Official Patriots vs. Bills Game Thread

I can't stand Belichick or the Patriots, but I'll be damned if I don't find that Jets/Pats matchup and watch every second...Belichick really willscore 100.

eek.gif
wow whats up with field goals today?

If I'm Losman, I'm going for it and throwing the ball at Belichick's head, maybe his mother or children if they were on the sidelines.

You know that Belichick is turning every negative statement into motivational pieces for his players. Being the most hated team in the NFL is the best thingthat ever happened for the Pats.

I love how I get out of work and see that my fantasy team is down 25 points, with Moss and Brady still to go, and I'm not worried one bit. On another note,the Pats are out there trying to drop 100.... it's entertainment, classy or not.

Being professional= being the best of the best, not holding off.

So running up the score is "professional"? Being professional is knowing when the game is already out of reach, and kicking FG's on 4th down andnot showing up the opposition. Should the opposition stop them? Sure. But the lack of sportsmanship]/b] will bite Bill in the%$%+ eventually, and it will beunfortunate when it does happen.

In baseball, when the game is 9-0 in the 7th inning, you see young bullpen pitchers out there, starters resting, etc. You don't see starters out therestealing bases and hitting sac bunts to run up the score, thats how you get a pitch thrown to your head.

In the NBA, if a team is winning by 30 in the late 3rd/start of the 4th quarter, the team throws reserves out there and just let the game play out. Beingprofessional does not equal NOT letting up.

You can let up and still be a dominant team.

also, u gusy arent thinkin, "what if this was my fav team, my fav player" youd be all for scoring on every drive, and dont say u wouldnt

lies, id be looking for my running game to get it done, get the game ended faster by running down the clock and preserve my quarterback. the last thing i wantis a mad defense going after Favre sitting back in the pocket every play... if they still cant stop the run its one thing, but lining up with 5 WR's inshotgun with that kind of lead = selfish and arrogant

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by ghost43t

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

BB is just a grumpy grudge havin peice of @#%!

i hate that man

madden talkin about running up the score sayin the defense should just go stop em
smh.gif
smh.gif
running up the score happens when offenses keep pressing with the pass when the defense CANT stop them. these dudes act like the bills can just go "oh damn, theyre still throwin deep to that moss guy, lets go stop em, ok!!!!"

indifferent.gif

watching the pats makes me sick
THEY GET PAID TO STOP THEM. if you dont understand that then
indifferent.gif
and keep it movin

of course they get paid to stop them
smh.gif
i dont know if you noticed, but sometimes teams CANNOT do that, thats when running up the score happens... billicheck is gonna have this team in the shotgun with a 5 TD lead in the 4th quarter, which is just disrespectful.
he shows no class.
so let me get this straight...you're saying since the Bills can't stop them the Pats should just roll over and kneel? you hate them, you wishBrady was never born, Bellichick is a meanie...we get it man, i feel for you...
grin.gif

and ayo...i'm a Pats fan and all that and i'm sorry but that was UNNECESSARY on going for it on 4th down and 1...sheesh, at least give the kickers somereps just so homie won't freeze out there...

he really is trying to shove it down the throat on the NFL...take that Vangini
mad.gif

you're saying since the Bills can't stop them the Pats should just roll over and kneel?
No, you put the backups in and run the football.

They're just doing their job? Yeah, great, but the job is done. This game has decidedly been over since halftime.

I'd gladly take the fine, suspension, and criticism of a blatant cheap shot on Tom Brady, no doubt in my mind.

You guys can talk about them running up the score or whatever, How about telling the teams to PLAY DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How can you NOT try to score, thats the point of the game.........and if their offense is that good, or the other teams defense is that bad.....scores aregoing to happen.

Your team wont be embarrassed if you play some good defense and TRY to stop them, why arent people studying what the colts did to try and stop them???? Dontblame it on the patriots, they are doing their job, blame it on all these teams that cant play good enough defense to stop them.

hpw do people say its not being unprofessional?

think about. in baseball if u steal base when ur up 10 runs people thats unprofessional and u will get beaned the bext at bat.
if ur up 30 in the 4th in the nba and u still have ur starters out there u get a fight like the knicks last year.
in the nfl, if ur up 30 in the 3rd and there's a 4th & 1 u kick the damn FG!
smh.gif

I've never actually seen anyone argue against the reasoning that kicking an FG = guaranteed points, whereas going for it on 4th down allows the defense thechance to stop further points from getting on the board. In all honesty, I don't understand why continuing with the same offense you planned to use for theweek(s) preceding a game is considered bad sportsmanship. I don't watch college football as much as I should, but do teams that run the spread offenseexclusively suddenly turn into a power running team when they're up by 28?

This is hilarious though. Going for it on 4th and 1 again.

Part of me is disgusted, part of me wants to see Moss have 6 touchdowns.

Back
Top Bottom