*OFFICIAL* OFWGKTA

I wanna know what exactly is "brilliant" "artistic" about that Yonkers vid?

I swear some people are soo quick to praise just about anything with hype nowadays.

I guess it's also your opinion but it was disturbing to me. Eating a cockroach,throwing up and hanging yourself is now considered brilliant
indifferent.gif
? What do those things have to do with the song or anything other than just shock value?

I swear some people are soo quick to praise just about anything with hype nowadays.

I guess it's also your opinion but it was disturbing to me. Eating a cockroach,throwing up and hanging yourself is now considered brilliant
indifferent.gif
? What do those things have to do with the song or anything other than just shock value?

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

indifferent.gif

nerd.gif

indifferent.gif

nerd.gif

indifferent.gif
please don't assume,  it will get you KNOW where.   let me give you a quick analysis of how I interpreted the video.   

Tyler tHe Creator = THC?  don't know if tyler is his real name... but i would bet he was inspired by Tyler Durden(Fight Club)

1st:  the position he is sitting in makes certain symbols... i make out a heart(he's right hand on hip).  in and out shadows/focus = he lives in the realm dualities(black/white)(good/evil)(love/hate)etc.. 

2nd:  "EVOLUTION"  as the vid begins it loses focus(looks like an ape) and back to focus(human).  also, he's sitting the position of "the thinker", represents "philosophy". 

"Humans, known taxonomically as **@! sapiens[sup][3][/sup][sup][4][/sup] (Latin for "WISE MAN" or "knowing man"),[sup][5][/sup] are the only living species in the **@! genus of bipedal primates in Hominidae, the great ape family. Anatomically modern-appearing humans originated in Africa about 200,000 years ago, reaching full behavioral modernity around 50,000 years ago.[sup]"[/sup]
3rd: not just any roach but a MADAGASCAR HISSING ROACH.  "The Madagascar cockroach has become a popular pet because of its hissing sound, large size, and appearance. Their nickname, "hissing cockroach", is due to their ability to force air through the breathing pores (spiracles) found on each segment of their thorax and abdomen.[sup][1]"[/sup]

IT'S WHAT RAPPERS DO!?

when he eats the roach, the imagery is saying that he is becoming the roach, shedding his old "self" and becoming a new entity/being(rebirth) evolving... i would say that scene is a reference to kafka's "the metamorphosis".    first word after that secene is "JESUS" the man who symbolizes resurrection/rebirth.

4th:  he's removing his clothes, shedding skins, getting rid of the the old and embracing the new.  also, his rhymes are kinda emo(and i don't mean it in a mocking way but MATURE, immature people don't express themselves fully/freely like people who "flow" with the 'motions) here so he's getting rid of "emotional baggage".

5th:  eyes are black(out of darkness comes light).  he's focused(listen to lyrics) and pay attention to imagery.  he's saying he doesn't need material things.  GOLD represent heart and the sun(no sun, no life).  that's all he needs and care for.

6th: nose bleeding represents the pain+struggle of his experience and evolution.  and he kills/hangs himself so he goes through the rebirth cycle yet again. 

i am starring at a JORDAN poster on my wall that reads "DEFEAT YOURSELF"  same concept. 

these are some reasons why I(me)I(myself) and I think this work is brilliant: "In some uses, simplicity can be used to imply beauty, purity or clarity."  -SIMPLICITY(wikipedia)

caught this vid on a friends blog a few days ago blog: http://reignofthetec.tumblr.com/

peace

indifferent.gif
please don't assume,  it will get you KNOW where.   let me give you a quick analysis of how I interpreted the video.   

Tyler tHe Creator = THC?  don't know if tyler is his real name... but i would bet he was inspired by Tyler Durden(Fight Club)

1st:  the position he is sitting in makes certain symbols... i make out a heart(he's right hand on hip).  in and out shadows/focus = he lives in the realm dualities(black/white)(good/evil)(love/hate)etc.. 

2nd:  "EVOLUTION"  as the vid begins it loses focus(looks like an ape) and back to focus(human).  also, he's sitting the position of "the thinker", represents "philosophy". 

"Humans, known taxonomically as **@! sapiens[sup][3][/sup][sup][4][/sup] (Latin for "WISE MAN" or "knowing man"),[sup][5][/sup] are the only living species in the **@! genus of bipedal primates in Hominidae, the great ape family. Anatomically modern-appearing humans originated in Africa about 200,000 years ago, reaching full behavioral modernity around 50,000 years ago.[sup]"[/sup]
3rd: not just any roach but a MADAGASCAR HISSING ROACH.  "The Madagascar cockroach has become a popular pet because of its hissing sound, large size, and appearance. Their nickname, "hissing cockroach", is due to their ability to force air through the breathing pores (spiracles) found on each segment of their thorax and abdomen.[sup][1]"[/sup]

IT'S WHAT RAPPERS DO!?

when he eats the roach, the imagery is saying that he is becoming the roach, shedding his old "self" and becoming a new entity/being(rebirth) evolving... i would say that scene is a reference to kafka's "the metamorphosis".    first word after that secene is "JESUS" the man who symbolizes resurrection/rebirth.

4th:  he's removing his clothes, shedding skins, getting rid of the the old and embracing the new.  also, his rhymes are kinda emo(and i don't mean it in a mocking way but MATURE, immature people don't express themselves fully/freely like people who "flow" with the 'motions) here so he's getting rid of "emotional baggage".

5th:  eyes are black(out of darkness comes light).  he's focused(listen to lyrics) and pay attention to imagery.  he's saying he doesn't need material things.  GOLD represent heart and the sun(no sun, no life).  that's all he needs and care for.

6th: nose bleeding represents the pain+struggle of his experience and evolution.  and he kills/hangs himself so he goes through the rebirth cycle yet again. 

i am starring at a JORDAN poster on my wall that reads "DEFEAT YOURSELF"  same concept. 

these are some reasons why I(me)I(myself) and I think this work is brilliant: "In some uses, simplicity can be used to imply beauty, purity or clarity."  -SIMPLICITY(wikipedia)

caught this vid on a friends blog a few days ago blog: http://reignofthetec.tumblr.com/

peace

Originally Posted by Breakyaneck3000

IT'S WHAT RAPPERS DO!?

peace

You're over-thinking it, bro.

IT'S WHAT RAPPERS DO!?

peace

I hate official posts. Its always the same thing.

Old fans on their high horse like hearing something first makes you cool, new fans hyping the %+$$ out of everything, and people that don't even LIKE the artists chiming in like anyone cares. Shut the %+$$ up and listen to the music.

Yall _s are superb at acting like a bunch of females. Yonkers is dope though
pimp.gif

I hate official posts. Its always the same thing.

Old fans on their high horse like hearing something first makes you cool, new fans hyping the %+$$ out of everything, and people that don't even LIKE the artists chiming in like anyone cares. Shut the %+$$ up and listen to the music.

Yall _s are superb at acting like a bunch of females. Yonkers is dope though
pimp.gif

Son typed out a long response of straight up nonsense. Im crying over here
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Son typed out a long response of straight up nonsense. Im crying over here
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

IT'S WHAT RAPPERS DO!?

peace

well then, PLEASE let me hear/read your analysis.  i know what I think of it,  i wanna hear your UNDER-thought ideas about this piece. 

i would suggest you read this: http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/sta/index.htm  and go through my thoughts after you're done.

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

IT'S WHAT RAPPERS DO!?

peace

well then, PLEASE let me hear/read your analysis.  i know what I think of it,  i wanna hear your UNDER-thought ideas about this piece. 

i would suggest you read this: http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/sta/index.htm  and go through my thoughts after you're done.

Originally Posted by LiquidCREAM

Isn't Coachella an alternative music festival?
No. Just a music festival. And the most popular one statewide. But I see what you're saying. Aside from the 4th line none of the artists are "mainstream"

Back
Top Bottom