:::[Official] Oakland Raiders 2010 Offseason Thread::: Report: Justin Fargas Cut!!!!!

Lol @ the thought of Bill Cowher coming here. There's a reason why we have the former coach of Idaho as our HC. No big name coach wants to come here and besubjected to the madness of Alfonso Davidson. I hope we keep Cable, but these days I'm hearing rumors of Marc Trestman and Jim Harbaugh so I'm notsure. My ideal situation is keeping Cable and hiring an Offensive Coordinator. Cable's strengths is not his playcalling ability.

As far as the draft, I want Rolando McClain. Kirk Morrison is cheeks on the field. Out of position and whiffing tackles left and right. Our LB'ers are ourweakest spot on defense.

I know a lot of yall want Eric Berry, but for the life of me, I can't understand why. We have bigger needs than safety. Our safeties actually played reallywell this year, between Huff, Branch, and Mitchell. But hell, don't be surprised if Alfonso picks Taylor Mays...I won't be.

Oh and yes, cut JaWalrus' fat !%!. It will not happen. We know how much Al Davis loves Russell. I wouldn't be surprised if Russell starts Game 1.

We should cut him tho. The team no longer believes in him and it's more than obvious.

There's no point in cutting JaMarcus at the moment.

As I understand it, we can keep JaMarcus until late in the season and cut him before a clause in his contract kicks in and we have to pay him more. It'sthe smart move, really: we get one final look at him, see if his mid-season benching made him work hard in the offseason and choose what our future at QB willbe from there.

Anyway, I'm also hoping that if Cable stays he gives up play calling. Give it to someone else who can handle that cap.

You guys should start Losman
pimp.gif
Whatever happened to McFadden?

if he works hard we'll keep'em for backup BUT as for the draft we need Ryan Matthews from Fresno State dude had 2,000+ rush yards in this past seniorseason

And I really hope we don't waste a pick on Mays, we already have Branch, Huff and Mitchell who are all playing very well.

cut jamarcus and use that money to lure gruden out of retirement
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
i know it wnt happen, but a man can dream can't he?

First off, I'd like to keep Cable. Having said that, Cable is very likely fired really soon and word on the street is that replacement candidates are MarcTrestman, Winston Moss, Harbaugh, and Kevin Gilbride. Predominantly, I've heard Trestman and Moss. I doubt Harbaugh will come here. At the very least,you can say that these guys are solid names in football. Not like Cable and Kiffin, etc.

News on Jamarcus is that, Al wants to give him a contract EXTENSION. Probably to pay him less each year over a longer period of time. A rumor is that Alcaught wind of that fat sack of crap's buns work ethic, and was pissed. So, word is that he will either accept reduced yearly pay, or Al will cut him.

Janikowski got the pro-bowl robbed from him this year. Kaeding is a choke artist. Seabass better be the all-pro kicker next year.

Madden 95? Roll with the Tecmo Super Bowl and get all the gang back together.

I'm starting to get nervous about JaMarcus. I have this awful, awful feeling that he will be with us for a long time.

I don't know if I can stomach that.

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

First off, I'd like to keep Cable. Having said that, Cable is very likely fired really soon and word on the street is that replacement candidates are Marc Trestman, Winston Moss, Harbaugh, and Kevin Gilbride. Predominantly, I've heard Trestman and Moss. I doubt Harbaugh will come here. At the very least, you can say that these guys are solid names in football. Not like Cable and Kiffin, etc.

News on Jamarcus is that, Al wants to give him a contract EXTENSION. Probably to pay him less each year over a longer period of time. A rumor is that Al caught wind of that fat sack of crap's buns work ethic, and was pissed. So, word is that he will either accept reduced yearly pay, or Al will cut him.
Best news I heard all day
pimp.gif

The only reason I'd like to keep Cable is to keep some consistency within the organization...according to the media the players seem to like him which ismore than what they've said about Art shell or Lane Kiffin, so it's a start...I'd love to see Al give up some power and just get a big name coach
smh.gif

Originally Posted by joree85

I'd really like to see the Raiders go after Michael Vick and upgrade that o-line.
I'd love to see Vick in silver and black too. One of my favorite pros of all time, but we all now he's not the answer to a single one ofour problems.

Tom Cable is a great coach, but the problem with Cable is that he has toooo many duties. He needs to be the Head Coach and give the playbook to someone morequalified to call offensive schemes. The Raiders time and time again have one of the least creative playbooks in the league.

JaMarcus Russell...when he plays well, fans cheer. when he fails, fans boo. It's typical. He needs a QB coach to help him with his mechanics and push himto be more aggressive. A lot of JaMarcus' play has to do with his laid back personality. He doesn't have the push/passion fight for a win like otherqb's in the league.

Darren McFadden...despite what most of the league says, this dude is still a problem. The reason why he has failed in Oakland is because the coaches don'tknow how to use him. McFadden has done well in games with toss and pitch plays to the outside and as a reciever he's just as good. It'd be nice to seehim as a kick returner down the road.

Michael Bush...both him and Fargas fit our type of running offense very well. When Bush is in the open, he's very dangerous. Fargas, what can I say,he's one of the hardest most physical runners next to Marion Barber.

Louis Murphy...his play speaks for itself. The kid wants to win.

DHB...give him another year and boost his confidence with short completions. He dropped some crucial passes during the year, but a lot of the media harped onhim because of his draft status.

Zach Miller...dude has been consistent since day one and is already pro bowl caliber TE.
Chaz Schillens...big reciever with good hands and awareness on the field.
We have weapons on offense yall, it's just a matter of having players and coaches connect the dots at every stage of the game.

Back
Top Bottom