OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

for the record I dont want to give up grimes but you know ainge and all his requests... he probably wants our next 10 draft picks and all our young guys

sure thing

2021 bucks - bobby portis & pj tucker both acquired through signings and were great role players during their finals run

2020 lakers - rondo 8/4/6 during their finals run
KCP averaged 10 points during their finals run and was acquired that year

2019 raptors - signed marc gasol mid-season and averaged 9/6/4 during the finals run

2017/2018 warriors - kevin durant signed there bc of their existing talent

there’s way more examples of this through the history of the league but this is just teams that actually won

it’s not a hard concept to grasp and has literally always been that way

to think you’d rather hold onto picks when we can’t draft and cap when no one ever comes here is beyond me :lol:
BP was my guy, still mad we let him go :smh:

BTW ...

ballinsam23 ballinsam23
floodarea floodarea

And anyone else cool with mortgaging everything for Mitchell.

Regardless of what happens, we are all going to be here.

Whether it be ecstatic, miserable, *****ing, point fingers, rubbing it on other NTers face .. saying I told you so ...

We are Knicks fans for better or worst and we been here before. Just hate to see the team finally making strides .. clearing our books and getting assets to just say yolo all over again.

We havent had this in a long ******* time. So yes Im hesitant.

But again, no mattwr what happens.. Im here with ya ...

Slept right through this SL game.

Hoping for a better game from #2, being the qb & floor general, after getting to these highlights.

Grimes should have sat this one out tbh. He’s making a claim for starting minutes. No need to risk injury over SL.

Sims is awesome. Has time to grow now too being behind Mitch & Hart. He’s a natural pf so I would hope he gets some time there too.

I don't blame him ... he still working on the Ivey trade. He should take his time to see how that pans out.
Pull ya skirt down b.

You was crying like a scorned *** that night & it was rather pathetic.

I might’ve tried to put some sense into the air.

It was clear as **** they were working up to the 11th hour on that kid.

But if u wanna continue sucking ****, i guess be my guest.

Quentin Grimes 22/6/4 and yet again the best player on the floor here in Vegas. I’m going to trust there is a good reason why they keep running him out there with everything going on. This may or may not be the ‘Bargaining’ step in the 7 Stages of Grief.

Pull ya skirt down b.

You was crying like a scorned *** that night & it was rather pathetic.

I might’ve tried to put some sense into the air.

It was clear as **** they were working up to the 11th hour on that kid.

But if u wanna continue sucking ****, i guess be my guest.
Ironically you're the one
Pull ya skirt down b.

🤣

Don’t look like Leon is the getting fleeced type neither.

Another reason that might linger throughout the summer.

Ainge is a conman.

Bottom line, we are the ones with the advantage. That's why it makes no sense to jump out the window and thirstily give Danny Ainge what he wants. For Utah, the cats out the bag. You brought Danny Ainge here specifically to do what he did in Boston...rebuild. Donovan knows they want to start over as well. Danny Ainge wants to try to get this done ASAP so as to fleece us with his demands. It was already reported that the Knicks declined, but they later made a counter offer that they felt comfortable with....one that has not been responded to as of yet.

So now we wait. Leon is gonna just sit back and watch Danny become desperate. Donovan will become disgruntled and eventually it will leak that he wants out. And Utah will either have to accept some other team's weak *** package (ie. Tyler Herro and 2 1st round picks) or accept our superior offer.

By all accounts, it appears Donovan coming is inevitable. Right now is the waiting game. And just hoping the Knicks aren't ******ed and aren't offering up the wrong pieces with their counteroffer

Bottom line, we are the ones with the advantage. That's why it makes no sense to jump out the window and thirstily give Danny Ainge what he wants. For Utah, the cats out the bag. You brought Danny Ainge here specifically to do what he did in Boston...rebuild. Donovan knows they want to start over as well. Danny Ainge wants to try to get this done ASAP so as to fleece us with his demands. It was already reported that the Knicks declined, but they later made a counter offer that they felt comfortable with....one that has not been responded to as of yet.

So now we wait. Leon is gonna just sit back and watch Danny become desperate. Donovan will become disgruntled and eventually it will leak that he wants out. And Utah will either have to accept some other team's weak *** package (ie. Tyler Herro and 2 1st round picks) or accept our superior offer.

By all accounts, it appears Donovan coming is inevitable. Right now is the waiting game. And just hoping the Knicks aren't ******ed and aren't offering up the wrong pieces with their counteroffer

Spot on. Excellent art of negotiation here.

The Knicks do have the leverage, for NOW. Everything changes once Mitchell gives a list of "preferred" destinations. Then it's all Hell breaking loose. But, IDK if Miami can offer a better package. They don't have the picks or assets.

Trade that exact haul for Kevin Durant.
What I have been saying.

If you're trying to do a monumental trade and send that haul, why not for KD?

Only a few teams close to what we have and most are on rebuild mode, we already have the pieces .... so we can take a bigger risk ...

What I have been saying.

If you're trying to do a monumental trade and send that haul, why not for KD?

Only a few teams close to what we have and most are on rebuild mode, we already have the pieces .... so we can take a bigger risk ...

Agree with you here. If we’re clearly going for it in terms of being a competitive playoff team, then that haul (would have to include Randle) makes sense for KD, not for Donovan.

We absolutely have to go for Donovan. But we don’t have to go overboard to acquire him either….

For RJ? Hell no. Don’t even think the Jazz want him with the way they’re tanking.

So it really might come down to Grimes and/or Obi. We have to get ready for for that possibility.

Why bid against ourselves if we don’t have to? So no need to throw the kitchen sink… nobody can match our draft picks + young talent in a trade… I know Miami can’t beat our deal… OKC maybe but they are content with the rebuild…I agree though this is a trade we have to make… just not sure if it should be for everything we got… I think the deal gets done but it will drag for a while because Leon doesn’t just want to give in and trade any and everything for Donovan

Back
Top Bottom