:::[Official] Oakland Raiders 2010 Offseason Thread::: Report: Justin Fargas Cut!!!!!

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

You just had to take my format didn't you..For I second there I thought to myself "when the hell did I make a Raider thread?"...

ya i did
laugh.gif

You just had to take my format didn't you..For I second there I thought to myself "when the hell did I make a Raider thread?"...

It doesn't look like Jamarcus is going anywhere.
And I really don't know about any of QB's we have being our guy for the position, even though Bruce did show up in the little time he played.

I think we need to just cut our losses with him. Dude has no motivation to be good, and the fans don't deserve to be miserable by having him shoved downour throats.

And keep Tom Cable. One of the reasons we can't get out of the rebuilding phase is because there's a new system every god damn year.

And for the love of god, upgrade the right side of our offensive line. I'm 170 lbs. and I'd do a better job than Cornell Green.

BayBuryYa wrote:

And for the love of god, upgrade the right side of our offensive line. I'm 170 lbs. and I'd do a better job than Cornell Green.

our o-line has been a major issue for years and nothing is being done about it
mad.gif
our running game is deadly again if this area gets improved

Originally Posted by BayBuryYa

I think we need to just cut our losses with him. Dude has no motivation to be good, and the fans don't deserve to be miserable by having him shoved down our throats.

And keep Tom Cable. One of the reasons we can't get out of the rebuilding phase is because there's a new system every god damn year.

i know cable was trying to save his own !%% but made a valid point when he said that he could have gotten this team to the playoffs if he wasnt soloyal to jamarcus. maybe not the playoffs, but there were plenty of winnable gms, and if the raiders kept jeff garcia, they would have had a chance.

Originally Posted by BayBuryYa

I think we need to just cut our losses with him. Dude has no motivation to be good, and the fans don't deserve to be miserable by having him shoved down our throats.

This.

Cut JaMarcus, really. Or promise him that he if doesn't show up to camp in shape he will be gone, guaranteed.

Draft proper linemen, find a way to unload Fargas and focus on Bush/McFadden.

Lean on Heyward-Bay to work on his catching. Because this is an uncapped year, we could probably cut him too, but I feel like one year is too early to give up.

Throw in a vet to battle with Gradkowski for the first string QB position.

Keep Cable one more year.

Find a good MLB.

I can't think of anything else. And I'm convinced Al will do none of these things.

Candid Cam: JaMarcus Russell's Vegas vacation?

By Cam Inman
Oakland Tribune columnist
Posted: 01/05/2010 04:55:08 PM PST
Updated: 01/05/2010 06:11:56 PM PST

Quarterback JaMarcus Russell watches from the sidelines as his Oakland Raiders in the first...

Read more from Cam Inman
Related
Jan 5:

Monte Poole: Raiders coach Tom Cable's a good football man -- and he should go

Oakland Raiders, coach Tom Cable foresee better days ahead
Oakland Raiders' 2009 report card

TOP TEN reasons why Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell would skip Monday's final team meeting to go on a Vegas vacation:

But first, this disclaimer: Why Vegas, you ask? Because a reader, who commented on my Tuesday column to ditch Russell, claimed Russell was in Vegas at The Palms hotel. This came within 24 hours of the team meeting that coach Tom Cable excused him from for "personal" issues. I called The Palms and they confirmed a "JaMarcus Russell" had checked in as a guest. Is it really him? The Vegas gossip scribes will fill us in soon. My Twitter followers are abuzz with this news.)

No. 10: To find out if he can throw money around as easily as interceptions.

No. 9: To test the airport's new security measures with his big diamond earrings. (I got a tweet claiming airport security indeed made Russell take off his giant studs.)

No. 8: To launch his new diet: Nothing but Vegas buffets, baby!

No. 7: To film a sequel to, "The Hangover." Maybe he's stealing Mike Tyson's tiger as a training method to prepare for blitzing defenders next season.

No. 6: To go on blind dates with nightclub hostesses that Tiger Woods recommended.

No. 5: To place a bet on which day Cable would get fired by Al Davis.

No. 4: To use the Elvis Wedding Chappel (which, come to think of it, indeed might make for an "excused" absence from the Raiders).

No. 3: To serve as Javon Walker's bodyguard this time.

No. 2: To see how fast he

Advertisement

fumbles his chips when he gets crowded at the craps table (pocket pressure, Vegas style).

No. 1: C'mon, nothing is more "personal" than a trip to Vegas.

Look for Cam Inman's Web-only "Candid Cam" takes whenever there's a breaking sports story, or whenever Cam's got something to say _ in short, just about every day. You can reach Cam at [email protected]. You can follow him at twitter.com/CamInman.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/search/ci_14128243

Originally Posted by kayZEEzay

I say keep Cable one more year
truth. cowher will be available next year. if cable can't do anything next year then move on and go all in on cowher.

I say we go after Vick and try and run a good wildcat(or something of that variation) with him and Dmac.

if cable can't do anything next year then move on and go all in on cowher.

I can't see Al giving Cowher enough power for him to go there, I don't think Bill would want to be in the same organization with Davis

Get rid of him. Dude is garbage. What other QB's do you guys have, though? Vick>Jemarcus, btw. Try an pick him up.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

Originally Posted by kayZEEzay

I say keep Cable one more year
truth. cowher will be available next year. if cable can't do anything next year then move on and go all in on cowher.

I don't think Cower wants to coach the Raiders nor to I think Davis wants him as a coach. Davis tends to go away from the big name head coach.

I think the Jim Harbaugh talk is extremely interesting. I would want to see him take over if Cable is gone.

Who are the linemen we can look to grab in the draft, though?

Back
Top Bottom