Official PC thread.

Thanks for the advice, maybe i'll just leave em as it is.
I really started to consider liquid cooling after seeing that h100 lol, from your point of view should i consider a z77 board with ivy bridge. Cause I really felt i should have gotten a sandy bridge instead when I upgraded last summer.

Thanks for the advice, maybe i'll just leave em as it is.
I really started to consider liquid cooling after seeing that h100 lol, from your point of view should i consider a z77 board with ivy bridge. Cause I really felt i should have gotten a sandy bridge instead when I upgraded last summer.

^ You're welcome.

2o4, liquid cooling is nice, but it's higher-maintenance (talking about a custom dedicated watercooling setup). Not really necessary unless you're overclocking. A real good air-cooled setup would suffice for most. But watercooling just looks cool. Pre-built watercooling solutions work well, too, but you don't have that much flexibility in positioning them (for better airflow) and the non-replaceable built-in pump might not last as long as a heatsink which has no moving parts and has replaceable fans.

I'd say you can go for Ivy Bridge. You'd definitely benefit from the features. Well, it's more future-proof at the very least!
laugh.gif
As much as I want o dispose of my old motherboard and switch to a Z77, my old board is hard to sell. So i have no choice but to keep it.

^ You're welcome.

2o4, liquid cooling is nice, but it's higher-maintenance (talking about a custom dedicated watercooling setup). Not really necessary unless you're overclocking. A real good air-cooled setup would suffice for most. But watercooling just looks cool. Pre-built watercooling solutions work well, too, but you don't have that much flexibility in positioning them (for better airflow) and the non-replaceable built-in pump might not last as long as a heatsink which has no moving parts and has replaceable fans.

I'd say you can go for Ivy Bridge. You'd definitely benefit from the features. Well, it's more future-proof at the very least!
laugh.gif
As much as I want o dispose of my old motherboard and switch to a Z77, my old board is hard to sell. So i have no choice but to keep it.

^ Sounds good, might as well just change the Mobo and cpu, hopefully I can still keep the same ram I'm currently using.
I just find it difficult to choose which mobo for the z77 would be perfect for me, I probably wont worry about it until they release the cpu to the market. Would you be willing/kind enough to help me pick one out? ^^

^ Sounds good, might as well just change the Mobo and cpu, hopefully I can still keep the same ram I'm currently using.
I just find it difficult to choose which mobo for the z77 would be perfect for me, I probably wont worry about it until they release the cpu to the market. Would you be willing/kind enough to help me pick one out? ^^

Quick question about the processors of the computers i was asking about. Which one would perform better? The A6 3600 or the Athlon II X4?

Quick question about the processors of the computers i was asking about. Which one would perform better? The A6 3600 or the Athlon II X4?

Originally Posted by 2o4

Really depends on the features you need. No sense buying a $500 motherboard if you don't use most of its features -just saying. Waste of money spending that much on a board with quad SLI/Crossfire capability (which has 4 PCI-e x8/x16 channels) when you only plan to use only one card.
laugh.gif
ASUS, ASROCK, GIGABYTE, and MSI make solid motherboards... with ASUS being the bang-for-the-buck option most of the time. Was supposed to cop an ASUS Z68 motherboard for my rig, but I settled for a GIGABYTE P67 motherboard since I needed the onboard Dolby Home Theatre feature for my Astro MixAmp. But since finding such a motherboard locally was quite difficult, I sort of settled for the first one I found. Quite a mistake by me. The board I got only has AMD Crossfire support... no NVIDIA SLI support unless you hack it.
ohwell.gif
30t6p3b.gif
The SATA port placement is less than desired as well. Makes cable management a little annoying, even with sleeved SATA cables. Oh well. Charge it to experience since I haven't built a system in a long while beforehand.So know what you really want first.

Originally Posted by 2o4

Really depends on the features you need. No sense buying a $500 motherboard if you don't use most of its features -just saying. Waste of money spending that much on a board with quad SLI/Crossfire capability (which has 4 PCI-e x8/x16 channels) when you only plan to use only one card.
laugh.gif
ASUS, ASROCK, GIGABYTE, and MSI make solid motherboards... with ASUS being the bang-for-the-buck option most of the time. Was supposed to cop an ASUS Z68 motherboard for my rig, but I settled for a GIGABYTE P67 motherboard since I needed the onboard Dolby Home Theatre feature for my Astro MixAmp. But since finding such a motherboard locally was quite difficult, I sort of settled for the first one I found. Quite a mistake by me. The board I got only has AMD Crossfire support... no NVIDIA SLI support unless you hack it.
ohwell.gif
30t6p3b.gif
The SATA port placement is less than desired as well. Makes cable management a little annoying, even with sleeved SATA cables. Oh well. Charge it to experience since I haven't built a system in a long while beforehand.So know what you really want first.

And of course check out the support/warranty of the company you're buying from. So it's easier to facilitate support/warranty claims.

By the way, EVGA also makes some nice motherboards... and they have some of the best warranties around. Might look into that in addition to the 4 brands i mentione above.

And of course check out the support/warranty of the company you're buying from. So it's easier to facilitate support/warranty claims.

By the way, EVGA also makes some nice motherboards... and they have some of the best warranties around. Might look into that in addition to the 4 brands i mentione above.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Originally Posted by 2o4

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
30t6p3b.gif
LOL, I'm like totally not gonna spend more then 200 for a mobo, I don't plan on running sli. I think I"ll regret buying another GPU. I found a few asus z77 boards online, in which they have a retail store where I live in. Found 2 that are within my price range
ASUSP8Z77-V LE w/ Dual DDR3, 7.1 Audio, Gigabit Lan, CrossFireX 

ASUS P8Z77-V-LX w/ Dual DDR3, 7.1 Audio, Gigabit Lan, CrossFireX 

Maybe this one if its worth the price ASUSP8Z77-V w/ Dual DDR3 1600, 7.1 Audio, Gigabit Lan, WiFi, SLI / 3-Way CrossFireX

I haven't tried any overclocking method, I'd like to try if it would boosting the performance while gaming, but if its good performance I'll just not even bother OC.

Mostly my rig is used for gaming.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

Originally Posted by 2o4

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
30t6p3b.gif
LOL, I'm like totally not gonna spend more then 200 for a mobo, I don't plan on running sli. I think I"ll regret buying another GPU. I found a few asus z77 boards online, in which they have a retail store where I live in. Found 2 that are within my price range
ASUSP8Z77-V LE w/ Dual DDR3, 7.1 Audio, Gigabit Lan, CrossFireX 

ASUS P8Z77-V-LX w/ Dual DDR3, 7.1 Audio, Gigabit Lan, CrossFireX 

Maybe this one if its worth the price ASUSP8Z77-V w/ Dual DDR3 1600, 7.1 Audio, Gigabit Lan, WiFi, SLI / 3-Way CrossFireX

I haven't tried any overclocking method, I'd like to try if it would boosting the performance while gaming, but if its good performance I'll just not even bother OC.

Mostly my rig is used for gaming.

Well i bought the Lenovo and its really nice im using it now, i installed avg free 2012 already cuz im not paying for the mcaffee yet. Is there anything else you guys recommend to install on a brand new PC?

Well i bought the Lenovo and its really nice im using it now, i installed avg free 2012 already cuz im not paying for the mcaffee yet. Is there anything else you guys recommend to install on a brand new PC?

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

dont pay for mcaffee ever.
get:
malawarebytes
spybot
cccleaner
&
buy a external hard drive & backup often.
You can use a free program like:
EaseUS Todo Backup

or windows built in backup program

Back
Top Bottom