Official PC thread.

^yeah, I've done that. The mirroring programme can sort that out so the drives don't have to be exactly the same or anything.

I had it once where it added a blank partition the size of the difference but I just got a free partition manager and merged them.

A 1Tb drive has got to be a fortune though? Mine are all 250Mb because when I did the, a year ago and more that was the best value.

Last edited:
You can get a 960GB SSD for ~$200 on sale. Just set an alert on Slickdeals.

I'm personally rolling with an old 256GB Samsung 830. Gonna keep that as primary on the new build and wait on NVMe drives to go down for my SFF build.

Last edited:
You can get a 960GB SSD for ~$200 on sale. Just set an alert on Slickdeals.

I'm personally rolling with an old 256GB Samsung 830. Gonna keep that as primary on the new build and wait on NVMe drives to go down for my SFF build.

I wouldn't skimp on a SSD. That's a good way to lose your data.

Just purchased a rx 480 xfx at microcenter for the deal. Might oc it but not sure I haven't even over-clocked the 4790k. Was going to get the gtx1060 but I couldn't pass up the deal.

Have everything on this rig that I need now, maybe upgrade to 16gig memory and Windows 10.

Wish I had a Microcenter by me. It's about an hour 15 from me, so any savings with them would just be spent on gas and time. One of the few negatives about living in CA is tax at Newegg. Gotta buy from BH Photo or Antonline or elsewhere.

Wish I had a Microcenter by me. It's about an hour 15 from me, so any savings with them would just be spent on gas and time. One of the few negatives about living in CA is tax at Newegg. Gotta buy from BH Photo or Antonline or elsewhere.
When I heard about BH doing blacks dirty, I was conflicted.

Went with newegg/amazon for a majority of my pc part buying.

What's the story on that?

What's the story on that?

they were sued a while back for discrimination

I feel like buying a new case
tired.gif
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...gclid=CJ-txfDZi9ICFYdrfgodxCMC9w&gclsrc=aw.ds

That Inwin is ballin af
laugh.gif
@kdslittlebro my mini itx build isn't even a year old
laugh.gif
I just like shiny things
tired.gif

What's your specs papi? Looking to build an mITX myself.
this was my hadron air w/ a 4460 and 970
finally got around to installing my wifi, also did some cable management and installed hue+.

still waiting on my sleeved extensions for my video card. might need to order some wire combs too.
right now my build is a 6600k and 1070 in a M1 case

Ok NT, tax money is on the way and I'm putting together a build. Need some advice since it's been 4 years since I've been in the hardware game. I plan on getting back into PC gaming, but I don't plan on doing any streaming or anything like that. Also gonna use it for some freelance web dev, but I don't particularly need a beast machine for that.....Still want somewhat of a BA rig 
devil.gif
. 2K is the max I'll put into just the desktop. Any advice about parts that are overrated, overpriced, not good, and any recommendations would be appreciated. 

Here's what I'm looking at so far.

Case: rosewill nighthawk 117 
CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3 GHz LGA 2011-v3
    CORSAIR Hydro Series H105 (If liquid cooling isn't worth the money let me know)
GPU:GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB WINDFORCE 3X OC EDITION 
Motherboard:??  Not sure which to get. Everyone that I've considered has had terrible reviews 
laugh.gif

Memory: Thinking G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)
HDD:Samsung 256GB 
Power Supply:Rosewill Photon-850, PHOTON Series 850W Full Modular Power Supply 
Other: Windows 10 

Last edited:
That Inwin is ballin af :lol:
[@=https://niketalk.com/members/183140"HNL HI" url="/t/283801/official-pc-thread/4350#post_26183672"]

Damn papi that's beautiful. I want the M1 as well, but it's too rich for me. Probably gonna go cheap and get the Thermaltake V1. Bigger than I want but it looks solid for the money.

Ok NT, tax money is on the way and I'm putting together a build. Need some advice since it's been 4 years since I've been in the hardware game. I plan on getting back into PC gaming, but I don't plan on doing any streaming or anything like that. Also gonna use it for some freelance web dev, but I don't particularly need a beast machine for that.....Still want somewhat of a BA rig :evil: . 2K is the max I'll put into just the desktop. Any advice about parts that are overrated, overpriced, not good, and any recommendations would be appreciated. 

Motherboard:??  Not sure which to get. Everyone that I've considered has had terrible reviews :lol:

Memory: Thinking G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)

Where are you getting your parts? That i7 is like 2.5 years old. If you're set with 6 cores, I'd wait for the Ryzen in 2-3 weeks. AMD Vega and the 1080ti are gonna be announced Feb 28 too. If you've already waited 4 years, I'd wait another 2 weeks to see what's coming out especially if you're gonna be on the high-end of things.

Last edited:
Where are you getting your parts? That i7 is like 2.5 years old. If you're set with 6 cores, I'd wait for the Ryzen in 2-3 weeks. AMD Vega and the 1080ti are gonna be announced Feb 28 too. If you've already waited 4 years, I'd wait another 2 weeks to see what's coming out especially if you're gonna be on the high-end of things.
Repped.

I looked up info on Tom's Hardware and priced the parts out on Newegg/Amazon. I did see a comment about the Ryzen, but wasn't sure when it was coming out. If it's going to be that soon then I will def wait. Will wait for info on the 1080 ti and vega also. I'm probably not gonna start ordering parts until marchish anyway.

Last edited:
[@=https://niketalk.com/members/183140"HNL HI" url="/t/283801/official-pc-thread/4350#post_26183672"]

Damn papi that's beautiful. I want the M1 as well, but it's too rich for me. Probably gonna go cheap and get the Thermaltake V1. Bigger than I want but it looks solid for the money.

the fractal design nano and the phanteks evolv are pretty dope cases that are cheap.

the fractal design nano and the phanteks evolv are pretty dope cases that are cheap.

Yea was considering the Fractal Nano S cause it's on sale right now for $45, but I've read of people having issues with the PSU and GPU being super close together so temps were high.

Both are a lot bigger than I want anyway.

Considering the Node 202 as well.

Ok NT, tax money is on the way and I'm putting together a build. Need some advice since it's been 4 years since I've been in the hardware game. I plan on getting back into PC gaming, but I don't plan on doing any streaming or anything like that. Also gonna use it for some freelance web dev, but I don't particularly need a beast machine for that.....Still want somewhat of a BA rig 
devil.gif
. 2K is the max I'll put into just the desktop. Any advice about parts that are overrated, overpriced, not good, and any recommendations would be appreciated. 

Motherboard:??  Not sure which to get. Everyone that I've considered has had terrible reviews 
laugh.gif

What do you need a 5820k for???

What type of games you gonna play.

What else are you gonna do software wise??

You barely gonna be using those extra 2 cores on the latest games.

Alot of games are still using single threaded based performance.

I have an i5 2500k and a 5820k and I see no difference in performance between the two in the games I play.

GTA V

Assetto Corsa

Skyrim

FO4

Save some money and buy a cheaper i7 as for the 980ti how much are you getting it for?

If your on a budget don't bother looking at the 1080Ti with new release inflated prices

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom