OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

Let me rephrase then. Your basketball acumen is dog**** so if you think one think & I think another, I feel better.
mad weird behavior that you seem to think i’m the only one that never agrees with your bad takes but if you really thinking of me like that then go off i guess :rofl:

^ nah u just the poster child for that dumb ****

You really wanna sit here and pay Brunson 20 mil per to be the best player next szn?

Ok

We go from outcries to play the kids to outcries to sign an undersized point guard.

I really think part of the issue is a real lack of patience. We always think someone else’s player is the perfect fit here and he can slide right in.

Give Brunson his money and it doesn’t click the way y’all want it to, the reaction is gonna be dramatic as hell looking at how some Knicks fans acted this year with a ‘down’ season after last year. I remember winning 17 games not long ago.

This **** reminds me of when everyone didn’t want to trade Gallo and Chandler and Mozgov for Melo. Or when Lowry was available and we didn’t want to trade Shump. We need to stop overvaluing our young players when someone better is available.

It doesn’t matter how much you develop a player. If the player doesn’t have it, it doesn’t matter.

Outside of RJ, everyone here is replaceable. RJ can go to if he wants the max.

I think that’s the difference.

The guys in the front office have a different philosophy and are working with different information than we have.

That’s why I don’t get deep into the speculation.

And I’m not saying don’t sign Brunson, but we legit do the same thing every year putting all our hopes into a guy we probably won’t get and who, if we did, wouldn’t really change the makeup of the team.

Ima sit back and let the off-season play out with minimal opinion on the decisions until I can see the results.

Don’t get me wrong.

im ALL for playing the young guys. But it seems as tho the organization plans to keep Thibs around.

if that’s the case, might As well get someone who is more suited to the coaches likes.

I don’t think he wants to run McBride or quick as the starting 1. I’m actually sure of it, with the amount of starts Burks got.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with seeing a player perform in the playoffs and come to the Thread to say

“hey I would like this guy if we can get him”

some of us take others opinions too personal. Or they see a post as an invitation for a debate every single time.

sometimes it’s just a random thought.

idk just just my opinion.

We go from outcries to play the kids to outcries to sign an undersized point guard.

I really think part of the issue is a real lack of patience. We always think someone else’s player is the perfect fit here and he can slide right in.

Give Brunson his money and it doesn’t click the way y’all want it to, the reaction is gonna be dramatic as hell looking at how some Knicks fans acted this year with a ‘down’ season after last year. I remember winning 17 games not long ago.
Exactly my point 100%

Dudes critique and **** on our draft picks before they get to play and then gaze at someone else players drafted in the same spot as ours after 4 years of development.

Them move the goals post as to why this and that .. dudes cant be taken serious.

No one here is claiming we have an All 1st Team NBA ... what I have called is for development and go from there.

Like I said, we pay Brunson and he comes and be **** then we should of have know undersize, played for a contract, over paid, bad contract and so on ....

Like I said this is not to say Brunson is a scrub or is not worth it. Just tired of reading the same BS all the time.

Obi went from OMG what are the Knicks doing to ... not going to lie Obi is balling I take what I said back when he was also balling during meaningless minutes.

**** is absurd.

This **** reminds me of when everyone didn’t want to trade Gallo and Chandler and Mozgov for Melo. Or when Lowry was available and we didn’t want to trade Shump. We need to stop overvaluing our young players when someone better is available.

It doesn’t matter how much you develop a player. If the player doesn’t have it, it doesn’t matter.

LMAO ...

So you're bringing up Melo into this? Even in hindsight we can see how atrocious that trade was for the Knicks. We should of have waited and got him in the offseason, but true to form .. we wanted instant gratification.

Already posted the tidbits on him regretting his decisions this szn when it came to playing Deuce and co.

Gotta give JB his props, he did good out there & won them the game.

Still don’t need a 25 yr old Jalen Brunson to lead this team with RJ still just 21.

There are no guarantees in free agency. Melo was gonna come just like Lebron was gonna come and Kyrie and KD and the list goes on.

You have a chance at a player that takes you to the next step you make that move.

I don’t got the energy to go back and forth with these two anymore.

One guy keeps posting videos of some old dude who pretends to read the body language of our front office and makes these dumb wild predictions based on some random quote. Just because the guy talks in a slow motion and has a YouTube channel doesn’t mean he knows wtf he’s saying either.

Another guy thinks Deuce is the second coming of Gary Payton and developing 30 year olds will lead us to the promise land.

I give up. Leon Rose do something.

What do you mean by leading the team? Brunson isn’t gonna come here to be our franchise player. He’s here to run the offense and elevate the team.

I don’t got the energy to go back and forth with these two anymore.

One guy keeps posting videos of some old dude who pretends to read the body language of our front office and makes these dumb wild predictions based on some random quote. Just because the guy talks in a slow motion and has a YouTube channel doesn’t mean he knows wtf he’s saying either.

Another guy thinks Deuce is the second coming of Gary Payton and developing 30 year olds will lead us to the promise land.

I give up. Leon Rose do something.
No one said Duece is the goods ... just said your goofy with your takes ...

Stop being sensitive... if you cant have a conversation, say that ....

Stop trying to be singular for lulz ... I have said I want development over blowing up the team for a player that's not going to do ****.

You said we need to pull the trigger for a game changer and again, I ask what did Melo do? How did that work. Are you saying Brunson is a game changer??? LMAO .. then we talk about takes.

And lets not pretend if we had drafted Brunson with at 34th overall and he would of have been bench you would of have been calling for playing time, you would have dismissed him as trash like you done with every other player.

Last edited:
naw, we cant play the "what if scenario" every time, just to fit the narrative. Brunson is a better PG than Burks, IQ, Rose, and Deuce. that is a fact. CAN IQ or Deuce become better? maybe. but like i've said before, we are a year removed from being the 4th seed and just played a whole season without a real PG. the FO is going to want to build on that. that 4th seed prematurely pushed us out of rebuild mode. Leon/Scott/Thibs isnt going to go into another season hoping someone on our current roster figures it out at PG, bc if they fail thats another year wasted. so regardless of how high you want to (over)value our guys, they're not that good (yet).

You mean the players who shouldn’t have been traded. There’s a very good chance Shumpert would’ve further developed on another team before he met Teyanna.

naw, we cant play the "what if scenario" every time, just to fit the narrative. Brunson is a better PG than Burks, IQ, Rose, and Deuce. that is a fact. CAN IQ or Deuce become better? maybe. but like i've said before, we are a year removed from being the 4th seed and just played a whole season without a real PG. the FO is going to want to build on that. that 4th seed prematurely pushed us out of rebuild mode. Leon/Scott/Thibs isnt going to go into another season hoping someone on our current roster figures it out at PG, bc if they fail thats another year wasted. so regardless of how high you want to (over)value our guys, they're not that good (yet).
Rebuild.. where. The only position they need help with clearly can’t be developed by Knicks trainers.

Signing JB will come at some cost. I just don’t think he’s worth the money or the minutes in a rotation full of youts with just as much if not more potential.

Deuce is the goods. Ninjas stood on Franks frail *** whole time but won’t give the former QB a shot. His vets & coaches see it. One week Obi is the worst player, the next he’s leading the team in scoring.

Calm the clittles for a while & give both IQ & Deuce a shot. Eventually the right lineups should shake themselves out. IQ coming off the bench.

Word is Melo ready to make his return.

964531CE-B75C-4933-8CF4-B11B38D93D1B.png

Signing Melo would be cool if we were a contender, i don’t know if he should waste his time if we aren’t but i Can see him joining if he wants to retire after next season

Just gotta thank the lucky stars the 🏀 gods & their trash coaching staff & gm that RJ fell to the Knicks. Whatever player he compares to, he’s got Mamba mentality & is built like a tank. Durable.
Hoping some of that work ethic rubs off on Cam. That was/is his biggest concern. All the tools to be THE guy.

And Deuce got the dawg in him as stated. Also durable & plays tough nose defense. Not French.

Those really the ball handlers they need to develop more.

I would like some luck this yr with another top 3 pick. Hopefully not tanking & fighting to the end earns some more favor. This is the last lotto I wanna visit in a while.

They can do both develop & make the post season.

Back
Top Bottom