*OFFICIAL* OFWGKTA

this is what hot huh?
indifferent.gif

I'm not going to pass judgement until I give it a few spins but I've been hearing nothing but how disappointing this album is in every aspect. All I'm hearing is that it's tired rhymes over god-awful production with complaining peppered in between.

I'm not going to pass judgement until I give it a few spins but I've been hearing nothing but how disappointing this album is in every aspect. All I'm hearing is that it's tired rhymes over god-awful production with complaining peppered in between.

"These Wu-Tang comparisons are lazy. The only things they share are spare beats and being a gaggle of black men (given Tyler’s recent signing to XL, I hope they also share a keen business acumen that allows them to exist as one entity for a label while allowing themselves to be free agents as solo artists). I think some music critics always find groups of black musicians as exceptional, perhaps because they never encounter more than one black person at a time"

"The second kind of boredom was informed by hipster incredulity, which is why I remain skeptical about MF Doom’s skills as an emcee. Odd Future’s iconoclastic punk spirit is exactly the kind of thing cool kids who don’t actually listen to much hip hop would champion. Odd Future may seem like a rank fart blast of fresh air if you aren’t familiar with, say, the talent on Doomtree or Rhymesayers’ rosters."

"[In 2nd grade] I was allowed to curse a blue streak, but only at home and never at anyone. I could only apply swear words as descriptors. But after a week of me employing “+*$#%%’

"These Wu-Tang comparisons are lazy. The only things they share are spare beats and being a gaggle of black men (given Tyler’s recent signing to XL, I hope they also share a keen business acumen that allows them to exist as one entity for a label while allowing themselves to be free agents as solo artists). I think some music critics always find groups of black musicians as exceptional, perhaps because they never encounter more than one black person at a time"

"The second kind of boredom was informed by hipster incredulity, which is why I remain skeptical about MF Doom’s skills as an emcee. Odd Future’s iconoclastic punk spirit is exactly the kind of thing cool kids who don’t actually listen to much hip hop would champion. Odd Future may seem like a rank fart blast of fresh air if you aren’t familiar with, say, the talent on Doomtree or Rhymesayers’ rosters."

"[In 2nd grade] I was allowed to curse a blue streak, but only at home and never at anyone. I could only apply swear words as descriptors. But after a week of me employing “+*$#%%’

Originally Posted by Nako XL

This brings me to the major source of my boredom, which emanates from being too grown for this nonsense. I don’t think Odd Future are subversive. I think they need to grow up. I would like them to broaden their scope, hone their skills, and diversify their lyrical content. 
This is very true. They are creative, but it's sloppy. Yonkers is easily the best song Tyler has out because it's simple and super effective.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

This brings me to the major source of my boredom, which emanates from being too grown for this nonsense. I don’t think Odd Future are subversive. I think they need to grow up. I would like them to broaden their scope, hone their skills, and diversify their lyrical content. 
This is very true. They are creative, but it's sloppy. Yonkers is easily the best song Tyler has out because it's simple and super effective.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

I don't get the hype around Earl, he isn't that impressive.
indifferent.gif
Son does a lot of rambling Tyler does but with a bit more skill lyrically. I'm just going off of EARL and loose tracks. For all the hype he got cuz of his age I thought his rhymes would've been on another level and they're not. Good but musically I prefer listening to other dudes in the gang, mainly MellowHype.
u really think tyler has more lyrical skill? earl's rambles are on another level. hes got alot of complex metaphors and quick punchlines in all of his slurred word stumbles. 

indifferent.gif
Son does a lot of rambling Tyler does but with a bit more skill lyrically. I'm just going off of EARL and loose tracks. For all the hype he got cuz of his age I thought his rhymes would've been on another level and they're not. Good but musically I prefer listening to other dudes in the gang, mainly MellowHype.
u really think tyler has more lyrical skill? earl's rambles are on another level. hes got alot of complex metaphors and quick punchlines in all of his slurred word stumbles. 

laugh.gif
i think its so hilarious the OF haters are growing...i got into tyler and earl a month or two before yonkers dropped, and when they started blowing up all these dudes came out saying it wasnt going to last and tyler was a punk etc etc. this new album put me into the camp unfortunately. i'll feel bad for EARL if by the time he gets out his crew has already gone from nothing to the top, to falling off.

laugh.gif
i think its so hilarious the OF haters are growing...i got into tyler and earl a month or two before yonkers dropped, and when they started blowing up all these dudes came out saying it wasnt going to last and tyler was a punk etc etc. this new album put me into the camp unfortunately. i'll feel bad for EARL if by the time he gets out his crew has already gone from nothing to the top, to falling off.

Just found the Complex article about Earl's whereabouts and that place he is rumoured to be at sounds like brainwash central

http://www.coralreefacademy.com/index.html

Has your son lost his way?
Is he lost in anger, lost in depression, lost in drugs or alcohol? Is he withdrawn, struggling in school, or defiant? Does he refuse to take responsibility for his actions? Does he seem unreachable? 
transparent.GIF

You’re not alone…
It’s become increasingly difficult in western society for young men to make the transition from childhood to adulthood without getting painfully lost somewhere along the way... 
transparent.GIF

Imagine a place…
What if there was a place where your son could be nurtured back to wholeness while being challenged toward responsible adulthood? A serene paradise where he could get away from the distractions of daily life and learn to play and laugh again in the company of true friends. A place with US licensed therapists and a robust treatment program to address his emotional and behavioral struggles.

What if there was a place where he could find his way again?

Coral Reef Academy

Just found the Complex article about Earl's whereabouts and that place he is rumoured to be at sounds like brainwash central

http://www.coralreefacademy.com/index.html

Has your son lost his way?
Is he lost in anger, lost in depression, lost in drugs or alcohol? Is he withdrawn, struggling in school, or defiant? Does he refuse to take responsibility for his actions? Does he seem unreachable? 
transparent.GIF

You’re not alone…
It’s become increasingly difficult in western society for young men to make the transition from childhood to adulthood without getting painfully lost somewhere along the way... 
transparent.GIF

Imagine a place…
What if there was a place where your son could be nurtured back to wholeness while being challenged toward responsible adulthood? A serene paradise where he could get away from the distractions of daily life and learn to play and laugh again in the company of true friends. A place with US licensed therapists and a robust treatment program to address his emotional and behavioral struggles.

What if there was a place where he could find his way again?

Coral Reef Academy

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

indifferent.gif

reread what he said

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

indifferent.gif

reread what he said

Originally Posted by Benihana

Originally Posted by thejrob

Pusha T and OF
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
YESSSSSS! Two rappers who can only rap about one topic on the same track. Sweet bro
pimp.gif

/sarcasm
-The Juice
lol
coke rape raps 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

maybe P will jump on it and pretend to be "the great barzini"

Back
Top Bottom