes, five minutes, you got to play well when you’re on the floor,” the coach said on Sunday. “The unit has to play well. So it’s not one particular play. You can make one great play – if you have one great play and you have nine plays that are hurting the team, that’s not helping the team.

“So it’s how the team functions. You doing your job. It’s understanding what your job is, understanding all the details of every team, every scheme is, and how you fit into the team and play to win. Sacrifice your game for the team. All those things go into it.”

Yet Randle can make x amount of TOs, take a bunch of bad shots, miss a bunch of defensive assignments and have an attitude with the fans the refs and most importantly your coaching staff and team and yet .... everything is ok.

**** this MF.

I like that he’s gotten a better feel for tempo when he’s driving or going on a fast break. He’s creating contact and getting some calls now. Next step is to keep that FT % above 80% next year. He’s regressed a bit this year but he’s shooting around 71% which isn’t horrible but not what you want your primary wing scorer to be.

This is related to RJ that is.

Cats really critical of RJ right now need something better to do 😭

Zero doubt the kid is fatigued & working HARD for his.

Deuce fitna make him look better too.

Back
Top Bottom