:::[Official] Oakland Raiders 2010 Offseason Thread::: Report: Justin Fargas Cut!!!!!

What's it like to be standing on the field when 20,000 70,000 fans BOOING screaming in the stands?

"I tune it out. What's going on around me is what my mind's locked on."
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

... meanwhile Bruce Gradkowski is at the raiders practice facility training for 2010. http://player.theplatform.com/ps/player/pds/xJQFZGKlnR&pid=3CIaaUJxt0LcRa2f7Bsvj68yoX7XsXuAhttp://player.theplatform.com/ps/player/pds/xJQFZGKlnR&pid=3CIaaUJxt0LcRa2f7Bsvj68yoX7XsXuA

Bruce should be our guy in 2010. I say we draft an offensive lineman in every round of the 2010 draft in hopes of finding Bruce some protection and Mcfaddensome blockers.

nfl_g_bgts_576.jpg

fantasy_u_mcfadden_200.jpg

McFadden & Bush needed to be the key play makers this past season.
mad.gif

Why in the world did we abandon the run this season?
We need more offensive lineman to help robert gallery & mario henderson because our left side is pretty solid.
Also, a raw !++ fullback would be nice. Gary Russell/Luke Lawton/Gary Russell should have taken a backseat to Lorenzo Neal last season.

Man, I ****ing love Bruce Gradkowski. When was the last time we had someone who took it upon himself to be an offensive leader and bring real class?

Assuming we don't bring in a QB through the draft or by trade, there is no doubt in my mind that Bruce will be the starter on Week 1.

Man, I ****ing love Bruce Gradkowski. When was the last time we had someone who took it upon himself to be an offensive leader and bring real class?

Assuming we don't bring in a QB through the draft or by trade, there is no doubt in my mind that Bruce will be the starter on Week 1.

Not a Raider fan, but a big Bruce G fan. Guy is great, plays his heart out, from the MAC, and can make some plays

what is happening with cable? dude is like meeting with al davis everyday, and still no news out of alameda. wasnt he suppose to be fired last wk. i likecable, but al wants a coach that has faith in jamarcus.

Updates???
I read online that they offered coach Harbaugh the head coaching position, but he declined the offer
frown.gif

Originally Posted by TheCalculator

Updates???
I read online that they offered coach Harbaugh the head coaching position, but he declined the offer
frown.gif

Last I heard was that Al contacted QB coach of the Ravens, Hue Jackson.

Which could mean several things...the least being that Al just needed to fulfill the Rooney Rule, which I thought he did with Winston Moss,
two....is that Cable could remain as coach and Jackson will be QB coach with the objective of whipping Russell into shape
three....Cable is out and Jackson is the new head coach.

Whatever the case is, I will say that Jackson and Cable have worked together once before so maybe Tom keeps his job after all.

I hope we get a new playcaller/o-coordinator
wouldnt be mad if Cable remains head coach

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by TheCalculator

Updates???
frown.gif

Which could mean several things...the least being that Al just needed to fulfill the Rooney Rule, which I thought he did with Winston Moss,
two....is that Cable could remain as coach and Jackson will be QB coach with the objective of whipping Russell into shape

Whatever the case is, I will say that Jackson and Cable have worked together once before so maybe Tom keeps his job after all.
The thing is, Paul Hackett (our current QB coach) is considered one of the best at that position. Replacing him with Hue Jackson would be a stepback, I think, especially since Joe Flacco isn't the best thing since sliced bread.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Originally Posted by AG 47

TheCalculator wrote:

Updates???

frown.gif

The thing is, Paul Hackett (our current QB coach) is considered one of the best at that position. Replacing him with Hue Jackson would be a step back, I think, especially since Joe Flacco isn't the best thing since sliced bread.

I dig what you're saying and right now I can only speculate. All I can think of is that Alfonso is fishing for solutions to the problem that is JamarcusRussell.
I figured he sees what Jackson did for Flacco (who did look great early in the season and tailed off later) and thinks he can simulate that success here.
I'm really in the Tom Cable camp, so I think this move with Hue Jackson keeps Cable as HC. Maybe they want Jackson as an OC and not necessarily the QB
coach.

Also, Marc Trestman is supposed to be an offensive genius. I think it would be a good move to bring him back from Canada to be the OC. Although, his
offensive style wouldn't fit Jamarcus.

A lot of possibilities, but one thing remains constant and that's Jamarcus will be starting Game 1. And that's really all that matters in determiningour success.

According to Schefter:

One mystery solved -- Ravens QB coach Hue Jackson is going to Oakland to interview for the Raiders offensive coordinator job.
I hope thats what Trestman was interviewing for too. Cable definitely needs to be relieved from play calling. But I am still on for Cable as HC. The guys like and respect him, and thats more than what could be said for all of our coaches since Gruden.

By the way did anybody else see that Tyvon Branch got an all-pro vote for safties? That's pretty impressive.

Safeties
Darren Sharper, New Orleans, 46

Minnesota, Adrian Wilson, Arizona, 29
Brian Dawkins, Denver, 10
Ed Reed, Baltimore, 4
Nick Collins, Green Bay, 4
Jairus Byrd, Buffalo, 3
Bernard Pollard, Houston, 1
Antoine Bethea, Indianapolis, 1
Brandon Meriweather, New England, 1
Tyvon Branch, Oakland, 1
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

do you guys actually think that hue is going to make a difference in terms of jamarcus' play if he is our o coordinator or QB coach?

Don't forget that jamarcus showed flashes of greatness in the 08 season.

Hopefully we have another jim plunkett story on our hands
ohwell.gif

I really wish Al would just realize how useless Jamarcus is and just move on.

This stubborn old man is killing our franchise.

Cut JaMarcus, really. Or promise him that he if doesn't show up to camp in shape he will be gone, guaranteed.

Draft proper linemen, find a way to unload Fargas and focus on Bush/McFadden.

Lean on Heyward-Bay to work on his catching. Because this is an uncapped year, we could probably cut him too, but I feel like one year is too early to give up.

Throw in a vet to battle with Gradkowski for the first string QB position.

Keep Cable one more year.

Find a good MLB.

I can't think of anything else. And I'm convinced Al will do none of these things.

That's one of the top 3 concerns because in run support we're always getting killed because Kirk Morrison is always out of position
mad.gif
. I say just cut Russell also because they already paid him $32 million another $9million for him to ride the bench next season if he continues to decline really isn't gonna do us that much better.

Originally Posted by KingAJ619

Cut JaMarcus, really. Or promise him that he if doesn't show up to camp in shape he will be gone, guaranteed.

Lean on Heyward-Bay to work on his catching. Because this is an uncapped year, we could probably cut him too, but I feel like one year is too early to give up.

Find a good MLB.

I can't think of anything else. And I'm convinced Al will do none of these things.

That's one of the top 3 concerns because in run support we're always getting killed because Kirk Morrison is always out of position
mad.gif
. I say just cut Russell also because they already paid him $32 million another $9 million for him to ride the bench next season if he continues to decline really isn't gonna do us that much better.

Do you want to resign Morrison? I know he's a natural OLB so I was hoping we could get a decent MLB and move him back outside and see how thatworks...

Originally Posted by zube42

Originally Posted by KingAJ619

Find a good MLB.

mad.gif
. I say just cut Russell also because they already paid him $32 million another $9 million for him to ride the bench next season if he continues to decline really isn't gonna do us that much better.

Do you want to resign Morrison? I know he's a natural OLB so I was hoping we could get a decent MLB and move him back outside and see how that works...

I'm a big Captain Kirk fan, but its true, dude's been out of position a LOT on run plays, and his pass coverage has gone downhill from 2 years ago. Ifwe do try and resign him, hopefully he comes with a hometown discount. Trevor Scott had some promise at OLB, and I would be happy cutting Sam Williams,keeping Kirk, and drafting Rolando McClain from Alabama, and goin into the season with T. Howard (Have to resign him), Scott, Kirk, and McClain.

My offseason plans:

-Bring in a good O-Coord to call plays
-Retain Cable
-Resign Seymour, Seabass, T. How, and maybe Morrison
-Restructure/Cut Jamarcus
-Runningbacks are fine with McBushgas
-Accept Tim Brown's offer to work with Louis Murphy and DHB
-Start talking with Zach Miller about a long term deal cuz this is his final year

Draft/FA: MLB, OT, OG, DT, CB

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

According to Schefter:

One mystery solved -- Ravens QB coach Hue Jackson is going to Oakland to interview for the Raiders offensive coordinator job.
I hope thats what Trestman was interviewing for too. Cable definitely needs to be relieved from play calling. But I am still on for Cable as HC. The guys like and respect him, and thats more than what could be said for all of our coaches since Gruden.

By the way did anybody else see that Tyvon Branch got an all-pro vote for safties? That's pretty impressive.

Safeties
Darren Sharper, New Orleans, 46

Minnesota, Adrian Wilson, Arizona, 29
Brian Dawkins, Denver, 10
Ed Reed, Baltimore, 4
Nick Collins, Green Bay, 4
Jairus Byrd, Buffalo, 3
Bernard Pollard, Houston, 1
Antoine Bethea, Indianapolis, 1
Brandon Meriweather, New England, 1
Tyvon Branch, Oakland, 1
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I saw that too, son was puttin in work this season, dude had 120+ tackles.

Back
Top Bottom