Official Palm Pre Thread

I'm willing to pay retail for the Pre. If i can keep my Sprint SERO plan.
If not I'm canceling and getting the new iPhone. I'm on my 4th Touch Pro, yes 4.
So I'm not willing to pay more for sprint service.

OUCH :/. $560 for a Sprint locked phone. Hmmm, I'll see.
But for that money i can get an awesome GSM unlocked.
If it's in the 400 range it's mine

sprint > any GSM network IMO. i don't travel out side the US. and i've NEVER had a problem with sprint. their network is great, their internet isridiculously fast compared to Att, verizon and t mobile (t mobile is a joke) so i'd pay that if i had sero. but, i don't, so i'll be getting a newaccount with sprint and finally leave att/iphone for the second time. im getting the $150 simply (and truly) everything plan with mobile internet since theirwifi modem/router is smaller now.

Hmmm your changing my opinion.
You got a valid point. But I think my main prob is WinMo.
I went through 3 Moguls, 2 Touch, on 4th Touch Pro.
If I have to change my plan, I will simply just get a new contract

i mean yeah, GSM phones are great because you can basically buy any phone as long as it's unlocked and use it. but sprint's network in my area isuntouchable. and i'm never touching another WinMo phone in my life.

Yeah a huga advantage of GSM. Sprint is pretty good in the DMV area.
And roaming with Verizon is a huge plus. Lol, yeah i tend to get text messages a couple hours later. With the Touch Pro those hours turned into minutes.
But I hope the Pre comes through.
Almost 10K post.

Originally Posted by SalviBoy7

And roaming with Verizon is a huge plus. Lol, yeah i tend to get text messages a couple hours later. With the Touch Pro those hours turned into minutes.
Almost 10K post.
With my TP, the texts have turned from always 1-2 minutes to 2-45 minutes. Stupid +!+ phone. I hate it with a rising passion.

The thing is though, I was in love with the Mogul, and figured the TP would be just as good to me. I almost shed a tear when I dropped the Mogul into thatreturn envelope
laugh.gif

Maybe I'll just tough it out until the TP2 comes out. If that blows, I'm done with HTC.

Almost 10K post.

HTC phones look great, but they need to find another OS or make their own or something. and 10k post? me? yeah, it's sad.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Almost 10K post.
With my TP, the texts have turned from always 1-2 minutes to 2-45 minutes. Stupid +!+ phone. I hate it with a rising passion.

The thing is though, I was in love with the Mogul, and figured the TP would be just as good to me. I almost shed a tear when I dropped the Mogul into that return envelope
laugh.gif

Maybe I'll just tough it out until the TP2 comes out. If that blows, I'm done with HTC.
For me it is the reverse. Mogul would take 30+ minutes. The Touch Pro tends to do with a text message delay of -10 minutes.Lol I use to love myMogul man. But with the TP there is no way "I" would look back.
IDK I don't like to blame WinMo fully because most of my problems have turned out to be hardware issues. i.e Keyboard not working, call buttons notworking, screen becomes crap, and a yellow tint. All things that point to a HTC issue
grin.gif

As CWrite pointed out, HTC makes some sexy phones. Considering that they factor in a keyboard, screen, multiple buttons, and it all turns out to be a greatlooking product.
Unlike the iPhone, its sexy, but the HTC designers factors in so much more than just a screen and 3 buttons.

[h3]

[/h3]
According to a report in the Wall St. Journal, Walmart will carry the soon-to-be released Palm Pre. Walmart will join Best Buy in an effort by Sprint to get the Palm Pre in as many hands as possible.

pre-walmart.png

Walmart currently sells the iPhone and T-Mobile G1, so it's not surprising to see them add the Palm Pre. With Circuit City no longer in the picture. the retailer has seized an opportunity to increase revenue by expanding their electronics offerings. No confirmation yet on whether Walmart will have the Palm Pre at launch.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

i mean yeah, GSM phones are great because you can basically buy any phone as long as it's unlocked and use it. but sprint's network in my area is untouchable. and i'm never touching another WinMo phone in my life.

Esn swap right?

I, like a lot of you all, will NOT be giving up my precious SERO for the PRE. Even seeing how amazing it is, I cant bring myself to do it.

I like what this device offers, but I'll be damned if it isn't one of the ugliest phones I've ever seen.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

I like what this device offers, but I'll be damned if it isn't one of the ugliest phones I've ever seen.

it's less ugly than the g1, that's for sure. tmobile and htc should check their calendars, we're in 09, no need for bricks as phones.

palm-pre-on-sprint-june-6.jpg
[h3]
[/h3][h3]By KERRY E.GRACE[/h3]
Sprint Nextel Corp. said Tuesdaythe eagerly awaited Palm Inc. Presmartphone would be available nationwide June 6.

The announcement comes as analysts and investors were waiting to see whether Palm would be able to meet its own deadline for the release of the smartphone,which is seen as a competitor to Apple Inc.'s iPhone. The company had said it would have the phone on the market by the end of June.

The phone will cost $199.99 with a two-year service agreement and after a $100 mail-in rebate. Collins Stewart analyst Ashok Kumar said earlier this monththe Pre could be a huge flop if Sprint wasn't able to match or price below the $199 tag on the iPhone.

Sprint said Tuesday the phone would be sold at Best Buy Co., RadioShack Corp. and some Wal-Mart Stores Inc. stores. It will also be available through Sprint's Web site.

Wall Street has estimated sales of about 6 million Pre units in 2010, although Mr. Kumar said in a note earlier this month he thinks that number isunrealistic based on Sprint's current subscriber base.

Sprint is hoping the phone will help it pick up some of the iPhone's market share and, in doing so, reverse its trend of subscriber losses. The companyhas lost more than 6 million subscribers in the last six quarters.

i have the mogul right now and im dying for a new phone..... Wil get this with the two year agreement

It's just not worth it to buy right off the bat.. not until a good number of apps are out and all the little bugs are fixed.. I mean, iPhone 1.0 was notworth ti.. 2.0 yes.. 3.0 coming definitely..

if i already have a contract/eligible for full upgrade, its gonna cost how much?

$150 or $199.99
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

It's just not worth it to buy right off the bat.. not until a good number of apps are out and all the little bugs are fixed.. I mean, iPhone 1.0 was not worth ti.. 2.0 yes.. 3.0 coming definitely..
Sup Big Country....

I totally agree with your reply. 3.0 looks nice and a new iPhone would be ill too but I'm watching this thread closely. I'm with Sprint now and mycontract is up in June. Was looking into a potential iPhone but this Pre is looking tough. If the apps come correct, I may not defect.

I wonder if I can get it for $200 and extend my sero contract at the same time. I have an upgrade credit to use too.

still theres no clear answer about SERO..ive looked around in other forums and the question remains, some say yes others no. i guess come june 6 we can finallyput it to rest.

Back
Top Bottom