Official Palm Pre Thread

my contract ends on september 1st so i'll be getting this for sure
pimp.gif

second choice will be either a blackberry pearl or curve..

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

Have your connect/you heard anything about the plans thats going to be allowed on the Pre. All the information that I have got seems to be sketch at best.

I heard you just need a data plan, you don't need the everything

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

this isnt looking as appealing as it once did.

Yeah, I think it's the long wait. They revealed this phone too soon. It isn't like the iPhone where they were bringing something completely new to the market (iTunes + phone) and something that was missing.

The Palm Pre doesn't seem to be filling a void and the synergy feature is going to be seen on other phones, including the iPhone, later this year.

I'm almost 100% positive that I'm going to buy a Diamond 2 next year and go with a Touch (Vogue/6900) or Touch Pro for now.

I think I am going to go with Pre. I have been in love with this thing since its unveiling (even though it has been so long ago). If it doesnt pass muster in the first 30 days, then I will be patiently waiting on a new Sprint BB. Oh, and this is also contingent upon if I can get it on my beloved SERO plan.
but BB don't work on SERO...u have to get the additional plan--

Shake,

So true. I guess I am just still secretly trying to hold out for the Pre to be allowed on the SERO.
man, cuz this !@%@*%' diamond is gettin' on my LAST nerve---how the hell my picture messages just gon' STOP working!?
alien.gif
This is my SECOND diamond--swear these things have been headaches from theget-go

and honestly, it wasn't that much of a hassle when I had to go to website to look it at picture, internet was free anyway
laugh.gif
. I think this phone will be purchased and I may never buy another HTC productever again my life.

**edit
http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1466947&page=1&pp=15
Sero Plan on a BB!? Long read, but definitely worth a shot I think...

Damn, totally blew mines after reading I'd have to change my plan in order to get the phone. I'm past fed up with my TP and nothing else is enticing. Imight just get a simple flip phone until something better shows up.

Originally Posted by JACKEL56

Have your connect/you heard anything about the plans thats going to be allowed on the Pre. All the information that I have got seems to be sketch at best.

I heard you just need a data plan, you don't need the everything

Yea Im hearing this as well. Just hope that it holds true at release, because if not, I will NOT be purchasing this. I just made the decision that it would beidiotic for me to pay an extra $600 a year (100 for the Simply everything plan -50 current SERO plan; 50 X 12= 600) just to have this phone.

Have either of you guys tried custom ROMs for your Touch Pro or Diamond?

im using a custom rom on my sprint touch pro. .. Mighty Mike's R3born rom... and im using the telus radio...

Theyll most likely make you have a data plan.
you guys could save alot of money if you get the right plan, this goes for every cell company out there.
Family plans are great.

I pay $23 for two phones with a total of 2300 mins, unlimited net and text
wink.gif

Originally Posted by MVPlikeKobe24

how much does the palm pre run?? and does it have WIFI??

The official price havent been released yet for the Pre, but its rumored to be $199.99 out the gate for new customers 2 yr. contract (or those eligible forfull upgrade). As to wifi, the Pre will indeed have this feature.

Theyll most likely make you have a data plan.

Thats the thing, our SERO plans does include the unlimited data plan, so it baffles my why it would not work.

Thats the thing, our SERO plans does include the unlimited data plan, so it baffles my why it would not work.

Clearly, people need to state that the Pre has to be on a pre-approved plan instead of declaring that plan has to include data.

There's no point in thinking about it right now because all of the new high profile devices are set to release after the Pre so it isn't like peopleare putting off their upgrade or migration/port. I'm not willing to give up my plan for this phone, but if I were, I'd want to see what the new iPhoneand Blackberries have to offer before going with the Pre.

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

im using a custom rom on my sprint touch pro. .. Mighty Mike's R3born rom... and im using the telus radio...
I asked because I was wanted to know if they were using a custom ROM and still experiencing problems with their respective devices. I'mconsidering buying a Touch Pro while I wait for the Diamond and Pro 2 to release, but I want to make sure I'm not surprised by anything when or if I buyone.

http://www.palm.com/us/em....html?sssdmh=dm13.202952

If you look at this NEW ad they sent out, its still have the key language.

Use of this device requires providing a valid email address, mobile phone number, and related information for account setup and activation. A data plan is alsorequired. Unlimited usage data plan strongly recommended or additional data charges may apply. Within wireless coverage area only.

^^This is the "legal print" at the bottom. Again, the avenue of SERO still seems to be open, since it says UNLIMITED USAGE DATA PLAN STRONGLYRECOMMENDED. Which seems to suggest that its NOT needed. Hummmmmmmmmmmmm

I don't know why you guys are still discussing this, I called awhile back and you 100% CAN use the Pre with SERO.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

I don't know why you guys are still discussing this, I called awhile back and you 100% CAN use the Pre with SERO.

Im not doubting you. I for one hope that SERO can be used, as this will be the ONLY way that I will be copping...sadly
frown.gif

So they said May 19 when it'll come out? Or is it another announcement.

Either way I'm on the Sero plan and on my 2nd HTC Touch Pro. How can I be able to get the Pre on my plan? I gotta go to the store anyway because mykeyboard went out on me and I'm stuck with the touchscreen keyboard.

I'm running on the KK's Loaded ROM, and I'm getting the same problems, although the phone is slightly cooler. BTW, if I wanted toreturn the phone, must I return it to the Sprint ROM. I have it on my computer, but forgot how to do it.

Palm and Sprint To Announce Pre Release Date on May 19th?

Rumor: What's the next best thing to an actual release date for the Palm Pre? A date when we can all expect a release date. BGR reports that Palm andSprint are set to make a big announcement in the Wall Street Journal on May 19th. Going out on a limb, that would most likely be pricing and availability ofthe Palm Pre. It would also make for a good time to start that big advertising campaign that we all know is coming.

Palm Touchstone's Best Buy Inventory Date Changes To June 7th

Just a few days ago, the Palm Touchstone showed up in Best Buy's inventory system with an in-stock date of May 10th. Today, yet another Best Buy leak showsan in-stock date of June 7th, leading to further speculation of a possible release date for the Pre. If last night's rumor is to be believed, a releasedate could be announced in the Wall Street Journal next Tuesday.

I hope this phone can deliver..i got the treo pro in the mean time in case sero didnt work on the pre..it has been a miracle the pro has to be the best WMphone i had from sprint.

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

Palm and Sprint To Announce Pre Release Date on May 19th?
I hope this phone can deliver..i got the treo pro in the mean time in case sero didnt work on the pre..it has been a miracle the pro has to be the best WM phone i had from sprint.

They let you use the PRO on SERO?? Im guessing then the PRE is possible. Also, where did you get your PRO. Did you order online? Buy in-store?

Back
Top Bottom