OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

Tell me why exactly do they absolutely have to go for Mitchell? Are they pressed for time?

Jazz want Mitchell gone.. Ainge want to rebuild. We can offer 4 unprotected and Grimes, Cam, Rose and still be the best package. Leon used to work ownership to maximize players pay. He should say ....**** no. You think Miami has a better package go for it.

Gave up 5 seasons picking Frank over DM and now gonna give up the next 5 to get DM, sounds down right Knickerbockerish.

Gave up 5 seasons picking Frank over DM and now gonna give up the next 5 to get DM, sounds down right Knickerbockerish.

Look at where we draft and who we draft. We really tryna win 30-40 games a year to end up with another Knox, Obi, Frank, Jordan Hill, Gallo, Shump, etc?

Not trying to give up any and all possible future moves for DM and 50 wins maybe.

Gotta think bigger.

We always had trouble getting that first major piece. Getting Donovan, with Brunson/RJ/Randle can lead us to getting the next all star. All stars want to play with each other in NY, not alone. We just need the first domino to fall and if the team is exciting and competitive again, we’d be in a much better position to make that next splash.

Because we’re never going to tank, or tank right.

So we need to go after star power. Stars love stars.

Plus, it's not like the Knicks have ever used a pick correctly in recent memory. Best pick they've had since Ewing is probably Barrett and the jury's still out on him. I don't mind seeing seeing DM play in MSG this Fall.

Gotta think bigger.

We always had trouble getting that first major piece. Getting Donovan, with Brunson/RJ/Randle can lead us to getting the next all star. All stars want to play with each other in NY, not alone. We just need the first domino to fall and if the team is exciting and competitive again, we’d be in a much better position to make that next splash.
I've already been there and SAW that with the Melo trade. Just another desperate move by the fo to give up all that for a disgruntled star. Reliance on AS's teaming up is the way the league works so I get why people want it to happen.

I've already been there and SAW that with the Melo trade. Just another desperate move by the fo to give up all that for a disgruntled star. Reliance on AS's teaming up is the way the league works so I get why people want it to happen.

Amare was the first piece to fall, then others (Melo, Tyson, etc) started noticing. Too bad he was 25% of himself.

I think we need to keep Rose tbh. Players love Rose and if we want to attract other marquee players, we could use him to recruit. I’m cool with a guard rotation of Brunson, Donovan, Rose, and whomever as long as they’re a shooter. I still think our perimeter defense will be atrocious, but if we can score 150ppg **** it lol

Gotta think bigger.

I mean if it was only this simple.

If/Once we get DM, that's it. We hit or Cap, our youth is gone and we have no picks. For argument sakes a disgruntled star wants out and list us ....

At that point who do we offer? We have no picks to bargain .. Randle/RJ?

Like why we paint stuff as being that simple and even then what make you think it will work out?

I get what all of you are saying, we have to try. But man .... if this **** goes sour, we are going to be ******.

Amare was the first piece to fall, then others (Melo, Tyson, etc) started noticing. Too bad he was 25% of himself.
Everybody we got was 25% of themselves :lol: and the experiment failed miserably. Like with the Melo trade you have no future once this doesn't pan out. I'd take DM don't get me wrong just not at Utahs asking price.

Someone give me an alternative that'll make us a competitive team for the foreseeable future.

Seems like y'all just want to tank, hold cap space, and strike out on superstars every 4 years

It started with LeBron in 2010

It's ******* 2022

When do you realize that doesn't work in NYC?

Sorry but we'll never be the OKC Thunder or even the Miami Heat

Players go there because it's less pressure and because of the CULTURE

Rose is trying to build a CULTURE here

Mitchell actually WANTS to come HERE

Leon will get him at his price

What's so hard to understand?

Explain how this is a completely situation please?
donovan mitchell is not a free agent next year like melo was when we traded for him

dolan traded out of fear that melo would go somewhere else in the off-season and we weren’t working from any point of leverage which is why the package for him was so inflated unlike now

there’s zero rush to get this deal done and zero pressure from our end as of now

:rofl: it's not that people don't understand its that they're not feeling it. At least I'm not, won't speak for anybody else.

Back
Top Bottom