Here are my Top 5 Songs So Far

Kiss The Ring-32 Plays
10 Bricks-17 Plays
Canal Street-17 Plays
Surgical Gloves-15 Plays
Ason Jones-15 Plays

Damn.

I'm late on that Walk Wit Me track...

I'd like to hear another album from Rae on that tip. On some bossin it up type biz.

Am I the only one that thinks Rae should just hang it up with this album, like this is a perfect way to conclude his career, the epitome of going out ontop andleaving a pretty good legacy. I mean dude can say at 39 that he created an album that potentially will be viewed as a modern day classic.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Am I the only one that thinks Rae should just hang it up with this album, like this is a perfect way to conclude his career, the epitome of going out ontop and leaving a pretty good legacy. I mean dude can say at 39 that he created an album that potentially will be viewed as a modern day classic.

Nah...

I disagree. He needs to follow up on this and capture the energy he has right now in himself and from the fans. This album only cancels out out ImmobilarityIMO, so he needs another album to complete the trilogy.

Yo, I REALLY hope that the success of this album will inspire all those dudes who have strayed from putting together solid ALBUMS. I hope they can see thatyou don't have to water down your @+%% with some club or radio singles in order to be successful. Basically, as an artist you don't have to compromiseGOOD hip-hop for the sake of sales, publicity, etc.

I don't expect Rae to be set for life with the sales from this album, but we'd be foolish to think that anything other than the masterpiece he gave uswould do any better sales wise. I think of that line from the movie "Field of Dreams" that says "build it and they will come". Make asolid, front-to-back album and fans will buy it. It's a simple concept really, but things get twisted when you throw the politics and business side of themusic industry in there. Bottom line is that I hope that other artists take note of the acclaim and praise this album is getting, and I hope they too getinspired to take it back to square one.

totally well said. It's not like he needs our financial support for his pocket (he'll take it tho) but it's more for the genre & the effort ofgoing out there and putting together an album the the fans ASKED for. Thats why I brought it along with it being a really dope album. Cop it yall. Maybe otherartists will take notes. (Just-Ice) peeeeeace!!!!!!!!!! (Just-Ice)

Random thought: State Of Grace should have been a bonus track... i still pump that joint like it came out yesterday.

If you're in NY he's gonna be signing copies today from 3-5 at SOS DJ Shop in castle hill section of the bronx...I will be in attendance
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by ninjahood

im SO glad that da chef trumpin hova right now...he deserves it.
pimp.gif
superb album.
Hova's White fanbase>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Raekwons
you sleepin on da wu-tang appeal worldwide...dem dudes is running it like its still 1997 over in europe.

Originally Posted by Twig1026

If you're in NY he's gonna be signing copies today from 3-5 at SOS DJ Shop in castle hill section of the bronx...I will be in attendance
pimp.gif
oh word? im SO in there

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Twig1026

pimp.gif
oh word? im SO in there

Tell Chef we need the last chapter in the trilogy...

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

Originally Posted by notoriusWES

i guess its cool lyrically but it sounds boring IMO

Wes I swear I don't agree with a single one of your opinions.

Old man trying to reason with a kid. Nice.

Thats why were all different...im sorry i dont feel the same...Ill listen to the whole thing tonight
but most likely...ill feel the same and think its boring.

Idk if someone asked before but why isn't U-God on the album? I remember Wu and him had a problem before

Ok, listened to the album a bunch more times and have thought of a few things:

-Is it me or did Inspectah come out the woodwork on this album?
-Is the literal NO promo blowing anyone else away?
-Do you feel you can play OB4CLI, and right after the last song ends play OB4CLII? I think it flows real nice, and you forget the 14 year gap. I wish hewoulda brought back the beat from the beginning part of 'glaciers of ice.' love that song, but that intro with the trumpets is so tight.
-WHY did Nas decline? Yet another L for Nas, smarten up.
-Best Song on album?

And on a side note, this album is a perfect example of what the new generation lacks. I'm not strictly old school...but Wayne, Gucci, all them dudesdon't understand this. They make paper, but imo quality/quantity.

Originally Posted by Gello 201

Ok, listened to the album a bunch more times and have thought of a few things:
-Do you feel you can play OB4CLI, and right after the last song ends play OB4CLII? I think it flows real nice, and you forget the 14 year gap. I wish he woulda brought back the beat from the beginning part of 'glaciers of ice.' love that song, but that intro with the trumpets is so tight.
I did it. Runs real smooth you can sense the slight drop off but it's still raw
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

so nas actually declined? i thought they never hit him up about a feature

I don't think it was ever said that Nas declined i mean with the whole divorce going on right now he probably just doesn't have anytime.

I cannot believe I dont have this yet.
I've been under a huge rock.
hopefully I can get this tonight after work

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

so nas actually declined? i thought they never hit him up about a feature
Rae's said in a couple interviews he tried to reach to Nas but they couldn't get on the same page with their schedules and all that.

Just copped it @ Best buy on Broadway....I'm totally upset I didnt cop tix earlier...went to SOBs and them *!$ sold out....just copped the album and calledit a day..about to listen...importing it to Itunes.

Back
Top Bottom