Official PATRIOTS vs. RAVENS Vol. Monday Night Highlight

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

http://myespn.go.com/profile/hashmarks?tag=patriots-ravens
Just returned from the Ravens' locker room. Those guys are ticked off. They said the league wants the Patriots to win, to the point that officials make calls favoring New England with the game on the line. They said Tom Brady sells tickets for the league, so the league wants Brady and the Patriots to stay unbeaten. I'll start posting the direct quotes momentarily. Refresh the blog periodically and you'll see them as they post.

Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs on officiating: "Everybody is kind of cheering for them to go undefeated and break all the records. They called them the greatest offense on earth. So who knows? ... They made one more play than us and they got a little help."

Suggs on the timeout attributed to the Ravens, which gave New England another chance on fourth down aver Baltimore appeared to stop Tom Brady short on a sneak: "You only get a few times to really get the NFL's poster boy in that type of situation. I don't know. It looked like all 22 men on the field played as if no timeout was called. But if it was called, it was called. I don't get inot that part of the game. I just do my job."

Suggs on officiating: "It's kind of the feeling of the 2001 tuck rule. It kind of feels like the tuck rule. That is the NFL for you, man. When they got a guy like that that is selling a lot of tickets, you want to keep him selling tickets"

Ravens linebacker Bart Scott on the timeout: "I didn't hear a timeout. That was very convenient."

Scott: "We outplayed them, plain and simple. We punched them in the mouth on both sides of the ball."

Ravens receiver Derrick Mason: "Allow the players to dictate how the game is going to go, especially the last couple of seconds. It's kind of like basketball. There's three seconds on the clock. Let the guys play. The best team is going to win. You don't let outside circumstances dictate how the game is going to go. It's hard to play against the best team in the NFL and beat them. You are out there and working hard. You are playing against them and then also you have the other guys and it seems you are playing against them, also."

More from Mason on officiating: "I'm going to take it back to last game. San DIego. Quinn Sypniewski runs down the field, runs into one of their DBs, we catch the ball and they call offensive pass interference. OK. Great. This game, same things happens. Randy Moss runs right into Samari Rolle. They call defensive pass interference. I don't understand that. One game it's called one way, the next game it's called another way. At the end, you have a phantom call. That's why it's hard to play and win a game when you are playing against more than just the best team in the NFL."

More from Mason on how hard it is to beat the Patriots: "It's kind of like that old Bulls team when they were running the tables. You were playing against Jordan, Pippen and the bunch and it was hard to beat them because everyone was on their side. That's the way it is now. You've got Brady and the bunch. It's hard to beat them when you're playing against them and extra people."

Mason on whether the refs can get caught up in talk of an undefeated season: "I think everybody can get caught up. You should have heard some of the verbal blasts we were taking from the refs. It was just despicable. They don't want us to say anything to them, but they treat us like we're little kids out there, saying anything they want to say. As players, we can't say anything back. We can't report it to anybody because it's our word against theirs. But you have to give it up to New England. They did what they had to do. They scored at the end and that's all you can ask of a team."

Insert Salty pic and a you "you mad" pic here.
laugh.gif

^ wow that article makes the ravens look pretty bad if its true. want some cheese with that whine? what a bunch of girls.
You know good and god damn well that if the shoe was on the other foot, the result would be the same.

You know good and god damn well that if the shoe was on the other foot, the result would be the same.
^ actually no. go back to the colts game where the refs were robbing us left and right. what happened? we overcame that bs. good teams overcomeadversity and dont make up excuses. and the penalties committed by the ravens were in no way horrid calls. they were legit. ravens were hanging onto watson,bumrushing moss, and on that hail mary, damn. i thought mason was gonna rip off samuel's head.

people are just hating on us more and more every week, and its easy to point to stuff like this. but seriously, who blew that game? the refs? no. it was theravens. boller showed up with that INT and then the ravens showed zero confidence in him and kept running even with 8 in the box. you're not gonna win likethat.

Its only like an hour after the game ended and I'm already sick of the tickytack stuff about the hold. IT WAS CLEALY A HOLD!

Ravens linebacker Bart Scott on the timeout: "I didn't hear a timeout. That was very convenient."

We all SAW the timeout on the replay. Blame your assistant coach.

Although, I give huge props to the Ravens. I picked them to win the SB in the preseason. Im glad they finally showed they can play how theyre suposed too.

Also, Bart Scott's throwing the flag into the crowd is the best penalty in the history of sports.
laugh.gif

^ actually no. go back to the colts game where the refs were robbing us left and right. what happened? we overcame that bs.
That's not what I mean.

If the Patriots actually lost controversially, you would hear the same
91a356f89391c5d34150465adaef455a7b855a3.gif
coming out of New England's locker room. The pathetic part is,most of it would come from a coach.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

^ honestly bro, if we dont get it together, Pittsburgh should beat us pretty easily. But...I am sure our coaches will get us prepared for the game. It should be another close fight which goes down to the wire. I hope all the crazy vegas spreads are done with. That game better not have a spread greater than one TD.

Pittsburgh is such an up and down team too, IMO. One week they'll come out and play a flawless game. The next week they'll come out and look likethey forgot what they did the week before. If Polamalu and Holmes are back, it could be a BRUTAL game...
Those two teams, in the rain... I'll make a points prediction of 17-14, but either team could win it. Willie Parker could give ya'll problems, but Isee Wes Welker coming up big, too.

I don't know what's funnier....the obvious bias by the referees, or the postgame comments by all the players.

I'm rooting for the Pats to lose because I hate them. I'm a Dolphins fan and I'd hate for the team I hate the most to break our record.

That's why I'll be praying we pull off the greatest upset in the history of football when we play them.

Early Prediction: Jason Taylor: 3 Sacks, 4 TFL, 2 FF, 1 INT, 1 TD in a 20-10 win.

Originally Posted by Spotti3otti3dopaliscious

Early Prediction: Jason Taylor: 3 Sacks, 4 TFL, 2 FF, 1 INT, 1 TD in a 20-10 win.

I hope the Dolphins win too, but if Jason Taylor posts that statline I will get a Jason Taylor tattoo.

laugh.gif
at the comments during the top 10 plays.

smh.gif
at the no.1 play being the Gaffney TD...

***qoute*** im sorry that was just an out route ***quote***

laugh.gif

As much as I loathe the Patriots, all the calls seemed pretty legit.

-Timeout: Ravens fault.

-Hold on Watson: Dude was draped all over him.

-False start on Patriots: Pretty obvious.

-Gaffney catch: Most questionable one, but probably not enough to overturn it. I think the ball was still moving when he went out, I don't know if thatconstitutes a juggle though.

Other dumb things by the Ravens:

-Ed Reed holding the ball 2 feet away from his body on that return.

-Overly conservative play calling at the end.

-McGahee was fatigued at the end, but Musa Smith wasn't brought in.

-Boller's pass was just horrendous.

Can't even imagine what the Ravens must be feeling right now.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by are owe double s

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

http://myespn.go.com/profile/hashmarks?tag=patriots-ravens
Just returned from the Ravens' locker room. Those guys are ticked off. They said the league wants the Patriots to win, to the point that officials make calls favoring New England with the game on the line. They said Tom Brady sells tickets for the league, so the league wants Brady and the Patriots to stay unbeaten. I'll start posting the direct quotes momentarily. Refresh the blog periodically and you'll see them as they post.

Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs on officiating: "Everybody is kind of cheering for them to go undefeated and break all the records. They called them the greatest offense on earth. So who knows? ... They made one more play than us and they got a little help."

Suggs on the timeout attributed to the Ravens, which gave New England another chance on fourth down aver Baltimore appeared to stop Tom Brady short on a sneak: "You only get a few times to really get the NFL's poster boy in that type of situation. I don't know. It looked like all 22 men on the field played as if no timeout was called. But if it was called, it was called. I don't get inot that part of the game. I just do my job."

Suggs on officiating: "It's kind of the feeling of the 2001 tuck rule. It kind of feels like the tuck rule. That is the NFL for you, man. When they got a guy like that that is selling a lot of tickets, you want to keep him selling tickets"

Scott: "We outplayed them, plain and simple. We punched them in the mouth on both sides of the ball."

Ravens receiver Derrick Mason: "Allow the players to dictate how the game is going to go, especially the last couple of seconds. It's kind of like basketball. There's three seconds on the clock. Let the guys play. The best team is going to win. You don't let outside circumstances dictate how the game is going to go. It's hard to play against the best team in the NFL and beat them. You are out there and working hard. You are playing against them and then also you have the other guys and it seems you are playing against them, also."

More from Mason on officiating: "I'm going to take it back to last game. San DIego. Quinn Sypniewski runs down the field, runs into one of their DBs, we catch the ball and they call offensive pass interference. OK. Great. This game, same things happens. Randy Moss runs right into Samari Rolle. They call defensive pass interference. I don't understand that. One game it's called one way, the next game it's called another way. At the end, you have a phantom call. That's why it's hard to play and win a game when you are playing against more than just the best team in the NFL."

More from Mason on how hard it is to beat the Patriots: "It's kind of like that old Bulls team when they were running the tables. You were playing against Jordan, Pippen and the bunch and it was hard to beat them because everyone was on their side. That's the way it is now. You've got Brady and the bunch. It's hard to beat them when you're playing against them and extra people."

Mason on whether the refs can get caught up in talk of an undefeated season: "I think everybody can get caught up. You should have heard some of the verbal blasts we were taking from the refs. It was just despicable. They don't want us to say anything to them, but they treat us like we're little kids out there, saying anything they want to say. As players, we can't say anything back. We can't report it to anybody because it's our word against theirs. But you have to give it up to New England. They did what they had to do. They scored at the end and that's all you can ask of a team."

Insert Salty pic and a you "you mad" pic here.
laugh.gif

ouch, these guys are def. heated...but i can't say anything, it was an intense NFL game and if i was them i would have ran my mouth too...to be SO closeand not win really does hurt and i'm a Pats fan but DeadsetAce my dude....the Pats would have DEFINETELY said something after the game if the shoe was onthe other foot (although not to the extent of the Ravens)
i was at work and i just watched the game and all the post-game highlights on my DVR and read theentire thread and here are my thoughts:

- the Ravens played a hell of a game...they took what Philly did last week and did even better, for the most part Kyle Boller played good...the Ravens D wasexcellent i knew this wasn't going to be a blowout or anything like that, they were def. ready for the Patriots, like Samari Rolle said this was theirSuper Bowl

- the Patriots need to work on running the ball more/better...i'm sorry, but Brady throwing it 35+ every game isn't going to work come playofftime...it seems all good now and he's probably going to have Peyton's record when it's all said and done but this is the one area where i thinkBellichick's ego is def. getting in the way, sorry fellow Pats fans, but we need to have Maroney have a 100+ yard game or something before the end of theyear to show teams we're able to run as well as pass...it's slowly becoming a one-dimensional, albeit a great, offense...Brady will still be Brady but19-0 isn't going to happen like this

- lol @ the hate and it clouding some people's judgment in here (not aimed towards casual fans and reg. NFL fans who either want the Pats to lose a game orgo undefeated)...you guys know who you are, every chance you get to take a shot at the Patriots you come running over to your keyboard after you've removedyour hands from your pants and post a sob story on NikeTalk...cry me a damn river, there were sooo many instances the Ravens had to put the game out of reachor just not F it up and they failed...plain and simple, the Ravens lost the game...go ahead, be mad

- like i said before...the Ravens lost this game, the only instance in which the Patriots got "lucky" is when YOUR bonehead Def. Coordinator (NOTBRIAN BILLICK) decides to call a timeout before the 4th down...Kyle Boller, up by 7 with good field position throws a stupid pick with 10 minutes left to go inthe 4th quarter...4th and 6th knowing damn well it's in pass mode the Ravens fail to stop Brady from running the ball to pick up the first down...ihonestly thought they let their emotions get the best of them there and the timeout from their sideline messed their heads up a little because this would nothave happened earlier in the game...so there, the game should have been over multiple times yet they keep giving the Pats chances and what happens?

the holding call...at first i said wow the NFL is going to get bashed tomorrow because i didn't see anything the first time and it def. looked like thePats were being helped UNTIL i saw the highlights...they replayed it a couple of times and you can clearly see the dude holding on to the T.E. (like my dudeSteve Young was saying) for like 8 yards, so it was the correct call...even during the game when the call was made, while the other Ravens players were jumpingup and down and throwing flags into the stands the guy who actually committed the penalty walked quietly on the field looking at the replay not causing arucus...dude had the guilty look on his face, he knew what the F he did

the touchdown...i'll admit it was close but he never juggled the ball at any point he held it in his fingertips the whole time, two feet down...anyone thatsays otherwise needs to have their eyes checked, i kept going back on the DVR and re-checking the replays and there was nothing from the TD catch thatindicated he never had CONTROL of the ball...TD Pats, keep it moving, Brady = Jordan in the clutch
Bart Scott has got to be the dumbest player on this planet...he cost the Ravens 30 YARDS on the kickoff and a possible runback of who knows how much (theSpecial Teams of the Pats were giving up long runs the whole game) had them starting on the 20 yard line, good job Scott keep throwing flags into the stands,you're lucky no fan got hurt or else you would have been Pacman Jones'd out of the league...okay...we all know how much that TIMEOUT hurt, it wouldhave helped having it now, wouldn't it? 2 T.O.'s with less than a minute left would have been good enough but w/e...Boller drives down the field andthrows up a hail mary which was just short and that sums up the whole game for the Ravens so close, yet so far...btw, i think it was Mason?..like Jaws wassaying, dude was using every part of his body to hold down Samuels at the end so he wouldn't intercept it...refs missed that, but w/e, game over

Ravens had too many chances to shut the Patriots down for good and they kept slipping and giving Brady chances to win the game and when you do that, he'sbound to pull something off...Billick's playcalling during certain situations (RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN DON'T PASS) was questionable to say the least andthe Ravens emotions got the better of them at the end and because of that they LOST the game...they have no one to blame but themselves, period...

[/rant/thoughts]

Back
Top Bottom