Official Oakland Raiders @ Pittsburgh Steelers Game Thread

Originally Posted by dmxfury

So having a large fan base makes you cool or what?

I was simply responding to the fact that the Steeler Nation is larger than the "Raider Nation".

I love how you put Raider Nation in quotes as if it were the fraudulent nation, compared to your Steeler nation, which I'm
sure came after.

The Steelers have the second largest fanbase behind Dallas. I wouldn't be surprised if Oakland was 3 though. Source? Myself (though I have heard that)

laugh.gif
Way to state it like it's a fact.

I respect Steeler Nation. I understand that the Steelers have many, many devoted fans across the country.

However, just as your convinced of your source's accuracy, I am equally convinced that my source (also myself) is correct in saying that Raider Nation isbigger. There are a myriad of stories about Raider fans traveling in bunches all over the country to see them play. Raider Nation has had a documentary madeabout it, even. I wonder if Steeler Nation has had similar kind of coverage?

I love how you put Raider Nation in quotes as if it were the fraudulent nation, compared to your Steeler nation, which I'm
sure came after.

Coined by NFL films around the same time (early 70's), not sure which was technically first. I do like how we are all just citing ourselves though,that is good stuff
There are a myriad of stories about Raider fans traveling in bunches all over the country to see them play.

Yeah, and I see that stadium filled every week......well maybe they only go to away games?

And there are NO stories at all about the Steelers fans at away games, the networks never talk or show that just about every week.

In all honesty, just giving you guys a hard time, I do miss the days of the rivalry, by far the fiercest rivalry the NFL has ever had.
pimp.gif

Real quick, from Wikipedia, which is less reliable than myself as as source, but found it funny. Notable Steeler fans
President Barack Obama,[sup][33][/sup] rapper Snoop Dogg,[sup][34][/sup] actors Burt Reynolds[sup][35][/sup] and Michael Keaton,[sup][36][/sup] former MLB pitcher Curt Schilling,[sup][37][/sup] former CIA Director Michael Hayden,[sup][38][/sup] legendary professional golfer Arnold Palmer, talk show host Rush Limbaugh,[sup][39][/sup] Bishop Thomas J. Tobin of the Diocese of Providence, Rhode Island,[sup][40][/sup] country music legend Hank Williams, Jr., [sup][41][/sup] author John Grisham,[sup][42][/sup] actor Verne Troyer,[sup][43][/sup] musician Brett Michaels,[sup][44][/sup], and PGA Tour golfer Jim Furyk.[sup][45][/sup]

laugh.gif

In all honesty, Raider Nation is the only other "nation" that I can stand to hear. I hate how all teams now put Nation behind their name and itis "true". Steelers and Raiders are the only two franchises that should have it.

There are a myriad of stories about Raider fans traveling in bunches all over the country to see them play.

Yeah, and I see that stadium filled every week......well maybe they only go to away games?

And there are NO stories at all about the Steelers fans at away games, the networks never talk or show that just about every week.

In all honesty, just giving you guys a hard time, I do miss the days of the rivalry, by far the fiercest rivalry the NFL has ever had.
pimp.gif

Not seeing fans at our stadium is merely a symptom of losing. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't be happy cashing out serious money tosee the team we have today. Without trying to seem snide, did the Steelers reel in fans when they were in bad times? If they did, then my hats off to theirfans.

But I understand, a rivalry is about poking fun, no harm done here. But I swear, when we return to glory, you guys better watch out
glasses.gif

EDIT: And as far as I'm concerned about that celeb list you put out for Steeler fans, Snoop is a bandwagoner
laugh.gif
I swear that dude will jump from the Steelers and Raiders at any moment,probably deciding which one will best work with whatever fit he's rocking.

Not seeing fans at our stadium is merely a symptom of losing. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't be happy cashing out serious money to see the team we have today. Without trying to seem snide, did the Steelers reel in fans when they were in bad times? If they did, then my hats off to their fans.

I agree and understand, it is not cheap to go to an NFL game, no reason to shell out that money when your team has many bad years in a row. Raiders will beback, with or without Al Davis is the question.

On a sidenote though, this will be Pitt's 300th sellout, every game since 1972. Don't know if that is sad or cool, haha. There are a lot morethings to do in Oakland and much better weather

Considering the Pittsburgh Steelers are not owned by a dictator, it's easy to see why yall have more sellouts and we have blackouts.

Damon Bruce went INNNNN on Raider fans last night. Just curious if any of you guys heard this and your reaction to it.....

^i missed it what did he say? Anybody else gone to MessageToAl.com and signed pettition?

Anywayz Raiders play good D but but forget how to Play Offense just like they have since 2003. Steelers over Raiders 17-7

Basically saying how pathetic the Raider fanbase is for not going to games. Saying that there are more people signing petitions than supporting the team atgames. He said he didnt blame Al Davis for not putting a winning product on the field because Raider fans dont deserve it. Said some stat (and this is offmemory so its not exact) that like close to 80 of the last 100 home games have been blacked out. Then he said "Raider Nation? Haha right. With the amountof support this team has, its not even a Raider Village, let alone a Nation" (which made me chuckle). Anyways it was literally like a 4 minute rant abouthow the fans are a joke.

That is a stupid thing to say. There is not one team in the league, anywhere in the country, that would consistently sell out with the kind of team that AlDavis has put on the field for almost a decade now. Even when they moved back from LA they were nothing to get excited over.

I won't drop the money to watch the product on the field today. Does that mean I'm a bad fan? No.

Instead, fans are addressing the problem the only impactful way; not showing up.

Originally Posted by dland24

Basically saying how pathetic the Raider fanbase is for not going to games. Saying that there are more people signing petitions than supporting the team at games. He said he didnt blame Al Davis for not putting a winning product on the field because Raider fans dont deserve it. Said some stat (and this is off memory so its not exact) that like close to 80 of the last 100 home games have been blacked out. Then he said "Raider Nation? Haha right. With the amount of support this team has, its not even a Raider Village, let alone a Nation" (which made me chuckle). Anyways it was literally like a 4 minute rant about how the fans are a joke.
What a dumb @#%%*@+ C u n t

People aren't going to the games because Al Davis has no @#%%*@+ idea what he's doing.

That guy has to be the dumbest @#%%*@+ human being, wow just wow.

Damon Bruce works for KNBR which the 9ers play on its not a surprise. When we didn't sell out when we were winning its becuase it 70$ to sit on mountdavis. I support the raiders but I refuse to pay to see raiders. I went to raider-charger game for free and took bart.

Originally Posted by Alan Garner

Basically saying how pathetic the Raider fanbase is for not going to games. Saying that there are more people signing petitions than supporting the team at games. He said he didnt blame Al Davis for not putting a winning product on the field because Raider fans dont deserve it. Said some stat (and this is off memory so its not exact) that like close to 80 of the last 100 home games have been blacked out. Then he said "Raider Nation? Haha right. With the amount of support this team has, its not even a Raider Village, let alone a Nation" (which made me chuckle). Anyways it was literally like a 4 minute rant about how the fans are a joke.

People aren't going to the games because Al Davis has no @#%%*@+ idea what he's doing.

I dont necessarily agree with this. I dont want to start an argument, because Damon's viewpoint isnt necessarily mine, but think about this. Look at theWarriors. Our team has arguably as bad of management as the Raiders do, and we are in the top 10 in attendance. My Niners have been awful for like 7 years. Wehave yet to be blacked out. Just saying.

Originally Posted by Alan Garner

I dont necessarily agree with this. I dont want to start an argument, because Damon's viewpoint isnt necessarily mine, but think about this. Look at the Warriors. Our team has arguably as bad of management as the Raiders do, and we are in the top 10 in attendance. My Niners have been awful for like 7 years. We have yet to be blacked out. Just saying.
I might be making a leap here, but I think your situations have to do more with the fiscal background of fans of San Francisco teams and Oaklandteams.

Back
Top Bottom