Official PATRIOTS vs. RAVENS Vol. Monday Night Highlight

Rolle: Officials disrespectedRavens

December 4, 2007 1:42 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando from Baltimore

Ravens cornerback Samari Rolle was particularly upset with the officiating tonight. He was upset with more than what he perceived to beincorrect calls. He was upset at how officials treated Ravens players in this game. He singled out head linesman Phil McKinnely for using disrespectfullanguage.

"The refs called me a boy. No. 110 called me a boy. I will be calling my agent in the morning and sending my complaint. I have a wifeand three kids. Don't call me a boy. Don't call me a boy on the field during a game because I said, 'You've never played football before.'"
Official No. 110 is Byron "Phil" McKinnely, who played for three NFL teams (Atlanta, the Los Angeles Rams andChicago) during the 1970s and 1980s. He also apparently played in the USFL. See also: 1, 2, 3, 4.

laugh.gif

what call was Scott arguin when he threw the flag?
thanks.
ha ha ha...I'm pretty sure it is...I came across the pic a couple of weeks ago on nfl.com.....and thought it was the most intimidating pic Ihave seen in awhile...
eek.gif

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Rolle: Officials disrespected Ravens

December 4, 2007 1:42 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando from Baltimore

Ravens cornerback Samari Rolle was particularly upset with the officiating tonight. He was upset with more than what he perceived to be incorrect calls. He was upset at how officials treated Ravens players in this game. He singled out head linesman Phil McKinnely for using disrespectful language.

"The refs called me a boy. No. 110 called me a boy. I will be calling my agent in the morning and sending my complaint. I have a wife and three kids. Don't call me a boy. Don't call me a boy on the field during a game because I said, 'You've never played football before.' "
Official No. 110 is Byron "Phil" McKinnely, who played for three NFL teams (Atlanta, the Los Angeles Rams and Chicago) during the 1970s and 1980s. He also apparently played in the USFL. See also: 1, 2, 3, 4.

laugh.gif

Yaaaaaaaaawn.....Blame your offense, couldnt get it done, period.

I'm glad we got the win. But where was Moss at down the stretch. Son has been real quiet these past few weeks. I expect a big game from him vs.Pittsburgh.

i just read this whole thread......lol

damn i didnt see the whole game.....only parts......but it seemed like the best game this year.

I'm glad we got the win. But where was Moss at down the stretch. Son has been real quiet these past few weeks. I expect a big game from him vs. Pittsburgh.
Randy Moss is the reason Gaffney was open. The ravens have some very good DBs, but even with that said, they are going to shade to Moss whichleaves opportunity open for others to make plays

smh.gif
at the juggled catch by Gaffney...
that wasnt a juggle. dude was tuckin it. and well...even if he didnt catch it, that idiot Bart Scott got two penalties so they would have beenfirst and goal and im going to go ahead and say they would have scored.

at the end of the day, I respect all of the emotion and passion the Ravens played with, but this whole crying thing is mad annoying. I know how it feels toplay your heart out and come up short, but they need to act like some grown*@%% men out there and not a bunch of women. Now the whole thing with the refcalling him BOY is definitely suspect, but as a whole, they were not cheated out of that game at all. They can chalk that loss up to stupid mistakes in theclutch by thier defense and suspect decisions by thier coaching staff

They had alot of momentum and all that but they got besides themselves on that 3rd and long because Boller was playing so well all game. Cat got a lil toohappy. I would have called a screen or somethin short underneath and settled for the 3. instead they get the overachieving QB make the mistake that hehadn't made all game. it was only a matter of time. and the timeout was obviously suspect. but the pats won that game fair and square.

I wish I had been able to see the game.

This is funny though. The Pats play two close games and all of a sudden they aren't the best team in the league anymore. The thing about all this now isthat teams are gunnin for them. The Ravens had nothing else to play for today because they aren't going anywhere. All teams want to do is beat them.It's a whole new level of focus and desire.

But once the playoffs come, that will stop. Why? Because it's the damn playoffs. Nobody cares about them going 16-0 anymore. Every team just wants to winthe SB. If the Colts have to go to Foxboro, they will lose, and badly. Manning didn't do %@!% in the playoffs last year. He wasn't the reason why theybeat the Pats. He'll choke like always, except this time his defense won't be there to help him out.

I couldn't care less about either one of these teams, but that dude definitely didn't have complete control of that touchdown. You could clearly seethe space between the ball and his hands. Also that call on 4th down COULD be legit but wasn't being called all game, and IMO it was only called because ofwhat team was facing defeat.

Anyone that ever said the NFL is fixed can cite this game as a prime example.. the last 2 minutes of that game were on some JFK assassination type $!#*.

Every single week your in the patriots threads saying how they aren't that good.. or how you have the formula to beat them.. Ravens lost that game fairand square.. If that coordinator didn't call timeout on 4th and 1 the game was over.. No question

you have a crazy bias towards teams and players..
ohwell.gif

That was one hell of a game though, Sean Taylor's spirit brought out the best of everybody..

laugh.gif
at Willis doin Junior like that..

But once the playoffs come, that will stop. Why? Because it's the damn playoffs. Nobody cares about them going 16-0 anymore. Every team just wants to win the SB. If the Colts have to go to Foxboro, they will lose, and badly. Manning didn't do %@!% in the playoffs last year. He wasn't the reason why they beat the Pats. He'll choke like always, except this time his defense won't be there to help him out.
Pretty much, there is no way the Colts can beat the Pats at Foxboro on a cold evening in January.

It'll be interesting to see how Pittsburgh plays the Pats next week. I think Pittsburgh is the only team in the NFC that can beat New England @ Foxboro.Cold weather and crappy field conditions wont effect that team as much as it would Indy, Jacksonville or San Diego(if they can make it that far).

And all these NFL loves New England conspiracy theorists need to remember that the Pats have recently won 3 Super Bowls, and would've won another one lastseason if it wasn't for Riccochet Caldwell. I dont see how the NFL "gave" New England anything, that team has consistently been the among thebest teams in the league for 5 years now.

If the Patriots actually lost controversially, you would hear the same
91a356f89391c5d34150465adaef455a7b855a3.gif
coming out of New England's locker room. The pathetic part is, most of it would come from a coach.
^ see the problem is...the penalties were legit calls last night. i mean i dont see how you can say the penalties weren't legit. if they werephantom penalties, then fine, blame your loss on bad calls. but the calls looked pretty spot on. i think between the penalties, the timeout, and the falsestart by the pats, people are confusing good luck with a conspiracy. bottom line: ravens lacked discipline down the stretch and it cost them the game. youcan't blame the refs for penalties YOU actually committed.

and again, the Raven played great all game, but they just lost it on that last drive.

I was at this game last night. And the Patriots were depleted. They had no hope coming in that fourth quarter. Fast forward to one minute left and Tom Bradywas focused. 4th and 1. A false start on the Patriots. 4th and 6. The entire stadium is on their feet. It seemed like an eternity from the penalty was calledand the timeout taken. The ball is hiked and Brady does it, again. I could have sworn it was going to Moss, but nope. It went to the most unlikely suspect.Gaffney.

Touchdown. Even a review couldn't mar this victory or this game. Yes, there were questionable calls, but it was being called on both sides of the ball.

Long and distraught faces filled the M&T Bank Stadium.

I never had a doubt in my mind that the Patriots would somehow pull it out. As they will for the rest of the season. This is the +$!# champions are made of.

I do agree that the calls at the end of the game were legit. Espcially the holding call in the end zone that gave the Patriots a fresh set of downs.
But honostly, i do not think that was a touchdown.

I have all the respect for the patriots players, none for the coach, but i do not agree on the TD call, and they reviewed it.

Chris Mccallister said it right, They have a crown on their had and everybody wants them to win

game was CRAZY- i really thought it was the one...but the Ravens fell apart at the end...i would hate to be in that lockeroom after the game or even inpractice/meetings this week

the ravens had it throughout but just like the people watching, they knew the pats would find a way to pull it off and they did

hopefully we can go back to blowing teams out the park b/c my nerves are bad right now and i cant be drinking that heavy on monday nights
laugh.gif

oh and we need some pics of that last hail mary catch...to everybody wishing for a couple more yards or a timeout watch your boy Mason HOLD/PULL the defendersaway from that easy Pic/deflection then find another part of the game to cry about...

in the end Champions do Champion things...the ravens lacked the composure to finish out that game...the wind, that defense, the nothing to lose attitude,boller looking like a young joe montana, everything was lined up for them to do it..but they cracked

oh and i almost forgot
indifferent.gif
to the coach stoneage aka DonShula...somebody need to put his bad luck%++! on the moon til we finish out this season
laugh.gif

The rule doesnt say you have to have the ball like pinned to your chest. The ball wasnt being bobbled, it was just he hands still moving, which in my eyes iscatch.

Back
Top Bottom