:::[Official] Oakland Raiders 2010 Offseason Thread::: Report: Justin Fargas Cut!!!!!

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

I can't wait for some Raider football. I'm so desperate that I'm planning on watching all our preseason games
frown.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Raiders and Chargers will be the top two teams in the AFC West.

In that order, too
pimp.gif
Who are your WRs?  Who threw them the ball?
The QB you just acquired went 4-12 with his previous team. Campbell was  16th in passing,  Russell  was  32nd and Oakland overall was  29th.  that move alone   is a huge improvement. Whatever record the team accumulated  resulted of  team e ffort unless you believe  Sanchez  was responsible for the jets success and brees was  at fault  for  the Saints previous failure
Your offensive line is awful. Awful. Third worst in the league last season.  How do you rank  them?  If its by   sacks,   that can be attributed to  QB play  as well  as  injuries  to  Gallery and Barnes
Your rushing game was in the bottom half of the league last season. Again if  their  O-Line  is improved and  healthy,  they  have an excellent  group  of running   backs. See how great  Michael Bush  was   w/ his  limited playing  time.
You had the 6th worst defense last season. But they had   the  7th best passing defense.  If  McClain  can  prove himself a leader for the front  7 he can  change  that rush D  and create pressure.  One  linebacker  can improve a  defense tremendously.   Just look  at  what Cushing  did for  Houston. 23rd  to 11th in rushing defense in one year

Sorry. I'm doing my best to be logical and I don't see a 10-6 season in the Oakland Raiders 2010 campaign.

My point in Jason Campbell being 4-12 as a starter is just to point out that your biggest FA signing is not as much as a game changer as some of you are believing he can be. If you deny and say you've never said he's a gamechanger, then what is all of a sudden propelling your team to a 10-6 season? The sole addition of Rolando McClain?
grin.gif

Will your team be improved? Obviously, yes. 7-9 though... peak is 8-8.

laugh.gif
my dude JPZ, why you gotta try to rain on raider fans parades?
laugh.gif
There hasnt been much for them to celebrate lately, i say let them be excited and confident...we all realistically know they arent going to be a playoff contender but its not a bad thing to have positive hopes for their team especially with the departure of JaWalrus. Shoot id be excited too
tongue.gif
smile.gif

Sooo they peak at 8-8 because of their skill set, or if everything rolls their way? Honestly, this team isn't bad anymore. We'll benefit from an awful division and a weaker Chargers team.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Don't get to excited guys. I'll wait it week 8 to get excited about this team.

likewise. im very excited for this upcoming season and there is no doubt we are improved, but to say we are going to take the division is a little much at this point. i do like the confidence from some of yall though
smokin.gif

when is the last time we actually beat the chargers, 5-6 years??
ohwell.gif
sick.gif

we got them beat at least once this year though
laugh.gif
no doubt ill be at the game in SD

thursday first pre season game vs. cowgirls
pimp.gif

I wouldn't be so surprised if the Raiders got a playoff spot, as weird as it sounds. Anything can happen in football, much more so compared to the NBA. I'm mainly a Niner fan, but I don't hate the Raiders at all.
laugh.gif
I definitely prefer the Niners over Raiders anyday, but still.

BTW I posted this on the WDYWT thread. Its an undeafeted shirt that has the raiders on it...primarly lester hayes. It says play dirty on the back...pimp. Even non raider fans on the street have been givin me props. I copped it at Active in Burbank.

ebf35255e05d522a537e251f6d06dfb394bde5a.pjpg

Cool shirt.

ohwell.gif
@ Huggy bear goin to the broncos.

It's going to be weird to see him put forth the effort that he has always put forth in a different uniform.

Nonetheless, Huggy will always be appreciated.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom