Official PC thread.

^ Personally, I'd stay away from pre-built systems. Build your own (if you can); you'd have more options/flexibility. Will save you more money, too. And get more RAM with the money you saved.
laugh.gif
2GB isn't really going to cut it these days. gonna be sluggish when you have a lot of programs running. Just my 2 cents.

^ Personally, I'd stay away from pre-built systems. Build your own (if you can); you'd have more options/flexibility. Will save you more money, too. And get more RAM with the money you saved.
laugh.gif
2GB isn't really going to cut it these days. gonna be sluggish when you have a lot of programs running. Just my 2 cents.

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

Sup guys? Im in the market for a new PC, the one im running now is a super old pentium 4 IBM. Its too slow and cant do anything without stuttering. So i was looking around online and found a couple that fit my budget, what are your guys thoughts on these two? Im not a PC gamer just a regular home computer guy
smile.gif

http://www.newegg.com/Pro...spx?Item=N82E16883103422

http://www.frys.com/produ...e=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

that acer one is
sick.gif
, 2GB's of ram? what are they apple or something
eyes.gif

The dell isn't too bad although you'd be better off building one.

when it comes to selling, I wish i had a mac
ohwell.gif
30t6p3b.gif

if ivy bridge performs better than expected i might just come up with some bs excuse to build a new machine. As the kids say, "yolo"
ohwell.gif

Sup guys? Im in the market for a new PC, the one im running now is a super old pentium 4 IBM. Its too slow and cant do anything without stuttering. So i was looking around online and found a couple that fit my budget, what are your guys thoughts on these two? Im not a PC gamer just a regular home computer guy
smile.gif

http://www.newegg.com/Pro...spx?Item=N82E16883103422

http://www.frys.com/produ...e=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

that acer one is
sick.gif
, 2GB's of ram? what are they apple or something
eyes.gif

The dell isn't too bad although you'd be better off building one.

when it comes to selling, I wish i had a mac
ohwell.gif
30t6p3b.gif

if ivy bridge performs better than expected i might just come up with some bs excuse to build a new machine. As the kids say, "yolo"
ohwell.gif

^ preciate the reply, yes ive also heard that building your own is better and possibly cheaper. I know its not that difficult to build your own but i think it'd be easier to just buy one pre-built to connect and go. I also dont have a lot of knowledge on what are good bang for buck components for building it, i seen on PCmag.com they built a computer with under $500 but some of the stuff they used didnt seem like it was too good
laugh.gif
but what do i know?

^ preciate the reply, yes ive also heard that building your own is better and possibly cheaper. I know its not that difficult to build your own but i think it'd be easier to just buy one pre-built to connect and go. I also dont have a lot of knowledge on what are good bang for buck components for building it, i seen on PCmag.com they built a computer with under $500 but some of the stuff they used didnt seem like it was too good
laugh.gif
but what do i know?

laugh.gif
but what do i know?

This is better than both of the other two systems & cheaper than the dell: Link
A6-3600 (2.1 GHz)
6GB Ram
500GB Hard Drive
Radeon HD6530

all for $380 prebuilt

laugh.gif
but what do i know?

This is better than both of the other two systems & cheaper than the dell: Link
A6-3600 (2.1 GHz)
6GB Ram
500GB Hard Drive
Radeon HD6530

all for $380 prebuilt

^ Hey thats actually not bad at all
pimp.gif
definitely appreciate the link bro, any others you think are good for around that price or a little more? I think you just showed me my new PC

^ Hey thats actually not bad at all
pimp.gif
definitely appreciate the link bro, any others you think are good for around that price or a little more? I think you just showed me my new PC

^ Not bad, still not a fan of Lenovo, though. That Dell one isn't that bad, either.

whyhellothere, i know what you mean. Whenever you think you're finally done with your rig... Something new comes out that you'll lust after.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Anyway, going to board the plane now. The replacement plane already got here and is almost finished being loaded up. Might go on the hunt for some PC speakers there. Hopefully they're cheaper than what they go for over here.

^ Not bad, still not a fan of Lenovo, though. That Dell one isn't that bad, either.

whyhellothere, i know what you mean. Whenever you think you're finally done with your rig... Something new comes out that you'll lust after.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Anyway, going to board the plane now. The replacement plane already got here and is almost finished being loaded up. Might go on the hunt for some PC speakers there. Hopefully they're cheaper than what they go for over here.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Why no love for Lenovo? Between this and the Dell which is the better deal for what you pay for? Have a safe flight wherever you're going

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Why no love for Lenovo? Between this and the Dell which is the better deal for what you pay for? Have a safe flight wherever you're going

damn that 680 looks awesome.
I kinda wanna upgrade from my 560ti
also those new z77boards looking mighty nice, Inside of me is wanting to upgrade again, ivybridge, z77board and a 680gtx
sick.gif

zk1mpls how that gpu compared to your older 560, kinda dumb question but i wanna know your opinion.
btw very clean cable management, mine needs a little work for my coolmaster sniper case

damn that 680 looks awesome.
I kinda wanna upgrade from my 560ti
also those new z77boards looking mighty nice, Inside of me is wanting to upgrade again, ivybridge, z77board and a 680gtx
sick.gif

zk1mpls how that gpu compared to your older 560, kinda dumb question but i wanna know your opinion.
btw very clean cable management, mine needs a little work for my coolmaster sniper case

^^ from past experience, lenovos aren't that nice on build quality... well, at least for the laptops back then. But it's been a long while since I've encountered pre-built PCs in general. Been always advised to build my own for the past few builds. But on paper it has pretty nice specs given the price. And I've had a pretty good experience with Dell products -most recently my U2312HM IPS monitor, which is really nice.
smokin.gif

I'd say get the one that has better support and warranty, so you'd be set should problems arise in the future.

2o4, if you're coming from Sandy Bridge like I am, it really isn't worth it in getting the new Ivy Bridge CPUs Just like the higher-end Z77 motherboards that have dual/quad x16 PCI-e 3.0 slots, so it's easy to SLI down the road. But then again, it's pointless to go to PCI-e 3.0 since the latest generation cards haven't used up the full potential of PCI-e 2.0.

Coming from a relatively unknown-brand 560 Ti to an EVGA 680 is like night and day -kidding. Well, not quite that different but I'm really enjoying the experience so far.
laugh.gif
Inno3D had great hassle-free RMA over here, albeit it only lasting me 5 months on a 1-year product warranty, whereas EVGA offers 3-year global warranty that stays with the card -making it easier to re-sell in a couple of years (a deciding factor for me since I bought the card overseas).

As for the performance aspect, the 680 $&@"$ on dual 560 Tis in SLI, while drawing much less power and having lower operating temperatures. The thing runs about 10C cooler using the stock cooler compared to the 560 Ti. Runs fairly silent up to 65-70% fan speed. Overall, I'm fairly happy with the card. It is a bit more expensive than buying 2 560 Tis, but the overall performance is better. Plus it's easier to resell one newer card than two old generation cards, IMO. But the 560 isn't worthless just yet, wouldn't have bought a 680 before my 560 ti died.

As for the cable management, you should see the backside wiring.
sick.gif
laugh.gif
My friend has a Sniper case, too. He's currently in the process of modding it... I don't know why. It's a perfectly good case.
laugh.gif

^^ from past experience, lenovos aren't that nice on build quality... well, at least for the laptops back then. But it's been a long while since I've encountered pre-built PCs in general. Been always advised to build my own for the past few builds. But on paper it has pretty nice specs given the price. And I've had a pretty good experience with Dell products -most recently my U2312HM IPS monitor, which is really nice.
smokin.gif

I'd say get the one that has better support and warranty, so you'd be set should problems arise in the future.

2o4, if you're coming from Sandy Bridge like I am, it really isn't worth it in getting the new Ivy Bridge CPUs Just like the higher-end Z77 motherboards that have dual/quad x16 PCI-e 3.0 slots, so it's easy to SLI down the road. But then again, it's pointless to go to PCI-e 3.0 since the latest generation cards haven't used up the full potential of PCI-e 2.0.

Coming from a relatively unknown-brand 560 Ti to an EVGA 680 is like night and day -kidding. Well, not quite that different but I'm really enjoying the experience so far.
laugh.gif
Inno3D had great hassle-free RMA over here, albeit it only lasting me 5 months on a 1-year product warranty, whereas EVGA offers 3-year global warranty that stays with the card -making it easier to re-sell in a couple of years (a deciding factor for me since I bought the card overseas).

As for the performance aspect, the 680 $&@"$ on dual 560 Tis in SLI, while drawing much less power and having lower operating temperatures. The thing runs about 10C cooler using the stock cooler compared to the 560 Ti. Runs fairly silent up to 65-70% fan speed. Overall, I'm fairly happy with the card. It is a bit more expensive than buying 2 560 Tis, but the overall performance is better. Plus it's easier to resell one newer card than two old generation cards, IMO. But the 560 isn't worthless just yet, wouldn't have bought a 680 before my 560 ti died.

sick.gif
laugh.gif
My friend has a Sniper case, too. He's currently in the process of modding it... I don't know why. It's a perfectly good case.
laugh.gif

smokin.gif

laugh.gif

sick.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm currently running a AMD Phenom II X4 955be with(am3 socket) Im sure i'd get a better boost in performance.
Thats true, im sure they really haven't used the max potential pci 2.0 uses( thanks for saying that, might have just saved me $550 from going down the drain) My evga gtx 560 TI DS is quite fine, it does the job.
I'm sure noone will see the backside of the wiring anyway, I may need to repaint the side panel since you can see some scratches on em -__- I've been thinking of changing the top fan from one big 200m fan to maybe 3 smaller one would it get better air flow or really no difference at all?
which liquid cooling are you using, ive been thinking of getting one for myself rather then the stock heatsink and fan.

I'm currently running a AMD Phenom II X4 955be with(am3 socket) Im sure i'd get a better boost in performance.
Thats true, im sure they really haven't used the max potential pci 2.0 uses( thanks for saying that, might have just saved me $550 from going down the drain) My evga gtx 560 TI DS is quite fine, it does the job.
I'm sure noone will see the backside of the wiring anyway, I may need to repaint the side panel since you can see some scratches on em -__- I've been thinking of changing the top fan from one big 200m fan to maybe 3 smaller one would it get better air flow or really no difference at all?
which liquid cooling are you using, ive been thinking of getting one for myself rather then the stock heatsink and fan.

Put me in the 680 club. End of the week hopefully. Preordered from Amazon for a cool $510
sick.gif

Dont know what to do with it. Maybe I Should resell it and come up $100. Def will help with running BF3, but I havent played much after selling one of my 4890s, which I ended up paying only 10 bucks for ~6 months of use.

Might have to post this in the recent purchases you regret thread 
30t6p3b.gif

Put me in the 680 club. End of the week hopefully. Preordered from Amazon for a cool $510
sick.gif

Dont know what to do with it. Maybe I Should resell it and come up $100. Def will help with running BF3, but I havent played much after selling one of my 4890s, which I ended up paying only 10 bucks for ~6 months of use.

Might have to post this in the recent purchases you regret thread 
30t6p3b.gif

^ Try it out first!
laugh.gif
it's a really good and efficient card. haven't played BF3 in a month myself. Really enjoyed playing yesterday. Playin with a competent team really makes it better.

2o4, just look at the fan's airflow rating -figure is usually in CFM. It depends on what you're looking for. Some fans push a lot of air but are a lot noisier than others. Larger-diameter fans have high cfm but lower rpm, which means it runs more silent. The inverse runs noisier. Planning to shift to 140mm fans myself so i dampen my rig's noise much more. Really prefer larger fans these days.

I use the Corsair H80. Good performance... a bit pricey. 5-year warranty, though. The fans push a lot of air but are pretty noisy at full blast. Bought it since my 2600k's stock cooler was trash. Glad i flipped it off for about $8.
laugh.gif

^ Try it out first!
laugh.gif
it's a really good and efficient card. haven't played BF3 in a month myself. Really enjoyed playing yesterday. Playin with a competent team really makes it better.

2o4, just look at the fan's airflow rating -figure is usually in CFM. It depends on what you're looking for. Some fans push a lot of air but are a lot noisier than others. Larger-diameter fans have high cfm but lower rpm, which means it runs more silent. The inverse runs noisier. Planning to shift to 140mm fans myself so i dampen my rig's noise much more. Really prefer larger fans these days.

I use the Corsair H80. Good performance... a bit pricey. 5-year warranty, though. The fans push a lot of air but are pretty noisy at full blast. Bought it since my 2600k's stock cooler was trash. Glad i flipped it off for about $8.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom