OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

Drose + 15
Kemba -23

I don’t think putting rose as a starter is needed …. But I do feel like this starting 5 don’t mesh at all

the 5 should be rose, quick, rj, randle and toppin

but i see why rose is on the bench... hes a great spark off the bench... cant play heavy minutes cuz hes injury prone

roster wise we are a better team than last year... but with new players it takes time for chemistry... some teams experience that winning success early but with us it seems like a process...obviously we got a better team than last year with kemba and fournier but it hasnt translate to wins... so what im saying is we might not hit our stride until after the mid way mark similar to last year when we started to win and have winning streaks... i could be wrong but what im saying is be patient with this team the wins will come

roster wise we are a better team than last year... but with new players it takes time for chemistry... some teams experience that winning success early but with us it seems like a process...obviously we got a better team than last year with kemba and fournier but it hasnt translate to wins... so what im saying is we might not hit our stride until after the mid way mark similar to last year when we started to win and have winning streaks... i could be wrong but what im saying is be patient with this team the wins will come

i hope so. regardless of the names on the roster, the productivity on the court has regressed.

Are we a half court team or a transition team?

With the starters we're a half court squad and a bad one at that. Randle isos far too often. Mitch can't elevate. I hardly see Kemba/Fournier playing off of each other like in Boston which was part of the reason we acquired them in the first place.

With the second unit we're uptempo, leak outs and quick threes. The starters can't replicate it because they're lazy, slow footed and can't turn defensive effort into easy points and they don't make the extra pass. These guys actively ignore each other on offense at times.

This starting lineup has to go. Randle has to go. It really doesn't matter what he does because who he is as a player is more than apparent. He has been figured out by the league as a whole.

I'm also annoyed that everyone been calling for RJ to be 1st option on offense just because he had a couple random hot games. The boy can't score, point blank period. Still has no handle, and still can't break down his man 1 on 1. He scores when he gets an open shot from a lockout and that's about it. That is not 1st option worthy. We need a 1st option....ASAP

I'm also annoyed that everyone been calling for RJ to be 1st option on offense just because he had a couple random hot games. The boy can't score, point blank period. Still has no handle, and still can't break down his man 1 on 1. He scores when he gets an open shot from a lockout and that's about it. That is not 1st option worthy. We need a 1st option....ASAP
it hurts that this is so accurate

was really praying for RJ to take an all-star type leap this year

This Randle slander hurts me, he does do dumb **** but he really needs that vocal PG/SG vet that’s going to share the court with him and take control. Kemba and Evan ain’t that Vet type. Most of our team is to passive in the Vocal department. We have a bunch of “soldiers and no real “leaders” with the maybe exception of Taj.

Last edited:
This Randle slander hurts me, he does do dumb **** but he really needs that vocal PG/SG vet that’s going to share the court with him and take control. Kemba and Evan ain’t that Vet type. Most of our team is to passive in the Vocal department. We have a bunch of “soldiers and no real “leaders” with the maybe exception of Taj.
Unless that point guard comes in a form of Lebron, KD or maybe Westbrook ... dude aint listening. He thinks he is a mega star!

Dude keeps talking about he needs to do better etc and he thinks that's ISO and difficult shots.

I just want Randle and the rest of the starting 5 to play better

so we could trade him, kemba and fournier in the off-season, Mitch before the trade deadline.

Thibs never addresses Randle's BS. Since last season...so we might be past the point of no return on that

Back
Top Bottom