OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

Someone give me an alternative that'll make us a competitive team for the foreseeable future.

Seems like y'all just want to tank, hold cap space, and strike out on superstars every 4 years

It started with LeBron in 2010

It's ****ing 2022

When do you realize that doesn't work in NYC?

Sorry but we'll never be the OKC Thunder or even the Miami Heat

Players go there because it's less pressure and because of the CULTURE

Rose is trying to build a CULTURE here

Mitchell actually WANTS to come HERE

Leon will get him at his price

What's so hard to understand?
it’s blows my mind fr

as if everyone in here been absent from what’s been going on the past decade

the fact that so many people are just cool with doing exactly what we been doing and failing at is the funniest **** ever :rofl:

My issue is I just don't think Mitchell is that good.

But there isn't exactly a long list of players of his caliber linked to us or possible for us to obtain. I'm not so committed to any one of those guys that I'll be heartbroken to lose anyone in particular, just don't give them all away plus all the picks.

I'll come around to Mitchell I'm sure and he'll be immediately the best player we've had since.. Melo? Jesus we suck. Go trade for him asap please.

donovan mitchell is not a free agent next year like melo was when we traded for him

dolan traded out of fear that melo would go somewhere else in the off-season and we weren’t working from any point of leverage which is why the package for him was so inflated unlike now

there’s zero rush to get this deal done and zero pressure from our end as of now
What's being offered in the trade appears both inflated and rushed. I'll agree to disagree that DM is worth what's being offered. If he wants to come he'll come when he has the opportunity wether it's now or later. Knicks are desperate and start blushing and getting sweaty palms everytime an attractive star looks at them. Lessen the price of the trade and I'm looking at it differently.

Sup guys?

Haven't posted in here in a while.

I see the usual suspects are posting the same bad takes and the same knowledgeable guys are still keeping this thread alive :lol:

Anyway...this is what the roster is looking like heading into the season or at least what I'd like it to look like (trade rumors aside):

Brunson/D.Rose/McBride
Grimes/Quickley/Fournier
RJ/Cam/Hunt
Randle/Obi
Mitch/Sims/Hartenstein

Randle & Fournier gotta go and I wouldn't mind seeing Quickley/Cam/McBride/Sims moved, if necessary, to make a trade work.

I'm not that excited about a Spida trade tbh. If we can get him while still holding on to Grimes, Obi & Mitch that would be great. RJ has to be untouchable.

I just wanna see Grimes, RJ, Obi & Mitch stay here and develop more than anything at this point.

Last edited:
Sup guys?

Haven't posted in here in a while.

I see the usual suspects are posting the same bad takes and the same knowledgeable guys are still keeping this thread alive :lol:

Anyway...this is what the roster is looking like or at last what I'd like it to look like:

Brunson/D.Rose/McBride
Grimes/Quickley/Fournier
RJ/Cam/Hunt
Randle/Obi
Mitch/Sims/Hartenstein

Randle & Fournier gotta go and I wouldn't mind seeing Quickley/Cam/McBride/Sims moved, if necessary, to make a trade work.

I'm not that excited about a Spida trade tbh. If we can get him while still holding on to Grimes, Obi & Mitch that would be great. RJ has to be untouchable.

I just wanna see Grimes, RJ, Obi & Mitch stay here and develop more than anything at this point.
Welcome back man

What's being offered in the trade appears both inflated and rushed. I'll agree to disagree that DM is worth what's being offered. If he wants to come he'll come when he has the opportunity wether it's now or later. Knicks are desperate and start blushing and getting sweaty palms everytime an attractive star looks at them. Lessen the price of the trade and I'm looking at it differently.
the problem is that you and so many other people in here are seeing these rumors swirling and you’re making up your own interpretations in your head instead of reading what’s actually being reported

there’s been zero reports of any offers that the knicks have made to the jazz at this point. only what ainge has asked for/is looking for

but so many of y’all see reports come out that say “jazz looking for 8 first round picks from the knicks” and start acting as if the picks are already gone and whatever they asked for the knicks are just giving us without discussion or negotiation

personally, i don’t see us giving out anymore than five first round picks

the player package will be grimes, mcbride, obi, and iq i’d imagine

if you value that group of players more than a 25 year old three time all star then so be it but at least let the trade happen before you start overreacting and complaining

the problem is that you and so many other people in here are seeing these rumors swirling and you’re making up your own interpretations in your head instead of reading what’s actually being reported

there’s been zero reports of any offers that the knicks have made to the jazz at this point. only what ainge has asked for/is looking for

but so many of y’all see reports come out that say “jazz looking for 8 first round picks from the knicks” and start acting as if the picks are already gone and whatever they asked for the knicks are just giving us without discussion or negotiation

personally, i don’t see us giving out anymore than five first round picks

the player package will be grimes, mcbride, obi, and iq i’d imagine

if you value that group of players more than a 25 year old three time all star then so be it but at least let the trade happen before you start overreacting and complaining
I jumped the gun falling for click bait this morning :lol: yall coulda said that after my first post rather than trying to justify that bs click bait. My bad yall :rofl: I thought we was men in here.

Just say y'all enjoy homegrown mediocrity versus a chance to be competitive.

LEBRON JAMES had to go to Miami with Chris Bosh to join DWYANE WADE to win a championship

KEVIN DURANT had to go to the Warriors to win.

We're in no position to draft a Giannis because we for one don't draft well and for two it's hard to be THAT BAD consistently in NEW YORK

To be completely honest this organization has been set back 100 years because of this

1657899755585.jpeg

Just say y'all enjoy homegrown mediocrity versus a chance to be competitive.

LEBRON JAMES had to go to Miami with Chris Bosh to join DWYANE WADE to win a championship

KEVIN DURANT had to go to the Warriors to win.

We're in no position to draft a Giannis because we for one don't draft well and for two it's hard to be THAT BAD consistently in NEW YORK

To be completely honest this organization has been set back 100 years because of this

1657899755585.jpeg
Curry woulda been traded 2 years into bad ankles for the next shiny thing. :lol: Not against DM just the trade aspect price. None of them AS mentioned were traded for either, they went where they wanted to go.

Curry woulda been traded 2 years into bad ankles for the next shiny thing. :lol: Not against DM just the trade aspect price. None of them AS mentioned were traded for either, they went where they wanted to go.
Exactly.

We don't draft well and no one wants to come here :lol:

I love when people say it’s hard to be bad in New York.

Aside from 2013, we’ve literally been bad every ******* year. Like I must have missed when we’ve been anything but a joke.

Exactly... you look at the last 20 years we were a joke aside from Melo first 3 years...it went all downhill after van gundy left and when Dolan became owner

it’s blows my mind fr

as if everyone in here been absent from what’s been going on the past decade

the fact that so many people are just cool with doing exactly what we been doing and failing at is the funniest **** ever :rofl:
Apparently you have been absent, trade all your picks and youth for a star and hopefully it works out. 10 yeara later we talking about time we have our own picks.

Not sure where have you been but we seen this before.

I just keep reading our youth is trash our picks are trash yet you have a CEO that built a contender saying ... well all your fans **** on your picks and youth, so let me do you a favor ... ill send you a 3x all star in his prime for everything.

But yet we dont get. Wonder how many stars went to Utah, oh but we in NYC bad.

the biggest difference between the Melo trade and the potential Donavan trade is that we're not mortgaging our entire future this time. we actually acquired multiple future FRPs that will be used in the trade. for Melo, we gave up everything. we literally put all of our eggs in one basket and hoped it would lead us to the promise land.

i dont have any issue with trading our extra picks and some players for an all-star. i get that there arent any other big names available, but i just dont think that Donovan is the right fit.

my stance would be different if we didnt sign Brunson. that combo of a backcourt is not a good one. adding Donovan isnt going to thrust us into a top 3 seed or ECF, so why rush it?

you're right, all-stars want to play with all-stars. if we acquire this one, we cant afford another one. Brunson, Donovan, RJ, and Randle will all be making 25mil+ per season once RJ gets his extension. Mitch then has his 15mil or whatever. how are we going to afford another all-star?

Apparently you have been absent, trade all your picks and youth for a star and hopefully it works out. 10 yeara later we talking about time we have our own picks.

Not sure where have you been but we seen this before.
DAWG we’ve literally had our first round picks for EIGHT of the past TEN years what are you on

please tell me what we have to show for our last EIGHT first round draft picks since that’s the strategy you’re so keen on sticking with

any new banners?
any superstar players acquired or traded for?

idk why you’re acting like actually owning our picks is some newfound territory that we’ve never been in before bc it’s NOT

:rofl: :rofl::rofl:

i’m literally cackling rn that you’re so oblivious to what has been going on in front of your eyes the past decade

what do you not understand about us not being good at drafting. the picks don’t mean **** if they’re not positioned well and we don’t draft well (which i remind you again, we do not)

and the way y’all cling onto that melo trade from over 10 years ago *****ing and moaning like it crippled our franchise is so tired and try hard man :lol:

not to mention that trade produced the most consistent success we’ve seen in the past 20 years :lol:

you gonna tell me stat with one eye, felton, gallo, and wilson ******* chandler were taking us to the promised land??

foh :rofl:

DAWG we’ve literally had our first round picks for EIGHT of the past TEN years what are you on

please tell me what we have to show for our last EIGHT first round draft picks since that’s the strategy you’re so keen on sticking with

any new banners?

idk why you’re acting like actually owning our picks is some newfound territory that we’ve never been in before bc it’s NOT

i’m literally cackling rn that you’re so oblivious to what has been going on in front of your eyes the past decade

what do you not understand about us not being good at drafting. the picks don’t mean **** if they’re not positioned well and we don’t draft well (which i remind you again, we do not)

and the way y’all cling onto that melo trade from over 10 years ago *****ing and moaning like it crippled our franchise is so tired and try hard man :lol:

not to mention that trade produced the most consistent success we’ve seen in the past 20 years :lol:

you gonna tell me stat with one eye, felton, gallo, and wilson ****ing chandler were taking us to the promised land??

No but if they kept those guys and then signed Melo in the off-season we would have been more competitive. And if melo didn’t want to wait till then then **** him.

any new banners?

you gonna tell me stat with one eye, felton, gallo, and wilson ****ing chandler were taking us to the promised land??

And we we actually hit in KP and we hit in RJ.

Frank and Knox were BS. But we could of have had Mitchell if we could of have had Mitch and Bridges or SGA. Stop acting like we been stinking it up or there's no possibility.

You are also acting like we aren't good at drafting when that regime is long ******* gone and we have drafted decent for the position we had.

Again, the thing with you is that you try to be quirky while dismissing others point of view.

There are many outcomes to the situation.

Melo is not the only situation ... bad contracts also ****** us over because we didnt have cap.

Is not black and white. This is pretty much split down the middle ...

And trying to be quirky like you ...

What new banners is Mitchell is going to bring. A star player???

We talk about offering all that for KD and you jump out saying NETS will never .... yeah ok.

PS ... im cracking here that you think youre a savant and everyone else is wrong.

When we finally made and had cap space we struck out on KD and KI but we aquire good pieces and were 4th seed. Before that we still were recovering from the BS contracts and bad deals from a decade ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom