OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

1664230145668.png

^ the sad thing is with all the vets on the team rose, randle and fournier that means very little playing time again for grimes, iq, obi and cam... I think iq, grimes and obi will play but 10-15 min each if they are lucky while cam will get that knox treatment...you make grimes untradeable for donovan but yet he doesnt start over fournier just makes no sense... the only obligation to rose, randle and fournier is their contracts so you are forced to play them unfortunately... thibs is a defensive coach but wont put grimes in that starting lineup is also laughable

^ the sad thing is with all the vets on the team rose, randle and fournier that means very little playing time again for grimes, iq, obi and cam... I think iq, grimes and obi will play but 10-15 min each if they are lucky while cam will get that knox treatment...you make grimes untradeable for donovan but yet he doesnt start over fournier just makes no sense... the only obligation to rose, randle and fournier is their contracts so you are forced to play them unfortunately... thibs is a defensive coach but wont put grimes in that starting lineup is also laughable
Derrick ain’t playing more than 15-20 min & you named two other vets of a 10 man rotation.

Evan is on the trade block with an expiring contract. Idc about him as his tenure is almost over.

Randle will have a chance to recoup some trade value w/ less time on the ball. He himself already said he won’t be handling as much with JB so yay to that.

Everyone else is 26 or younger. Obi will be getting more pt as well. So yea, I’m not very worried about vets taking all the mins. The young guys, perhaps even Sims & Deuce, will get their chance at this rotation.

Derrick ain’t playing more than 15-20 min & you named two other vets of a 10 man rotation.

Evan is on the trade block with an expiring contract. Idc about him as his tenure is almost over.

Randle will have a chance to recoup some trade value w/ less time on the ball. He himself already said he won’t be handling as much with JB so yay to that.

Everyone else is 26 or younger. Obi will be getting more pt as well. So yea, I’m not very worried about vets taking all the mins. The young guys, perhaps even Sims & Deuce, will get their chance at this rotation.

evan got 3 years left on his deal with the last year being a team option... not exactly an expiring but I can see him getting moved if we add a first round pick to the deal

evan got 3 years left on his deal with the last year being a team option... not exactly an expiring but I can see him getting moved if we add a first round pick to the deal
2 actually w/ team option on the last but ya, not expiring this yr.

Still an attractive contract for a team that needs shooting.

Who knows if they’d have to attach a pick as it depends what they’re taking back as well.

Capture.JPG

Cam gotta be more aggressive it seems like. Like everyone has been saying, he's got the tools but he gotta want it. I would love to see him like a Latrell Sprewell type of player.

There’s a reason he was considered as having the highest potential in his draft class but question was his motivation. His combo of size and skills is not questioned. Motivation though….

Id like to start Cam or Grimes, but it may be best to start Fournier and trade him for a late first to a contender around deadline

There’s always going to a teams lining up for one of the better shooters in the league

Back
Top Bottom