Official Palm Pre Thread

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

It's just not worth it to buy right off the bat.. not until a good number of apps are out and all the little bugs are fixed.. I mean, iPhone 1.0 was not worth ti.. 2.0 yes.. 3.0 coming definitely..

palmb.jpg

palm2.jpg

palm3c.jpg

That device triage is supposed to self repair and troubleshoot the device. So I dont know if bugs will be a problem. Sounds sick.
I know all the rumorshad it coming out the 6th or the 8th but wouldn't it have been a good business plan to release it well before people had a chance to see what apple has tooffer? I think people could wait two days later until the 8th to see if the new Iphone OS will be better or worth the wait.

reading the slickdeals thread,

Thank you for contacting Sprint regarding the handset.

Plam Pre cannot be activated with SERO plan. The Palm Pre will require
1 of Sprint's Everything price plans with Data or a Sprint Business
Essentials Plan with Messaging and Data. You can get the detail of plan
detail by visiting www.sprint.com.

You can check out http:www.sprint.com/palmpre for more information on
this exciting new device and to register to be notified when it is
available.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to address your
concerns. Visit Sprint.com/mysprint if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Marc G.
Sprint

grin.gif

Oh well, I was looking forward to this phone too, but there is NO WAY IN HELL, I'm getting rid of my Sero.

Can't wait. Sorry to you sero folks, but that discount is amazing to begin with.

I'm making due with my discount for some company I don't work for.

Now my dilemna is whether to wait when I'm eligible for a contract extension discount in October and all the kinks are worked out or to just complain my**@ off about the $%#!!# service and phone I have and see what discount I can get around when it comes out.

No SERO, no Pre is absolutely right.
Guess I'll cop the new iPhone that comes out. I get a 20% discount off my monthly with ATT.

This new iPhone model is gonna be almost the same as the iPhone 3G BTW...

I'm getting both phones.

Been hearing a lot of good feedback on the Pre.

don't know if it has been answer but, can't you just buy the phone and added to an existing sero account?

Originally Posted by CWrite78

don't know if it has been answer but, can't you just buy the phone and added to an existing sero account?
No sir, like the Instinct, the Pre is tied through Sprints system to only work with the Everything plan
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Worlds Enemy

Couple questions:

Will I be able to get this on Verizon?

And I can sync movies and music, no?
Its exclusively for sprint. And yes you will be able to add movie's and music. It has 8gb of memory.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

o well, no sero sucks.

hopefully they don't do this when blackberry niagara comes around.

Can you use BB service on SERO anyway??

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

o well, no sero sucks.

No, You would have to get the BB package.

Originally Posted by GG0tti

o well, no sero sucks.

How much more is the BB package? Im really considering moving from the SERO to the Simply Everything. Although, this seems as blasphemous, I am getting thefeeling that Sprint is forcing us to give up our SERO plans sooner or later.

o well, no sero sucks.

How much more is the BB package? Im really considering moving from the SERO to the Simply Everything. Although, this seems as blasphemous, I am getting the feeling that Sprint is forcing us to give up our SERO plans sooner or later.
Word....probably will start offering more and more phones that you have to use the simply everything plan with, so they can gradually phase outSERO

Originally Posted by IYE2

$30 extra I believe...
He correct.

You should also remember there are more than one Simply Every plan (SEP). 450 and 900 and they have BB service included with them. I have the 450 Everythingplan. Since almost everyone i associate with has sprint, So i hardly use minutes.

Originally Posted by the north west

so what upcoming phones will be usable for SERO people

I am getting tired of my moto q 9c

Well maybe new WinMo phones, but I am OVER these crash-machines. I would suspect that all of the newer phones will require SE plans.

Originally Posted by IYE2

$30 extra I believe...
He correct.

You should also remember there are more than one Simply Every plan (SEP). 450 and 900 and they have BB service included with them. I have the 450 Everything plan. Since almost everyone i associate with has sprint, So i hardly use minutes.

I currently have 1250 mins. So im stuck in an akward spot because I use too much for 900, and not quite enough for Unlimited. Decisions, Decisions!

this really sucks..maybe down the road they might do like they did with the instinct and allow it on SERO...if that fails ima have to take my moms simplyeverything plan and give her my SERO so in the long run i dont end up losing it..

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

this really sucks..maybe down the road they might do like they did with the instinct and allow it on SERO...if that fails ima have to take my moms simply everything plan and give her my SERO so in the long run i dont end up losing it..

So they did/are allowing the Instinct on SERO??

The Treo Pro is not a bad WinMo phone so far i havent had any crashing issues or lagging like the previous WinMo phones are known for.

^^Yeah they started allowing them a while back ago i read on Howard Forums..i also read a way how to get BB on SERO, many users on HoFo got it to work.

Back
Top Bottom