Official PC thread.

I'm just gonna say this...I been PC Gaming since 1997.

We all have different game taste and wants and needs.

Alot of people don't even use thier GPU's tech to its full potential.

There is so much more to just starting your common PC game and turning all the graphics sliders up.

When you start to dig deep into 3D,VR,DSR, heavy game texture,graphics mods like ENBs and Reshades you start to feel which 

companies tech is ideal for you.

Have some of you even looked into the Nvidia Control Panel or Nvidia Inspector's vast complex features???

There is so much tech that falls in the hands of an actual experienced game tweakers hands with Nvidia tech

For me Nvidia has given me the best PC gaming experience by far.

3d Vision

ShadowPlay

PhysX

DSR (Which works miracles)

These are things I just can't live without in PC Gaming.

The GTX 1080 has been my favorite GPU thus far.

When you have experienced GTAV in it's full DSR 4K 3D Vision glory come holla at me about AMD.

When you have experienced 90 FPS in Assetto Corsa Occulus Rift mode with 2.0 pixel density come holla at me about AMD.

Last edited:
I'm just gonna say this...I been PC Gaming since 1997.
We all have different game taste and wants and needs.

Alot of people don't even use thier GPU's tech to its full potential.
There is so much more to just starting your common PC game and turning all the graphics sliders up.

When you start to dig deep into 3D,VR,DSR, heavy game texture,graphics mods like ENBs and Reshades you start to feel which 
companies tech is ideal for you.

Have some of you even looked into the Nvidia Control Panel or Nvidia Inspector's vast complex features???
There is so much tech that falls in the hands of an actual experienced game tweakers hands with Nvidia tech

For me Nvidia has given me the best PC gaming experience by far.

3d Vision
ShadowPlay
PhysX
DSR (Which works miracles)

These are things I just can't live without in PC Gaming.
The GTX 1080 has been my favorite GPU thus far.

When you have experienced GTAV in it's full DSR 4K 3D Vision glory come holla at me about AMD.
When you have experienced 90 FPS in Assetto Corsa Occulus Rift mode with 2.0 pixel density come holla at me about AMD.
^this guy games

I wish/hope AMD would compete at the high end. Better prices and performance for everybody from both sides

Last edited:
I wish/hope AMD would compete at the high end. Better prices and performance for everybody from both sides
raw

I'm def copping the 1080Ti.

The person with the right price can buy my Founders Edition GTX 1080

Polaris rebrand as Radeon RX 500 series in about a month and Radeon RX Vega as 1070-1080-1080Ti competitor in May.

That said, on April 4th Radeon RX 580 and Radeon RX 570 will be available for sale. A week later, on April 11th AMD will unveil its Radeon RX 560 and Radeon RX 550 series. All cards, except RX 550, are most likely rebranded from Radeon RX 400 series.

AMD Radeon RX Vega will not be released in April, which somehow confirms our initial information, that Radeon 500 series are expected in May. So in other words, expect Radeon RX 500 rebrands in April and Vega a month or two later.

Last edited:
Polaris rebrand as Radeon RX 500 series in about a month and Radeon RX Vega as 1070-1080-1080Ti competitor in May.

That said, on April 4th Radeon RX 580 and Radeon RX 570 will be available for sale. A week later, on April 11th AMD will unveil its Radeon RX 560 and Radeon RX 550 series. All cards, except RX 550, are most likely rebranded from Radeon RX 400 series.

AMD Radeon RX Vega will not be released in April, which somehow confirms our initial information, that Radeon 500 series are expected in May. So in other words, expect Radeon RX 500 rebrands in April and Vega a month or two later.

So this rebrand is probably just a slight bump over the previous gen 400 series right?

Discounts coming :evil:

I'm thinking about picking up the i7-6700k or 7700k and going iGPU until a good deal pops up.

Haven't looked at much info yet but if I had to guess I'd take 700 for a 1080ti over 1000 for SLI 1080s

Welp from what it looks like the reference 1080Ti card does not have a DVI port.

Looks like I gotta wait for another version of it to release because 3D Vision at 120hz display is a must for me

I paid $263 for an rx 480 and now the gtx 1080 is $500~ or even less on slickdeals.

Def not waiting on vega anymore. 

Then again, vega might be why nvidia's prices are more enticing than their last launch.
nerd.gif

Still deciding on copping a ti or copping a 1080, then copping a ti later on.

nvidia gpus releasing left and right and we're still waiting for amd's vega.
tired.gif
I'll never buy an nvidia card unless I stumble upon 2k laying on the ground.
Stumbled upon 2k today.

Was originally gonna go for a decent i7 OC build, but I'm just gonna roll with a non-OC i5. Figured I don't need AAA gaming capabilities since I have a PS4 that I barely even play anyway. Gonna put this budget build in a HTPC case so it can retire in a few years from now to being a full-time HTPC.

Yall folks upgrading to the 1080 ti, holla at me :nerd:

Here's my collection of parts so far. Just need to pick up a video card and case. Thinking either the Node 202 or Silverstone RVZ02B. Need them thangs to go on sale.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kKynCy

• CPU: Intel Core i5-7500 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (Purchased For $161.08)
  • Motherboard: MSI B250I GAMING PRO AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard (Purchased For $83.41)
  • Memory: PNY Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory (Purchased For $68.90)
  • Storage: Samsung 830 Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Purchased For $0.00)
  • Storage: Western Digital Scorpio Black 500GB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Purchased For $0.00)
  • Power Supply: Corsair SF 450W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply (Purchased For $65.41)
  • Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit (Purchased For $0.00)
  • Monitor: Dell U2412M 24.0" 1920x1200 60Hz Monitor (Purchased For $0.00)
  • Keyboard: Logitech K750 Wireless Slim Keyboard ($0.00)
  • Mouse: Logitech M705 Wireless Laser Mouse ($0.00)

Total: $378.80

CPU + MB + RAM + PSU = $378.80 all after taxes and rebates. Wish Newegg wasn't based in CA.

All the peripherals and SSD/HDD are gonna be recycled.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom