:::[Official] Oakland Raiders 2010 Offseason Thread::: Report: Justin Fargas Cut!!!!!

Originally Posted by TheCalculator

Yo TheRealfolkblues you're going to UCLA, right?

What are you majoring in?

And do you mind if I ask how difficult it was for you to get in?

I applied to UCLA last fall, when I was still in HS, but I got denied.
I'm majoring in English.

I would say that getting in was difficult, but not to the extent that most people think, or at least as difficult as I thought it would be. My GPA was at 3.6 when I applied, with some extracurricular programs attached. I think being a part of the program TAP (Transfer Alliance Project, dedicated to the placement of minority and disadvantaged students into UC's) was a huge boost. Plus, I'm sure being a minority didn't look bad, considering UCLA and Berkeley practice a holistic approach to admissions.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Originally Posted by TheCalculator

Yo TheRealfolkblues you're going to UCLA, right?

What are you majoring in?

And do you mind if I ask how difficult it was for you to get in?

I applied to UCLA last fall, when I was still in HS, but I got denied.
I'm majoring in English.

I would say that getting in was difficult, but not to the extent that most people think, or at least as difficult as I thought it would be. My GPA was at 3.6 when I applied, with some extracurricular programs attached. I think being a part of the program TAP (Transfer Alliance Project, dedicated to the placement of minority and disadvantaged students into UC's) was a huge boost. Plus, I'm sure being a minority didn't look bad, considering UCLA and Berkeley practice a holistic approach to admissions.
Out of the schools I got accepted to, my 1st choice was NYU and my 2nd was a CC - TAP program.
My older sister did the TAP program and got accepted to Cal, so I am familiar with it.

the reason why I chose NYU over CC is mainly because I feared not graduating in 4 years if I went to a CC - CA has had major budget cuts and along with that, enrollment rates are higher than they have ever been in history. Combine that with the fact that I know a TON of people who are having trouble enrolling in classes in CC, at UC's and CSU's and you can understand why I chose NYU.

im about to buy a Nnamdi jersey. hope he doesnt get traded for the next 2 years
grin.gif

^^^ Damn bro, that's risky business. Nnamdi's got a ridiculous contract team option next year. If I were you i'd snag a Branch jersey or somethin.And ++@$, UCLA seems like it got a lot easier to get into nowadays than when I applied hella years ago.

swagg
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

colt actually might make the team if frye is going to be out for most of the season. maybe not though.
i think the depth chart is cambell, gradkowski, boller, colt

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

And ++@$, UCLA seems like it got a lot easier to get into nowadays than when I applied hella years ago.
This past year, there were the most college applicants in history, for most schools this year's matriculating class had their highest average SAT scores/GPA's in history.

http://www.usatoday.com/n...college-admissions_N.htm

Colleges that previously accepted all qualified students are becoming selective, while selective schools are becoming more so. Most community colleges have open-access policies, but demand for classes is so intense that many students can't get the courses they need.

^ I guess that's a good thing actually, more kids tryin to get to college.  Guess they are just gonna hafta build more schools in desirable areas.

But back when I applied, I got into all the UC's, University of Chicago, U of Wash -St. Louis, and Duke, but got rejected from UCLA
roll.gif

On another note, Veldheer starting this week at center for Satele. Hope he grabs the job. Our draft class would look that much nicer.

I'm irrationally excited for Veldheer at center. The guy just seems impossible to get past
laugh.gif
if he can master technique then I don't see how he can't be a great force right in the middle.

Originally Posted by TheGreekGangsta

swagg
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

colt actually might make the team if frye is going to be out for most of the season. maybe not though.
i think the depth chart is cambell, gradkowski, boller, colt

Dude I want Colt to make the team just so he can rock the tinted visor and look cool
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Honestly though I think it looks cool.

082610-final-camp22--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg
082410-practice15--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

On another note i just got me the White AFL Zack Miller Jersey. Its the nicest thing ever plus Zack will be around for a while cuz he can catch anything thrown his way.
SEE BELOW

anybody going to the game tonight? i'm headed to the Coliseum right now. tree and juice on deck, we too ready.
laugh.gif

Good lookin out to Tupac Jordan for that link.

BTW... am I the only one that is beyond tired of 49ers media trying to act like Alex Smith is good?? It's like... damn, just admit it that this dude is pure basura and always will be.

Back
Top Bottom